If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#307671 by Yo75fro Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:28 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:
(347) 537-2196
3475372196 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in NY
sjp0889 wrote:This person sent me an email after i posted my resume on craigslist looking for a job.

Hello,my name is Mr Robert Williams and currently in canada on business a trip.I am urgently in need of a personal assistant/special needs in your area to take charge of my Private mail pick ups and drop off as well as running errand,return phone calls and earn $500.00 per week.I saw your Ad post on Craigslist and i think you would be fit for this.If interested,send me your resume and references for more details.Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

i emailed him back, even though it seemed sketchy. this was his response
Hello there,
I received your email with interest in the position regarding to my email i sent.I usually would not hire anyone this way but I urgently need the services of a Personal Assistant/special need due to my very busy schedules and to take of business and running errand since i am not around and always busy due to my work.

My name is Mr Robert Williams presently in Canada on a business trip and convention, am an Interior Designers, Decorators & Art collector with a large client base and because of my job I'm constantly out of the State. My former Personal Assistant just got married and moved to mexico permanently. If you accept my offer, I will need you to take charge of my mail pick ups and drop off's as well as errand running for me. The job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are as long as there is a post office in the area. What i really need most in this offer is your total Honesty and Trust.I will pay for the first week in advance to run any errands,and will also have my mails/packages forwarded to a nearby post office where you can pick them from at your convenience.

All errands will be in your city so it is not a must you have a car, but if you do it might be a plus. When you get my mails/packages, you will be required to mail them to where I want them mailed too. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are to work for just 3 days per week (4 hours daily). You will be doing this for 3 weeks until I get back to town so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance.

I am willing to pay $500.00 weekly including gas and others expenses. That is not a bad offer is it? If you accept this offer please reply with the following details:

Your Full Name:
Home Address(where payment should be mailed to.(Pls no P.O Box) :
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Current Occupation:
Available hours :

I will be needing your service immediately, so once the information above is received, I have a financial in the state which will handle your payment.I will request your first week payment be mailed to you along with the pay to run errands for me for the first week. Most importantly, what i really need from you is your total honesty, organizational skill and ability to carry out the task with less or no supervision on time. I want to believe you will be committed to assist me.
Kindly get back immediately, if you are willing to help and accept this offer,have a nice day ahead.

Regards,
Mr Robert Williams

After a series of emails he got that info and said he would let me know when he would send the funds. A little later on I do some google searching and came to a forum on this website!!
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=231448
I emailed him that link and of course no response. I did give him my name and address etc but hopefully he can't still scam me right??

Anyway the scammers email was [email protected]
Hope posting this for the scam warning community was somewhat helpful

I was contacted view text from my profile on care.com Hello there,

I received your email with interest in the position regarding to my text i sent.I usually would not hire anyone this way but I urgently need the services of a Personal Assistant/special need due to my very busy schedules and to take of business and running errand since i am not around and always busy due to my work.

My name is Mr Peter Owen presently in Canada on a business trip and convention, am an Interior Designers, Decorators & Art collector with a large client base and because of my job I'm constantly out of the State. My former Personal Assistant just got married and moved to Mexico permanently. If you accept my offer, I will need you to take charge of my mail pick ups and drop off's as well as errand running for me. The job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are as long as there is a post office in the area. What i really need most in this offer is your total Honesty and Trust.I will pay for the first week in advance to run any errands,and will also have my mails/packages forwarded to a nearby post office where you can pick them from at your convenience.

All errands will be in your city so it is not a must you have a car, but if you do it might be a plus. When you get my mails/packages, you will be required to mail them to where I want them mailed too. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are to work for just 3 days per week (4 hours daily). You will be doing this for 3 weeks until I get back to town so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance.

I am willing to pay $420.00 weekly including gas and others expenses. That is not a bad offer is it? If you accept this offer please reply with the following details:

Your Full Name:

Home Address(where payment should be mailed to
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Current Occupation:
Available hours :

I will be needing your service immediately, so once the information above is received, I have a financial in the state which will handle your payment.I will request your first week payment be mailed to you along with the pay to run errands for me for the first week. Most importantly, what i really need from you is your total honesty, organizational skill and ability to carry out the task with less or no supervision on time. I want to believe you will be committed to assist me.

Kindly get back immediately, if you are willing to help and accept this offer,have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Mr Peter Owen
Advertisement

#316929 by MannyL Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:23 pm
Hello,
I received the same personal assistant job but the guy had texted me and wanted me to reply.
I stupidly replied with my first name , last name, and address . And he sent me an email saying I got the job after a background check.
I then found that shady and checked this site and realized I was scammed . I haven't reached back out to him but I'm concerned with giving my address and name, I'm not sure if he has enough info.
Can someone confirm , that has given the address and name , if anything was taken or researched?
#316931 by Mike Wilson Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:54 pm
Hello MannyL,
The scammer can't do much with just you name and address. You may receive a fake or forged check which you should refuse delivery if possible. Do not cash or deposit the check in you bank.
Please post the telephone number the scammer used to send you the message(s). If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#317075 by MannyL Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:49 am
Hello,
After I realized this was a scam, I never communicated further with the guy or even called him out.
He texted me this morning saying,
"Hey good morning, and how are you today?"

Should I reply, block him, or do even anything?
Any typical way to deal with this?
#317266 by MannyL Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:11 pm
This same scammer is getting annoying. I understand I'm supposed to ignore him, but now he has sent me an email saying this:

Hello how are you today?This is to inform you that your first task will commence any moment from tomorrow ,in which i will keep you posted with an instructions as soon as i have update from my supplier ...please i will like you to get ready and check your email first thing in the morning ...

Regards

Can I just respond to him and tell him I accepted another offer or i'm not interested.....or is there an alternative solution?
#317268 by AlanJones Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:27 pm
Block him and delete all mails unopened - if you reply to him, even to tell him you are no longer interested then he'll see you as a potential victim and keep on contacting you.

Most email providers now allow you to filter mails, so just filter all of them from him straight to trash and you won't see them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#331833 by Whooty333 Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:55 am
I had placed an ad on Craigslist trying to sell my roll top desk and yesterday I got a text from the same phone number that y'all have posted on here: 312 - 912 - 9094 saying it was from someone named Jane and that she wanted me to shoot an email to Peter at [email protected] which is also an email address that y'all have listed on here. I told her that I believed she was a scammer. Well, they texted me back this morning and got really ugly and called me an effing bitch and told me that God was going to punish me because they are not scammers LOL Anyway these people are so obviously scammers and I hope they get caught but if they don't I hope at least people will check them out before dealing with them and see this information about them online and not get sucked in by them. Because like I told these people, I am legally disabled and I still work a full-time job, trying to support myself and that if I can work anyone can and that I have no respect for people that try to take advantage of others. Thank you to everyone who reports people like these!