If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#174502 by Nessy21 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 am
Hi I am not sure if I have been scammed, I ordered a dress from the above website, which all looked legit, I then had to pay through moneybookers.com. so I had to set up an account with them, all going well the order was placed money taken and order confirmation sent to say item had been shipped, no reference or shipping company details given, that was two months ago, no sign of said dress and no reply to my 9 emails sent to jeansonlineshopping.com or my three emails to moneybookers.com. The dress was a particular brand so I contacted them directly, they do not supply to jol and have said they will investigate but nothing else they can do. Does anyone know of this two websites and if they can be trusted, I am in Ireland and the dress was coming from the US I think?? so it could be held up at customs but I doubt it. unable to find a phone number for either company, any help on this would be great. thank you[color=#0040FF][/color]
Advertisement

#174520 by Dotti Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:55 am
Domain Name: JEANSONLINESHOPPING.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM
Updated Date: 08-mar-2013
Creation Date: 07-mar-2013
Expiration Date: 07-mar-2014

Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard, Inc.
WhoisGuard Protected

So the site is 6 months old, registered for the minimum period of time. They have hidden their info, not something a legitimate company needs to do. They have no listed address or phone number, which is required by UK law. There is no registered company.

Terms of service include this:
You own all of the content and information you post on Fashion Finder and the Blogs section (the “Community Areas”) of the Website, and you can control how it is shared through yourprivacy settings.

But these things don't! That's because they copied them from a legitimate site here: http://www.asos.com/infopages/pgetandc.aspx?r=2

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#174521 by Nessy21 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 am
Thanks Dotti, looks like I have been had then!!! :( is there anything I can do to get my money back ?? :evil:
#174522 by Painful Truth Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:31 am
Unfortunately chances are your money is long gone, especially after two months have lapsed. I'm not sure how moneybookers work, but if it's anything like Western Union, your monies are lost.

In the future I recommend that before you buy anything online, check the price of what you're purchasing against other websites. Prices on scammy websites are usually way lower then regular prices, because they want to suck in unwary costumers.
#174540 by Nessy21 Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 pm
It was the same price as the brands website, I only ordered from them because it was out of stock from original supplier, have since bought the dress again direct from the brand, but just annoyed as it cost me double the money, normally would be very careful, the site looked really authentic guess I just have to accept the money is gone, is there any where I can report it??
#174541 by Mike Wilson Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm
Hello Nessy21,

Moneybookers.com has been bought by Skrill and you can contact then at the following email address [email protected]. Ask them how to file a complaint about the online merchant. You may not get your money back but your complaint may lead to getting there moneybookers account suspended.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#175151 by chloe27 Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 pm
Think I've also been scammed by this company. Had almost exactly the same experience where I saw a dress on a well-known website which I liked, but they didn't have it in my size. http://www.jeansonlineshopping.com seemed to have it, so I ordered it. The website indicated that they would hold the order whilst I set up a payment to them. I duly set up the payment with moneybookers (now skrill) and a day later, money was taken from the skrill account. But no sign of the dress and no response to any of my emails 8 days later. As you say there's no contact telephone number for this website so nowhere else to go if they don't respond to emails. Although oddly there is a Facebook page for that website, which I've tried messaging just now.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeans-On ... ref=stream

I also noted that there was an email address associated with the skrill account recipient, which has now disappeared. I won't post this up now but if you message me, I will send it to anyone who wants it. I've also tried emailing this address, as well as the website's email but no luck so far :( I've also put in a complaint with moneybookers/skrill so hopefully they will look carefully at this account.

Beware of being had by http://www.jeansonlineshopping.com !!
#176333 by chloe27 Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:50 am
Just to say, I managed to get my money back! Because the payment had been made through skrill, an international online money transfer service, I contacted them to complain about the seller jeansonlineshopping, giving them the transaction details and the email address of the transferee (which of course they had). Skrill then attempted to contact the person who the money had gone to, to query why I'd not received anything. As no response was received within 5 days, Skrill have refunded me the money! Thank you Skrill!! :=) Delighted as obviously with a direct bank transfer, you're not usually protected in the same way that you would be if you'd paid by Paypal, credit card or even debit card.

Very pleased, but the lesson for me is never to buy anything in this way again, but always use protected methods of payment like Paypal and credit card so that if you're scammed, you can go to the credit card company/intermediary for a refund.

And don't ever, ever buy anything from www.jeansonlineshopping which is a just a fake shopping site set up to rip you off.
#176336 by Nessy21 Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 am
Hi Chloe27,

I too have contacted Skrill, and they are doing the whole five day thing too, so hopefully I will get a refund, did get a couple of emails back from jeansonline to say that they would send me a refund, but only after threatening them with internet fraud!!! Still have not got anything from them.....