If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#180784 by KuribosShoe Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:25 pm
Hello,

I received an email offering me a job, pretty sure it's a scam:

How are you [my full name],

We have obtained your CV from jobsite.co.uk. Our Company is currently searching for dynamic candidates to join the team of Financial Support Agent which is available once. Our Company is expanding and currently searching for an optimistic, reliable and self-motivated candidates to join our dynamic team.

This is a rare opportunity to create a vacancy that never was available in the past, as well as servicing large clients and endeavoring strong business relationships.

This is an outlying position; all assignments and documents are submitted through a web panel at our corporate server, which you will be connecting to over the Internet, from your computer. No specific software or hardware is required. This job does NOT involve any sales, marketing or cold calling.

Minimum Requirements:

High School Diploma or equivalent;
Be a competent PC user with Internet Access;
All applicants will be required to complete a background check;
You must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision;
Ability to learn fast and work in a fast-paced environment;
Current Bank Account to process payments;
United Kingdom citizenship or permanent residence.

We also have a special partnership offer for business owners which render you the access to large corporate agreements with increased bonuses.

If you would like to know more, please email us back with your updated contact information. Applicants available to start immediately will have the priority and will be provided with a sign-on bonus.

Looking forward to a long-term cooperation,
J. Eaton
HR Manager

Seems dodgy although in a follow up email they provided a company number which I did a search on and it checked out. They could've just usurped the name and number of a legit company though. Googled it and another company by the same name came up. There are some spelling and syntax issues in the email too. No first name of the HR person, etc etc.

On the other hand they use a proper email address, not just gmail and they sent me a second email after I said I was interested linking me to a web page that is pretty thorough:

http://www.software-and-supportmedia.com/job/finance22

I'm pretty sure it's a scam but just wanted some other opinions. Thanks!
Advertisement

#180785 by Michael Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:35 pm
Definitely a scam! The website is set up by the scammers to add credibility to their story. What they are asking you to do is money laundering. You receive money from victims on your bank account, which you then forward using various wire transfers, often Western Union. Highly illegal! Additionally, when a police investigation is started, the money trail will lead directly to you!

Stop all contact with them immediately, if you haven't done so already.

As said earlier, the website is fake and is being reported as we speak. Hopefully it will be taken offline soon. In the meantime, please post all mail addresses, telephone numbers, etc you received involving this scam.

Thank you for posting your experience, and I'm glad you came to us before it was too late! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#180805 by vonpaso xlura Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 pm
That is a Bimbom-Bump money mule recruiting site. That gang has been spewing out fake websites and fake company names for four years or so. That site has been reported; the email you got will go into another report soon as evidence. (These sites may last months before they go down; they tend to jump from one host to another.)

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#188078 by Joannes Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 am
Here's one I just received ...

Hello Dear Candidate,

All the changes that have come about in the past 10 years, from environmental policy to emerging technologies to the recession, have contributed to the creation of careers that never could have existed before.

Discover our IT Outsourcing company based in UK. Our aim is to cooperate with various companies across the UK and to bring the intermediaries together.

FSA is a part-time position. If you are just re-entering the workforce or are a recent college grad, this can be your opportunity to start a solid career with a leading outsourcing company. We provide one month paid training period. During your training you receive on-line training and support. A personal supervisor guides your training. At the end of your trial period the personal supervisor makes the final decision to extend a permanent offer or not. Your training is critical to your success!

We Offer:
* Base salary 1500 GBP plus 8% commissions.
* Ability to work from home
* Flexible work schedule
* More!

Completing tasks in timely manner is of the most importance to us and our clients. Salary depends on your efficiency! The basic salary for this position starts at 1500.00 pounds per month plus an 8% commission for every task that you complete. Working with a number of permanent customers your total income can be up to 2,500 GBP/month. After the trial period your monthly wage will be 1,800 GBP plus 8% commission.

We believe that money saved due to outsourcing can be effectively and successfully utilized to focus more on strategic and core businesses functions.

To apply for the Financial Support Agent position, please respond to [email protected].

Our HR Recruiter will contact you within 48 hours. We would like to thank you beforehand and we're looking forward to a long-term cooperation.

Sincerely,
Emma Wilkinson
HR department
#188123 by Michael Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:34 pm
Hi joannes, welcome to scamwarners.

This is indeed a job scam, thank you very much for posting the details on this scam. Could you please tell us whether there was a website attached? If so, that one is most likely also a fake and needs to be shut down.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored