If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#3407 by firejunior17 Sun May 18, 2008 5:37 pm
I have been trying to sell my car on craigslist, and i recieved an email from a shady character named steven adams. he never really used my name, or answered anything directly, or called me. then i had recieved a phone call from a scam warners operator, mr. smith, stating that i was at risk and i was suposed to receive a check for a significant amout of money. it was all true. i have not sent any money anywhere and id like o state, if you do get a call from scam warners...heed the warning. theyre good.
Advertisement

#3408 by Ralph Sun May 18, 2008 11:45 pm
Welcome and thanks for posting.

I am glad that one of my collegues was able to warn you in time, I am even happier that you have taken it seriously and not lost your money.

We do sometimes encounter victims of scams that do not believe us and continue to communicate and send money to the scammers, that's something that does NOT make our day.

Your post here is sure to make Mr Smith's day, we dont get all that many nice posts like yours considering how many warnings we send