If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#234436 by sjp0889 Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:11 am
This person sent me an email after i posted my resume on craigslist looking for a job.

Hello,my name is Mr Robert Williams and currently in canada on business a trip.I am urgently in need of a personal assistant/special needs in your area to take charge of my Private mail pick ups and drop off as well as running errand,return phone calls and earn $500.00 per week.I saw your Ad post on Craigslist and i think you would be fit for this.If interested,send me your resume and references for more details.Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

i emailed him back, even though it seemed sketchy. this was his response
Hello there,
I received your email with interest in the position regarding to my email i sent.I usually would not hire anyone this way but I urgently need the services of a Personal Assistant/special need due to my very busy schedules and to take of business and running errand since i am not around and always busy due to my work.

My name is Mr Robert Williams presently in Canada on a business trip and convention, am an Interior Designers, Decorators & Art collector with a large client base and because of my job I'm constantly out of the State. My former Personal Assistant just got married and moved to mexico permanently. If you accept my offer, I will need you to take charge of my mail pick ups and drop off's as well as errand running for me. The job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are as long as there is a post office in the area. What i really need most in this offer is your total Honesty and Trust.I will pay for the first week in advance to run any errands,and will also have my mails/packages forwarded to a nearby post office where you can pick them from at your convenience.

All errands will be in your city so it is not a must you have a car, but if you do it might be a plus. When you get my mails/packages, you will be required to mail them to where I want them mailed too. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are to work for just 3 days per week (4 hours daily). You will be doing this for 3 weeks until I get back to town so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance.

I am willing to pay $500.00 weekly including gas and others expenses. That is not a bad offer is it? If you accept this offer please reply with the following details:

Your Full Name:
Home Address(where payment should be mailed to.(Pls no P.O Box) :
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Current Occupation:
Available hours :

I will be needing your service immediately, so once the information above is received, I have a financial in the state which will handle your payment.I will request your first week payment be mailed to you along with the pay to run errands for me for the first week. Most importantly, what i really need from you is your total honesty, organizational skill and ability to carry out the task with less or no supervision on time. I want to believe you will be committed to assist me.
Kindly get back immediately, if you are willing to help and accept this offer,have a nice day ahead.

Regards,
Mr Robert Williams

After a series of emails he got that info and said he would let me know when he would send the funds. A little later on I do some google searching and came to a forum on this website!!
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=231448
I emailed him that link and of course no response. I did give him my name and address etc but hopefully he can't still scam me right??

Anyway the scammers email was [email protected]
Hope posting this for the scam warning community was somewhat helpful
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement

#234440 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:21 am
A little later on I do some google searching and came to a forum on this website!!

I emailed him that link and of course no response. I did give him my name and address etc but hopefully he can't still scam me right??

Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update.

In the future do not direct scammers to Anti Fraud sites or tell them that they are posted on one. The reason is you found us by searching for the information.

Now the scammer will take 5 minutes out of his life to get a new email address, fake name and etc. Your warning and others will be useless. We will find the scammer again when a new potential victim post.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#234451 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 am
We all make mistakes.

If you get a new scam email please post it.

O'yea, we also do not kill/report email addresses to the provider.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#234511 by sjp0889 Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:06 am
Well the scam artist didn't quite get the message
Hello Me, Well i don't think i understand what you re talking about. I believe there are some scams running out there. How can everything seem so Straight about what i write.. as for me are you still willing to work with me or not? That is a one heart decision. I'm not a scam and a Devoted christian
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotation.
#234512 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:11 am
Yep, pulling the Christian card out and poor grammar.

It yells scammer.

Stop all contact with him. Do not answer any more of his emails. Make him wonder where he went wrong.

You may get future scam emails from different email addresses now. In the future set up an online email address and a different one for friends/family. Then another for personal things like banks, Paypal and etc.

#234569 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 pm
Scammers very often pretend to be religious. They claim to be a banker and a man of God at the same time, using the title "Reverend", all the while violating the commandment "Do not steal" and lots of others. Just ignore him.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#238738 by odieham Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:51 pm
I just got the same email from someone claiming to be jacqueline smith. I work on odesk And that's how they contacted me initially but then sent me a private email. Should I be concerned. I didn't give out information but told them I wouldn't give them any info unless they proved who they were and paid me through oDesk.
#278139 by Jreid Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:36 am
This email below is a reply to a Craigslist Ad that I answered last night and submitted my resume to. :( his email didn't match the name he provided and his grammatical errors made me in investigate further before I even thought of replying.. Haven't replied and don't plan on it except to tell him I'm not interested. Email he used is [email protected] !! I just didn't want someone falling for this scam so I'm sharing it with this forum. Thanks- JR

How was your night ? Thank you for your well detailed email . My name is Hugh Byrd and i am replying you in regards to the job offer , i have received lots of emails concerning the job , but i think after reading your resume and your write up , i will like to work with you .
According to my AD the job is flexible and very easy , all you need to do is Run a few errands for me , which includes receiving of mails and sending packages through postal services, personal and business errands .Manage Airbnb rentals, swift Correspondence with clients and renters through emails, fax and phone.Printing reports for review.Note taking , if you have any more questions feel free to ask , and please let me know when it will be convenient for me to give you a call.
I want to believe and hope I am dealing with an honest, responsible person because I usually would not hire anyone this way but I urgently need the services of a Personal Assistant due to my very busy schedules.
The job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are as long as there is a post office in the area. I will pay for the first week in advance to run any errands, and will also have my mails/packages forwarded to a nearby post office where you can pick them from at your convenience. All errands will be in your city/town.
When you get my mails/packages, you will be required to mail them to where I want them mailed too. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are to work for just 3 days per week . You will be doing this for 3 weeks until I get back to town so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance.
I am willing to pay you 400$ A week
I will appreciate it if you can start working with me as soon as possible , so i will also want you to let me know what your schedule is like , And hope to hear from you soonest .

Have a lovely weekend

Hugh Byrd
#284892 by Infiniti77 Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:19 am
I am curious to know what is actually entailed in the scam. What are they scamming? I've heard that have you deposit counterfeit checks, cash, money orders, etc. I've heard they ask for your banking info to direct deposit your wage compensation. Does anyone know what the scam actually is?
#284894 by AlanJones Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:45 am
The scammer wants you to launder money for him or possibly re-ship packages containing stolen goods (the emails posted cover both scams). In short, he wants to make you an accessory to his crimes, when the shit hits the fan and the scam is reported to the authorities, it is your name that will be given to them and you will be the only one facing investigation and possible jail time as he is using fake details and is overseas, out of local law enforcement's reach.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.