If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#194158 by wheels Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 am
Just been taken for a ride to the tune of £100 and my partner to the tune of £150 by someone calling themselves SAMANTHA HAYWOOD. Set herself up as an allegedly highly experienced casting professional with many years of experience. A google search shows nothing and the website address she has given paypal doesn't work. She set up another site called SAMSPEOPLE and there was an address on it but this has quickly vanished. Naturally paypal refuse to give a refund!

Said she had some Directors offering to give me parts on television dramas but didn't even know my postal address or measurements, just had a picture from me. Off course this would require paying her more money! Here's the best bit, you'll love this. I'm deaf/mute and a wheelchair user. She doesn't know this as she has never sent any registration forms or any of the standard things that casting people or real agencies send. So what sane Director is going to offer me a part without even knowing that! LMAO
Advertisement

#194162 by TerranceBoyce Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 am
Welcome to Scamwarners wheels.

There is actually a website of that name with a facebook page too.

I won't post details here as I don't know the circumstances behind your problem with this 'company' but I'll do a little more research.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#194163 by wheels Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:28 am
Hi,

Thanks for that. I'm aware of that, I saw it lol. Hardly any activity since it was set up and none for a year. Won't reply to people asking why they haven't heard from her lol. Genuine casting FB pages are literally crawling with life and posts.

Saw her new site and did a whois check. No administrator details or contact information. Exceptionally odd that a supposedly London based, highly experienced 'casting professional' should wish to remain so low key and shy and use a shell company. Very odd that no photo's or bio can be found of her or for her either. Probably doesn't want any of her victims tracking her down or getting hold of her.

I received an email from one casting website saying she had been banned due to the number of complaints they have received!
#196423 by RichardPMK Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Hi, just noticed this and I do find it amusing. I was taken in and fooled by this monster for 6 months. The option of cheap lessons was good, the lure of jobs was even better, I quickly became one of her "top people" and even helped in getting the samspeople.co.uk website up and running. I saw many actors come and go, some getting work elsewhere but most pinning hopes and dreams on this nut job (me included). I wasted so much time, energy and money in this endeavour only to have her turn on me when I couldn't come for a while due to financial constraints. Watching how she turned on "top people" was revealing and I always wanted her caught and shamed but sadly there is little to be done legally I found out. I managed to get my debit card removed from the website so if it came up for renewal I would not be footing the bill. Your story just punctuates what kind of a crazy person she really is.
#197243 by Tinny Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:48 am
This sounds awful and I am horrified that there is no justice for victims of scams unless government can build a big case to show off.
It is still worth reporting it to anyone you can - Action fraud, police, crimestoppers etc.. even if there is little to be done. I am currently researching scams and the appalling justice system has made me more determined to see if there could at least be more support for the victims, such as better advice (not just don't do this, don't click that - as we have to do stuff online and click things).

The research has shown that people of small scams such as these feel the most ashamed to talk about it as they feel foolish about (I have certainly found this as I am currently hoping to talk to victims to gather information) it but it is important to note how many victims there truly are out there for government to start doing something about perhaps even just changing the law so that scams come under criminal rather than civil law.
#259129 by bcamuti Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:18 am
Feel for you guys, I was fooled by this women for over a year, until I realized what was going on. She must have made thousands off people over the years. This was back in 2010 and I had just started trying to get into the business. When I saw this thread I felt compelled to add my story as it stirred an anger and resentment that I have been carrying around for a while about this situation, To be honest I felt like a fool, I spent hundreds on lessons and travelling, bare in mind I live in Southampton and would travel to London just for private lessons. I soon also became one of her so called "TOP PEOPLE" and was promised a slot in her up and coming personal management company. "Contracts were on their way" apparently. Six months later they were still on their way and then a year had passed before she said there was now a fee that needed to be paid for membership. I should have realized earlier, people did try to tell me, but I was adamant she was legit. She was the most disorganized casting director I have ever met. I doubt she even had any real connections or influence in the business. I was supposed to be a regular but yet she must have asked for my phone number 50 times. Sometimes she would say she was busy casting for a soap of drama, but when quizzed on which one, she would not answer or change the subject. No matter which way you present it, it seems like a clear case of fraud. Is there noting we can do legally?