If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#179596 by Clemmy Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:41 pm
Hello,

As a student, I need to find a part-time job and have posted my CV on several websites. So, of course, I knew I could encounter some problems.
Today I was contacted (by email, which is very strange) by a man with a gmail adress (even more strange). Here is the email:

Hello (my name),

We have received your resume from jobsite.co.uk. Our Company is currently searching for dynamic individuals to join the team of Financial Support Agent. This critical and advanced half-time position is a telecommuting home-based Position and has flexible hours.

The primary role of this position is to provide fast and high quality services to the Firm and its clients but it’s not related to sales.

The monthly pay scale for the position is GBP 1,500 to GBP 2,800 and will turn on your personal qualification and your wish to learn and draw income.

You are expected to be hired as an Independent Contractor for the 30 days probationary period and work short-time. After the successful trial period you may be hired full-time according to your personal supervisor references.

Interested candidates may submit an e-mail of interest with a full name and contact number to this e-mail address.

Best regards,
Mr. Nicholas
HR Manager

I was highly suspicious, since no HR Manager will contact a potential employee, by email and with a gmail address, but nevertheless, I am curious so I said that I was interested in learning some more. I got a second email :

Hello,

I would like to present you the concept of the Global Technology Ltd and PPA position in particular.

Your contact information we have received from one of recruitment websites JobSearch.co.uk, totaljobs.com and jobsite.co.uk, they had sent us your CV because we are seeking new staff.

Our company creates a positive outlook and prosperity of businesses and individuals across the world. We provide outsourcing services in such fields as accounting, IT and legal. Our company helps different kind of business within the US to find the necessary workforce for their needs with freelancing staff from all across the world.

We are offering you to become one of our co-workers with the position - Payment Processing Agent.

Job requirements:
- 18 years of age or older;
- Internet access;
- working telephone number;
- bank account (current/savings) or a Verified Premier or Business PayPal account. New accounts are also welcomed!
- availability of 2-3 hours per day.

Refer to the links below for additional information: www.glob-tech-ltd.net/job/finance2?lang=uk

Frequently Asked Questions: www.glob-tech-ltd.net/job/finance/faq

MAIN POINTS:
- No investment of money on your part;
- Long-term or Short-term employment is available;
- Base pay along with commission is guaranteed;
- Training is provided during the probationary period.
- This is NOT a sales position;

SIGN ON BONUS! Please follow the link: www.glob-tech-ltd.net/job/finance-bonus?lang=uk

Our company registration number is: 03657237

For further information or to request an application, please reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for your time and interest with our company.

Best Regards,

Nicholas Hamley
HR Coordinator
Global Technology Ltd
Phone: 016 1818 8850
Fax: 080 8189 1388
Email: [email protected]

I was amused, because this so-called HR changed name, position and email address just in the space of two emails. But I went to see the website he had given, and I must say that it is nicely done. Several pages, several languages, although no French language whereas English, Italian and Spanish languages exist... Several questions, too, with very believable answers about the legality of the "job", etc. So I went and searched "Global Technology Ltd" on Google, and discovered that true companies bear this name. Their website is not the same, however, and neither are the jobs they offered... So I thought I should tell about this.

I must say that they are not very intelligent, because if they had really read my CV, they would have seen I am a law student. And I'm pretty sure what they really do is not legal at all.

So, with that, I still have to search for a job...

I hope this is useful!!

Clemmy
Advertisement

#179598 by vonpaso xlura Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:53 pm
This is a Bimbom-Bump money mule job, which consists of forwarding stolen money to scammers. The site has been reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#179677 by Clemmy Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:13 pm
Well, I already knew what they were doing, but I'm happy to learn the site has already been signaled. Nonetheless, it's always useful to talk about it here!!
#179685 by TerranceBoyce Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:10 pm
Frankly, that the wiffly waffly job description that is trying to hide the real nature of the work is a good hint that there is something amiss with what you're expected to do, which is confirmed when they try to pretend that they are outsourcing payroll functions to people's home computers which breaks every data protection law in the land.

The fact that they're offering a bonus to employees is laughable as no employer offers anything like that and suggests how much they intend to make out of luring you in to assisting their crime. Considering the risk, the amount should be much larger, but they don't expect anyone they recruit to properly understand what they're doing, and they'll never get the bonus anyway, and most mules only make one payment before they get shut down by their bank.

To make their frauds work they must feed an insatiable appetite for bank accounts which they get through very quickly.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#180571 by fishstew Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:24 pm
there is another clue to the scam.

notice they say "1500 GBP" or "GBP 1500" not "£1500" because they dont come from the uk they dont have the uk Keyboard layout.

also i have full headers switched on my email client so i can see the email originates from Poland. i took great pleasure in informing them i have reported them and if they tried it on again i will report them.

check my date of birth scammers.. if you note i wasnt born yesterday. dont treat me like it is