If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#200867 by angelgirl1096 Fri May 09, 2014 6:38 pm
I have been having on online romance with this guy for almost a year. He told me he is former army. He is a Mineralologist working in Tripoli as an independent contractor. He recently told me was robbed while there and he has no money to come home. And wants me to send him money but needs me to send it to Nigeria. i got a suspicious and had tried to look him up and have found no information on him. We did almost all of our talking thru yahoo messenger his Id id sgtmichrich email sgtmichrich @ yahoo.com. I do have pictures of him but not sure how to post to find out if they are real. Told me his name is Michael Richard from Manahawkin NJ.
Advertisement

#200868 by Bryon Williams Fri May 09, 2014 6:55 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners angelgirl1096,

Yes, you are in contact with a scammer from Nigeria. Every thing he has said to you is a lie. The only truth is yes he wants the money sent to Nigeria because that is where he is. He has been there his whole life and will never leave. His occupation is to scam.

He has the typical scammer profession. The typical I've been robbed and no one can help me but you. I am willing to say he has told you that he had a wife but she died in a motor vehicle accident or cancer. His parents are also dead. If he has children it will be one child. He tells you these things because he wants you to believe he has no one to turn to. If he was robbed he could go to the Embassy for assistance or ask his local friends or colleagues.

Romance scammers often will keep a victim on the hook for months and years before asking for money. Most of his message to you were stolen off the internet. If he wrote to you in his own words you will see the grammar mistakes.

Please stop all contact with him. Do not confront him with his lies. He will only continue to lie. He is a criminal and lies for a living. He only cares about your money.

You can find information on how to post pictures here. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 Please also post a couple of his emails to you. Please remove your personal information.

If you would like you can forward the information to me.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#201011 by Bryon Williams Sat May 10, 2014 2:57 pm
He can not be in Tripoli when he is reading and writing emails from Lagos, Nigeria.

[email protected] <[email protected]>;
Lagos, Nigeria

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/