If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#174766 by basq Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:15 pm
Hi

I was contacted last Saturday by a guy claiming to be SSG James Burke a soldier with the Calvary Unit currently on peace keeping mission in Malaysia. He contacted me via Loveaccess.com which is a dating site. He sent me an email via the dating site and as soon as I replied he found me via facebook which I found rather strange as I had not even mentioned I was on FB and requested to add me as a friend, which I did and we have been communicating ever since on a daily basis, he also informed me that his name was not infact James but Simeon Burke and sent me a copy of his passport and military ID, which I will post on here if I can find out how to do it ! I am a very sceptical person but he is so good at what he does (scamming) and he almost had me convinced until last night he said that for us to continue talking I need to request permission to the army for a secured communication line and register my name, I composed the email and he told me to tell him what I had written and then he said to send it to the following [email protected] This morning I received this email:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Your application for a secured communicating line with SSG Simeon Burke of the Malaysia 4th Brigade Division, Camp Sabah, Malaysia, has been received at the Malaysia Military Department of Defense on Friday 08/23/13 08:36 AM

The Armed Forces Secured Communication Line service is provided to subtitute the Broadband Satellite service which is pregnable and unsecure whch makes it easy for a thrid party to gain access into the network and hack directly into the Millitary Database.

In other to prevent giving access to the wrong people, relatives who wants to communicate with a deployed soldier must fill out a registration form and ensure all the info giving in the form is true and Genuine.

Attached to this email is a scanned copy of the Secured Communication line request form. Kindly fill the form and scan it back to us for registration and processing of your request.

Note: This service is provided for our soldiers to keep in touch with registfamily while away from Home. The Network is anonymous and untraceable due to the Armed Force security reasons. Any attempt to trace or hack this service will be detected and traced and the culprit will be punished as a spy.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to call +60102806650 at anytime of the day

SIGNED

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

so I filled in the form and sent it back and I have just received this email:

This is to inform you that your Secured Communication Line request with SSG Simeon Burke has been approved and your information has been registered in the Malaysian Military Department of Defense Database.

The Armed Forces Secured Communication Satellite Technologies is among the first carriers to have access to Avanti’s HYLAS 2, the most state-of-the-art satellite designed for secured broadband communications. It is equipped with Ka bandwidth transponders that enable bidirectional encrypted data transmission.

With an aim to protect information and build capabilities to prevent cyber-attacks, The Armed Forces satellite communications may provide fast, reliable, interference- and interception-resistant information transfer in command centres, operating units and other sub-units (logistic, engineering, etc.).

The Armed Forces Satellite technology is supported with basic transmission medium capable of two-way transfer of data, which provides not only the Internet access and data transfer but also secure and global voice communications at a fixed rate of $565.00 USD.

Full payment should be sent via Western Union Money Transfer. Below is the Available pick up officer information

Name: Arizah Binti Daud
Address: USJ 10 Subang Jaya,
City: Petaling Jaya
State: Selangor
Postal Code: 47100

All payment should be remitted via Western Union and the payment receipt should be scanned and sent to us within 72 hours to hasten confirmation.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to call +60102806650 at any time of the day

SIGNED

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

Needless to say I will not be sending anyone any money but I thought I would report this to you, the form requested my name, address, dob and job title so I am hoping they cannot do anything with that, I am now going to block Simeone Burke from my FB and end all communication with him...
Advertisement

#175277 by spice Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:27 pm
Hi there,
I just want to give a warning to everybody having contacts in datingsites.
I just get scam from a datingsite badoo.com
A military with the name Russell Obrien.
After we win all my trust he ask me money for a flight ticket.
After that he said he was in malaysia and he was arrested there and i have to send money to get him free.
Pffff, i was so stupid to believe all the history and he was really profesionaal, other guy called Mohammed help him (he was de person in the detention room who will help us to get him free).

The ip numbers are:
175.139.43.139 Kuala Lumpur, 14 -
175.136.121.204 Damansara, 12

Emails:
Russell:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Mohammed:
[email protected]

Facebook profile (still active, he has two)
https://www.facebook.com/russ.obrien.33?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/russell.obrien.735?fref=ts
I lost € 4412,2

De money went to these persons:
Arizah Binti Daud
Irnawatibinti Yondi Yundi
Ruzita Binti Rasol (i got this name also but i didn't send anything there)

Telephones:
+601133105773 Russell Obrien
+601133104143 Mohammed

Please be careful, they are professional bandits, stealing money from good people and they don't mind who will hurt and how.
#175279 by spice Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 pm
Look out specially for this names:

Arizah Binti Daud
Irnawatibinti Yondi Yundi
Ruzita Binti Rasol
(i got this name also but i didn't send anything there)
#175379 by jed1952 Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:14 pm
I have also received request for secure communication. The name this person goes by is Howard David Bromberg, Sgt. Scott Massingale or Scott Howard Mass. Wants money sent via Western Union or Money Gram , to Guam. It is sad that these people use our military that are defending our country and giving up their lives for us. Also states will be mad if you don't send....Really what a low life these people are. Please be aware of these names also.
#175444 by TerranceBoyce Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 am
The scammers are clueless morons too, as the military won't be allowed to use secure communications to speak to members of the public, because they aren't allowed to discuss operational matters with them. If a soldier needs secure communication, perhaps to speak to the President, the US military has the best and most secure communications available on site.

To call the scammers half-wits is giving them too much praise, by about a half. Using a computer to sign on to dating sites will probably be the pinnacle achievements of their lives. They're pitiful and embarrassing.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#177687 by esther choo Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:40 am
The phone numbers you gave here starts with +6010......... this 6010 goes to Malaysia country code.....If i am not wrong, he is a Black Nigerian Scammer staying in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. as there are many of these black Nigeiran Scammers staying there posing as students.
#267097 by alexiscute2 Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:16 am
They are African for sure and they are not real US Army and they were using local or other asian woman or man to receive the money ( those who has a bank account) and will give them a commission for receiving the money. African in Malaysia are in student visa. For them to be survived they are scamming people online. So Be Careful!!!