If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#3791 by Jaibean Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:25 am
I was scammed, from a dating service. I fell for it line, hook and sinker, and the thing about it I knew better. He, gave all the clues I was aware of and he still got me. I lost a lot of moey . the scam was he was from Wisconcin a timber consulatant, he even had pictures of his daughter. Then he went to Nigeria on business, needed money to clear his goods, because customs, kept coming up with form after for, which required more money. There were so many issues. I kept sending money, until he got arrested, and needed more money Then the light went on, by this time it's too late. at this point I just want him to pay. Nothing will probably happen to him, but if I can prevent someone else fro getting scammed by him, then thats something.
He is in Nigeria,
Race: White, He said he's from Brazil, does speak with an accent, that maybe true, but he is not Nigerian.
Name is either Ronland Kelvin or reverse. or Matthew Wayne
Originated in Lagos, Nigeria, 234-803- 520-8396 234-803-040-2682, 234-807-264-4477
email [email protected]
daughter's name is Pamelor 16, mixed race, black and white
I just wish i could get some of my money back

peace
Advertisement

#3792 by Crispy Duck Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:09 pm
Welcome to scamwarners, Jaibean & for sharing your sad tale.

Unfortunately, your money has gone & is irrecoverable. By posting as much information as you have on this person - maybe one of his emails complete with the headers (removing your details from it) - could help others from being scammed by him.

Anyone doing a search for his name, address or even part of his script will be directed here. So your posting may well prevent another innocent person from falling prey to this criminal.

#3793 by ChrisSmith Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 pm
Hi Jaibean.

Sorry you got scammed but the probability that the scammer is Nigerian is very, very likely. Quite often they pretend to be foriegners visiting Africa for business reasons as this would allay any suspicions if you ever check his IP. He's also used the typical Nigerian way of calling himself by two first names rather than a first name and a surname (African scammers don't seem to be able to understand the concept). A quick Google of roland_kelvin shows an earlier loan scam using a Pakistan email also coming from Africa.

The daughter will also be a lie. There almost certainly isn't one.

#3796 by Dan Jones Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:49 pm
Hi Jaibean. Please try not to be too hard on yourself, these people are professional liars. In my opinion, romance scammers are the worst type of scammer.

It is best to assume everything he told you was a lie. The daughter, job, arrest, and even name will all be faked.

Unfortunatly the money is gone and only 1 in 1 million people will every get anything back. Be very vigilant for money recovery scams. They are sent by the same scammer, usually saying they are the FBI or some other government body from Nigeria or the US. Basically, they will get your money back for a small price. Then the price gets bigger and bigger and you lose more and more.

Actually, it would be best if you read up on all the kinds of scams as your email is quite likely to receive them now that you are known as a victim.

Once again, i'm sorry that you got caught out, i really hope you can move past it. Write it off as a life experience, one that will never happen again.

Newdonym

#4057 by 419warner Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:44 pm
Hi Jaibean

Please accept my condolences for the heartache and obvious distress that this low life has caused you.

Everything has been said above that explains what you should watch out now and what probably happened, but please don't be too hard on yourself. It is an experience that will no doubt make you a stronger person.

Please post the email with headers (your details removed) to help other victims find this thread.

419warner

Scamwarners radio show Every Sunday at 6pm UK time 1pm EST USA. Join us to learn more about the latest scams around at www.blogtalkradio.com/ibc

#4074 by Ted Baker Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:39 pm
Hi Jaibean,

Sorry to hear you fell for his lies.

Do not consider yourself to be stupid, some of these guys can be very persuasive.

as said above, you have to chalk this up to experience, but on the plus side, you are now wiser, and you know what to look out for in the future. And you know that you are not alone.

Just remember, that if you have any questions or want any advice, just ask. there will always be someone here who can help in that way.