If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#214796 by linbow Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:41 pm
I too have been communicating with a man who claims to be Raymond Paul Brinton now 49 from Dallas Texas who claims to be stationed in South Sudan. He has a daughter Alina who is in the fourth grade. Widowed and his mother cares for her while gone. I fell for his sad tale of woe that he missed his daughter but had lost his phone and needed to purchase one from a friend where he was stationed.

Then he needed money for minutes on phone in which he sent me a list of costs that were outrageous! He asked for a liberty leave and he sent me a letter from a General stating his leave had been granted but would need 2500 to take plane out of Sudan to the states. He has sent me numerous pictures in and out of uniform. Although my mind sent off warning bells my heart kept saying something else and I convinced my self he was real. We have talked now for about a year. Met him on a dating site. I fell for this man knowing good well that it is impossible to truly love someone you had never met.

But I held on to his promises to meet. When he asked for my personal banking information I outed him and he became saddened at first that I could do this to him.

Then later he sent me a text enraged calling me stupid woman and asshole and that he had gotten home without my help. But now is back as his leave was only for 90 days.

I think it is disgraceful to use military personnel identification as they are our heroes to our country. And I trusted him since he said he was military as they stand for honor. I feel embarrassed that I actually gave this man money and gave him my heart. I have since come into contact with many other scammers and can spot them much easier.

I even had one threaten to shoot me down if I did not6 cooperate and send him 2500 dollars. I am a well educated woman that should know better but I also am sensitive caring and kind individual with not much street smarts. His email address is [email protected]
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Spacing added for readability.
Advertisement

#214800 by HillBilly Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:01 pm
Please post some of his emails to you, removing your personal information first. Typically these are scripted templates they use, and your posting them could help stop other potential victims from becoming victims.

If you can post the complete headers of the emails ( again, removing your info first), that would also be helpful.

#214806 by Bubbles Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:31 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners linbow, I am sorry that you were hurt by this scammer. To me romance scammers are very cruel as they take not only money, they take your emotions. It is disgusting that scammers pretend to be part of the military.

I am glad you found us and were able to confirm what your instincts told you. Sadly, scammers are real good at what they do. They practice it every day. Thank you for posting your story. Please read around our site and learn what scammers do. We are also available to help you if you have questions.

As Hillbilly requested, please post up the headers from an email he has sent you.
Last edited by Bubbles on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: More support.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#214814 by Bryon Williams Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:27 am
This thread http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&p=191802 has information on a scammer using the name Raymond Paul Brinton.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/