If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
Advertisement

#305202 by gospeed81 Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:49 pm
Same exact thing just happened to my wife. THANK YOU for posting this and saving us a headache.

Prompted us to make her number not visible, which we hope won't cut down on work offers.

Chicago area code number, texted her directly instead of using care.com messaging. Asked that he be contacted via email for $420/wk position.

Peter Owen
(312)912-9094
[email protected]

312 912 9094
312 912-9094
#306278 by bynmydolos Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 pm
Personal Assistant- Brian Bishop
Brian Center Plc
I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well and with good understanding. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them,my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.As my Personal Assistant,your activities among-st other things will include; *Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
Scheduling programmed, flights and keeping me up to date with them.Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.. Basic wage is $450 Weekly I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point,as I am presently in Australia, I will be back in Three Weeks. I think you will be the right person for this position, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly,this job may even give you some extras while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head START with things as soon as possible.I do have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we
should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.. I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails,but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that.
I am glad if you will be able to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working.If you're interested kindly get back to me with the following information:-
Full Name :

Name

Address

State

City

zipcode

Phone number

Email

About | Sitemap
JimdoYou can do it, too! Sign up for free now at http://www.jimdo.com
#306315 by lexykayy Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:55 am
Mod Note: This post was made the scammer himself or a confused victim. My bet is that it is from the scammer since his grammar is poor.

Guys... I got hired and I just got my first payment along with other money.... are we sure it's a scam?
#306316 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:01 am
^^^ You are one of two.

Either the scammer himself posting fake testimonials

OR

A victim receiving stolen money from other victims. In this case this makes you an accomplice. You will be the only one your police will find.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#306317 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:13 am
Suspected Spam
Flagged
(312) 912-9094 312-912-9094
Ymax Communications VoIP
Chicago, I

They text from this number that they saw your profile on Care.Com, and offer you a position for a nanny. They will forward first week pay, you need to deposit and forward the rest of the money to XXX (whoever they say it is, in actuality you are sending it to their bank acct). They are trying to get you to deposit check they send into your account, then you write a check out of your account for wherever they say it is supposed to go, all before the check clears because it is fraudulent.
9/14/2016

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#306321 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:43 am
I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails

Basically, the scammer is saying I do scam all day online. Email me only because I do not want you to hear my non American accent.

#306326 by AlanJones Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:15 am
lexykayy wrote:I got hired and I just got my first payment along with other money.... are we sure it's a scam?

If you're for real then I'm guessing that you may have received a check in the mail and will be asked to forward the "other money" to a supplier by Western Union/Moneygram. The check is fake, but it may take your bank some time to discover that - when they do, they'll reverse the credit to your account, and charge you fees for passing fake checks. You'll be down the money that you sent to the scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#306335 by lexykayy Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:20 am
It wasn't a moneygram though, it was a check and the person you know in the corner of whose account is an investment company. So like... thats why im confused. I havent spent any of it and its still clearing in my bank.
#306337 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:29 am
Maybe sentence structure. West African scammers have poor sentence structure and proper western world grammar. Yours showed signs of this.

This is why we gave you the benefit of the doubt. We do have scammers and/or accomplices show up here to proclaim their innocents.

We have to provide information to readers that it is a scam no matter what positive information is posted.

Now, if you received any checks or bank transfers you need to contact your banks fraud dept. Inform them that you are a victim of an online job scam. Show them the emails records. Do not deposit any more checks. Just give them to your bank or refuse delivery.

#306341 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:34 am
It wasn't a moneygram though,

Scammers do not send money via Moneygram, Western Union or Pre- paid cards. He knows that he can not recover these monies.

He will do a bank transfer or Paypal these will be flashed payments. Checks will be fraudulent and you will have to repay the money. Possibly have your account closed, reported to other banks and worse reported to LE for bank fraud.