If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#212178 by hpayne10 Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 am
Hello,

I was lonely and went(foolishly) to Match.com to meet someone. I met someone and they wanted us to correspond via our private emails. So they gave me their email [email protected] - and we began a cyber relationship. This person said they were in Denison, Texas. We corresponded approximately 4 months.

After about a month, they said they were in North Carolina and they needed money to pay for some unforseen medical bills. They asked me if I could send money to them. Over the next three months, I sent $150.00, $200.00, $250.00, and $100.00 to Dan F Jones in North Carolina via Western Union. If your site allows, I have jpeg copies of the western Union receipts, and pictures this person claimed were of them.

Toward the end of our correspondence, they wanted me to send $1600.00 so they can get their "Goods" from Kuala Lumpur released from customs. They said the "Goods" were worth $80,000.00 and that they could make $20,000.00 from the sale of the"Goods". Of course, the $20,000.00 would be for us to "...start a new life together"...

I also have a jpeg copy of the "Customs" notice complete with different font types and sizes and obviously poor use of white-out to change words and amounts. Finally, I mentioned it to my room-mate who researched it and found out that some of the emails were from Lagos, Nigeria, and others were from blacklisted sites. This person is using the phone # 214-506-7504, which is from Seagoville, TX.

Perhaps this person was also sending the 419 scam email as "Linda Andrew" http://www.419scam.org/emails/2006-06/17/568448.113.htm

Thank You
Herman
Advertisement