If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
Advertisement

#237983 by Missm Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Yes capital cash lend is a scam and is also the same people as www.sterlingfinanceservice.com is a scam! I applied for a loan online at www.capitalcashlend.com, I received an email the next day telling me I was approved for a loan and to give them a call on February 6, 2015 at 1-888-885-1151 ext.217 and speak with Allen jones, or Allan jones regarding the terms. From the email I received, it was sent from [email protected], I checked it out, checked out the name of the company on bbb.org by typing in bbb.org sterling finance company- it had a a+ rating by the looks of it. And the website looked credible, so was the name. And he did send me a written contract of the terms. I took the collateral loan paying the first 5 months in advance. On a $10k loan on a 5 year term with 7% interest. I sent Allan Jones the required documents including an email money transfer of $992. I called him the next morning of February 13, 2015 because the funds were still not in my account and they accepted the loan on February 12, he said they are working on my funds and that it would be in my account in a couple of hours. Nothing in my account. And when I called him and left him messages on his voicemail and customer service no answer. They stopped replying to me. No sign of $10k in my bank. its obvious this was a scam now. If only i checked my web search history and saw it was capital cash lend that I originated my application, I would have searched it and found this. But they use the name Sterling Finance Service which says they are based in Vancouver ,BC which is not true, I had a friend check the address on 1117 Hastings steet west. which is a building with no Sterling Finance Service there. These people that I spoke to said they were in Ontario because Allan told me they were two hours ahead. Hope someone catches them soon.
#238011 by HillBilly Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 pm
Missm, thanks for posting this. Sorry you were scammed by these criminals.

Can you post the complete header information from the emails you received ( remove your personal info before posting). If you don't know how to retrieve complete headers, see the link at the bottom of my post.

advanced fees on loans are illegal in just about every developed country on earth. So if they ever ask for a fee up front, you will immediately know it is a scam. Any real lender will add all fees onto the amount borrowed so that they also earn interest from that amount. It is the standard operating procedure.

See these topics in the "loan scam" forum for more information :

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3161

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2034

#238543 by CathyC Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 pm
They are contacting people mostly by phone therefore there is no email header to post. I originated this thread and if I had some concrete evidence I would have posted it, I want these assholes behind bars! I can't believe they are still going strong. I would love to meet this SOB face to face! :bondage:
#238546 by HillBilly Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:15 pm
CathyC,

If you are in the USA, have you reported the fraud to the IC3 and FTC?
IC3 : https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
FTC : http://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protect ... plaint-ftc

Reporting it will at least get a paper trail started on these criminals, if there is not one now. If there is one now, the more paper the agencies get, the more likely they can prosecute them.

I just went back and read the original posts and found this as well :
Bryon Williams wrote:The person that picked up the money is in Canada correct?

You can report it here. https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantif ... /home.html

Did you ever report it to the RCMP / antifraudcenter as well?

Edit to add this: If you don't live in the USA or Canada, try this site : http://econsumer.gov/ There are 30 or so different countries pledging to fight international crime on that web site.

#238569 by CathyC Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:55 pm
Yes, I did report it to the RCMP and I also reported to Government of Canada, but if they keep changing their name that's going to hamper their efforts. Haven't heard anything back from them either, but I didn't really expect to. It just annoys me to no end knowing these scumbags and still ripping people off.
#320110 by sangeetac Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:05 pm
This sounds like the company that tried to scam me yesterday. They now go by CSh Loan Capital, and give their address in D.C. I've been shopping around for a loan online. These guys must've got hold of one of my applications floating out there, and have been trying to reach me fror the past few days. I finally took their call yesterday, and they offered me an unsecured loan of $5,000.00 but required me to go to a Walmart and pay a deposit of $350.00 in insurance. The insurance was supposedly coming from AIG.
They purportedly wanted me to call them when I reached Walmart so they could "guide" me through this "deposit" process. The guy I was speaking to, Eddie Young, was trying to act over-smart, so I really grilled him over the details of the entire process. The cheats sounded like people you'd talk to at a call center in India. They go to accent schools there to learn the American accent in order to work at call centers. The guy scoffed at me when I asked if they were in India. I've dealt with many a call centers so I know when my call has been routed overseas.
This duffer was being rather vague about how I would redeem that deposit - would I be getting a card with money on it or a check; when I would be able to deposit that money, etc. So now it was the turn of a "Senior Verification Officer" - Thomas Phillips, to step in. He assured me that I could request that the $350.00 be deposited into my account with my loan, which supposedly would become available within minutes after getting this voucher. Then why make me pay it in the first place? My instincts were signaling me this was a scam, and I listened.
Here's the contact information they gave me:
Cash Loan Capital, 409 Third Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20416. Phone: 212.930.2108. I found that there is a FedEx, SBA, FDIC, around that area when I checked online later. The "Cash Loan Capital" business shows up located in SoCal; but there's no phone number listed for them. Funny thing is this guy went to quite an extent of schooling me on DFI, the federal agency that apparently regulates their business, but the address he gave me, happened to house the FDIC, not Cash Loan Capital, aka Cheats&Frauds!