If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#3390 by matthewy8 Sun May 11, 2008 10:00 am
heres a scam that keeps popping up numerous times a day.

Below is the ad, Craigslist has already pulled the ad twice but the scammer keeps sneaking back in! I doubt any of you guys would fall for this low price ad and thought I'd post it here anyway. There is a hull #. Any idea where it is?

2006 Ranger Comanche Bass Boat Loaded with options! - $5800 (Trailer: Included)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-667976630@
Date: 2008-05-04, 10:03PM EDT

2006 Ranger Comanche Bass Boat Loaded with options!
Navigation, locators, upgraded trolling motor, dual fuel tanks, Sirrius Radio and lots more.
This is a great boat and in very nice condition,with very low hours.The stainless prop is a new one

Type:Bass
Use:Fresh Water
Make:Ranger
Engine Type:Single Outboard
Model:Z-19 Comanche
Engine Make:Mercury
Year:2006
Engine Model:225 hp
Length (Feet):19.6
Primary Fuel Type:Gas
Beam (Feet):8.0
Fuel Capacity (Gallons):41-50
Hull Material:Fiberglass
Trailer:Included
Hull Identification Number: RNGA3071L506

anyway the pictures wouldnt post. i emailed the guy to see if he would even email me back (email is the only way you could get ahold of him) and he sent me this email.

Hello and thank you for your interest in my boat. This boat is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title. I sell at this price because in the past few moths we've tried to develop a family business but unfortunately the things didn't work the way we've expected and now I really need cash because I am at one step from losing my market, so I've decided to sell the boat. The boat is located in Ephraim, UT, at the shipping company ready to be sending at your place. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at www.world-wide-shipping.tk Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection and I have a purchase protection account for $ 10.000. The final price that I want for this boat is $ 5,800 including trailer, shipping and handling.
Please contact me only at e-mail because I don't have a phone number for 2 or 3 weeks.

go to his website he has posted and its an aol page made with easy designer and theres no contact info on there. hmm whats with that?? just thought id pass that along because i didnt see another post like that on this site.
Advertisement

#3391 by ChrisSmith Sun May 11, 2008 12:52 pm
Thanks for posting matthewy8.

We'll take care of the webpage.

A Hull Number is much the same as the chassis number on a car. It's a legal requirement that helps identify the boat. If you put that particular number into Google, you can see that this guy has been real busy spamming his crap on craigslist.