If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#180315 by jojofung Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:34 pm
The scammer sent text message to my cellular from USA, they got my information from Kijiji.ca. They sent many text to me everyday and rush me to transfer the shipping charges to their agent asap.

Be aware the fraud email address from scammer for pay pal money transfer. (email is similar with the pay pal, but the right one is [email protected]) Mod Note: [email protected] is not a PayPal address.(BW)

Please see the content of the email from the scammer:

Receipt number 0002
payment date 11/03/2013
Payment terms Due on receipt
Due date 11/04/2013
Bill to
Removed (BW)@gmail.com

Date Description Quantity Unit price Amount
11/03/2013

Hardwood Couches

Impediment shipping handling fee 1 $900.00

$600.00 $900.00

$600.00
Subtotal 1,500.00
Total $1,500.00 CAD
Note from merchant : Payment for the Hardwood Couches has been made as is.

PayPal Security & Privacy
Issues with this transaction?
This is to inform you that you are required to send a sum of $600 USD to the address below via Money gram Money Transfer and get back to us with the relevant information which you will be provided with after the money has been sent, you are requested to email us the Money gram Reference Number, sender's name and address used to make the transfer and the secret question and answer if included. As soon as we have received these information from you, we will credit the sum of $1,500.00 USD to your PayPal account.

Name : Sandra Thomxxxx
City : Jacksonville
State : Arkansas
Zip code : 72076

Note: As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the pick up shipment Arrangement has been finalized and messages are sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send all your inquiries to us through this mail [email protected] and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as we hear from you about the pickup arrangement, This is due to the security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

All you have to do is to reply directly to this mail with the Money gram Reference Number, Secret questions and answers, sender's name and address used when sending the money and mobile number. Once it has been verified and the details above sent to us, you will receive a "CONFIRMATION E-mail" from Pay Pal® Service informing you that your account has been credited with $1,500.00 USD.

Please, understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller. We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you.

Because of the inconvenience this causes we are giving you the next two incoming transfers for free! You will pay no fees for your next two incoming transfers*.

To send the money via Money gram just visit http://www.moneygram.com.

Questions? Go to the Help Center at: [email protected].

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, Contact us at this link [email protected].

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, Contact us at [email protected]
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#180323 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners jojofung,

Please post the original email from the scammer. Please remove your personal information. Also post the headers.

[email protected] is a fake Paypal email address.
[email protected] is a fake Paypal email address
[email protected] all my leads say this is also a fake Paypal email address.

Scammers have fake screenshots and realistic emails that appear to be from Paypal. You need to log into Paypal directly to see if you have received a payment. In doubt call Paypal with the number and code they will give you on their site. Paypal will never hold your money as stated by the scammer. You will never have to send money by Western Union or Money Gram. You will never have to provide proof of shipping to receive your money.

Online ads for sellers and buyers are meant for face to face sells.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#182866 by mpanchar Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:32 pm
Hi folks here is another example of the same scammer: I posted my winter tiers on Kijiji and sure enough I recvd. a text message first stating that this person is at work can cannot respond by text but to contact them on their Gmail Account. Then a second email asking for paypal account info, then the 3rd one saying transfer $600 to their shipping company. But the pathetic email stating that this is a gift for their daughter is a dead give a way. How can some one buy some thing with out looking especially from the USA. Please be aware. Here is another email pattern to watch out for.:

"Thanks for your time, please I would like to know more about this Item before I proceed on doing anything, When last was it used, how long have you owned it, and hope it's still in great Condition? I'm so sorry for been too inquisitive, its because am getting it for someone so special to my life.

Greetings"

2nd email: (How can this person be OK with the condition with out looking beats me")

"Thanks for the prompt response. I'm Okay with the condition as I have already go through it on the ad but just trying to make little inquiry from you, I'm ready to buy it now as a gift for my Daughter, I'm at sea at the moment as I'm a Navy Officer, and due to the nature of my Job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but I squeezed out time to check this advert and send you a message regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my Daughter I won't let her know anything about it until it gets delivered to her, I am sure she will be more than happy with it. I insisted on PayPal because I don't have access to my bank account online as I don't have internet banking, but I can pay from my PayPal account, as I have my bank a/c attached to it, Get back to me with your PayPal email and the price so I can proceed with the payment quickly, and sorry if you don't have an Account, you sign-up for a PayPal personal account www.paypal.com it is very fast and easy to set up. And there is a shipping company pick up agent that will come for the pick up after the payment has been sorted out."

3rd Email:
Hi,
am okay with the price and the pick up agent will come for the pickup once the payment has been made..so kindly get back to me with your full home address or wherever you would like the Items to be pick up, so that I can get the pick up agent ready for the pick up once I made the payment ..and please I will advice you to go and end the item on the list. And don't also forget to send me your Phone Number so that I can inform you once the payment has been made...

cheers

4th Email:

Anu Blessing
To Me

Nov 30 at 3:58 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, so sorry just got
an email from the shipping agent that they normally confirm any
commission payment via Money Gram transfer,this can be done from the
post office,bank or you can even do it online as to save the stress of
going around looking for post office.. please I will like to add the
sum of $600 to the amount we agreed on and i will be so happy if you
can help me to transfer it to the shipping agent via Money Gram
transfer.. I would have love to do this myself but currently i am very
busy on ocean, and there is no where on the sea i could send the money
and the only payment method the shipping agent accepted is Money Gram.
I will be glad and very happy if you can just help me with
this..and i want you to get back to me with what you intend doing so i
can transfer everything together to your Account...and get the pick up
agent to get ready because i was told he will be leaving for another
Transaction Trip so i will like us to do this asap so that he can come
to your place first for the pick up..., i want you to know that i will
cover for all the charges...please get back to me asap and let me know
what you intend doing...

Best Regards
#182871 by vonpaso xlura Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:52 pm
The writing is obviously West African. What email address did the fake buyer use, and what address did the fake Paypal message come from?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#265091 by kaasaap Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:10 pm
I want to contribute as this post was very useful to me even after 2 years. We posted an ad for a piano on kijiji in August 2015 and got a text saying the person was at work and to please email them. I did and got the same reply that someone else mentioned:

"Thanks for your time, please i would like to know more about the Item before i proceed on doing anything,When last was it used,how long have you owned it,and hope it's still in great Condition? I'm so sorry for being too inquisitive it's because am getting it for someone so special in my life.
Regards"

It seemed questionable since the instrument wasn't even referenced, and I didn't bother replying after I found this site. Thank you.