If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!

#3578 by Crispy Duck Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:40 pm
@ everybody :D

I have just phoned the lady who is totally aware of what was happening & is safe :)

Thanks to all.
Advertisement

#3579 by Beyonce Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm
Aww thats a shame, I was hoping there'd be some kinda execution :D... he is still on the website where 'maga' spoke to him, but has been reported now so hopefully he'll be booted!

She likes DonnyO... she is most definitely a maga!

Thanks Crispy Duck, she was really worried but I'm glad you've eased her mind :D... I'll make sure she's shrugs off the maga name lol.
#3580 by donny0 Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Yes Beyonce - behave yourself !!

Though I was more offended by the 'middle-aged' bit above :lol:
#3581 by donny0 Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:50 pm
Thanks for your call Crispy Duck. It is good to know that there are people out there who care what happens to the likes of me.

Maybe next time (hopefully there wont be one) - I wont be quite so taken in by all the nice words - how silly do I feel! :oops:

#3583 by Crispy Duck Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 pm
Don't feel emabarassed, DonnyO - they are professional liars.
Good to know you are now safe & please call on us if there is anything in future you are unsure about.

If there's an execution, we'll give you front row seats. :D :D
#3584 by ChrisSmith Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 pm
donny0 wrote:how silly do I feel! :oops:

Don't. You've nothing to feel silly about.
If scammers weren't good at what they do and if their scams didn't make them money, they wouldn't be doing it, would they?

Just look at it as a near miss and an opportunity to go out there and educate yourself (and others if possible) so that it never happens again. :wink:

#3587 by Bubbles Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:27 pm
This is great to read! This is why we are here. Let your friends know (even the middle aged ones :wink: ) so that they are aware of scams and scammers and don't become anyone's maga.

Good on you and your friend for checking! :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#3589 by Shakin Stevens Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 am
DonnyO

Do you have Webb Wilfred's email address? I would like to speak to him.

#3590 by Ralph Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 am
Nice work Shakin,

I am sure you will be able to look after him :wink:

Donny and Beyonce, thanks for coming by, it makes what we do seem worthwhile when we see another Happy warnee
#3591 by donny0 Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 am
Shakin

I have sent you a PM