If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#234808 by Marcus Morrison Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:05 am
You can try and convince yourself that some online dating arrangement is the real thing, but eventually it should dawn on even the dimmest folk that you are being scammed.

I am copying and pasting some of the emails I have received recently from some calling themselves Lydia from Ghana. In addition to these, I have also been sent around 40 photos of an extremely attractive African woman. I will be happy to post these depending on responses to the following emails:

How are you doing ? I hope you are doing good and also thinking of how to meet me again, Well My name is Lydia Amoah I was born in Ghana west Africa I am looking for real man who is Loving and Caring and ready for a Committed Relationship. I need a man who is ready to love me 100% just as much as I am ready to give him my Love. I am from a good background, I am a very good Christian and I am born into a Christian Family, I am very Faithful and Honest and under no Circumstance will I be Unfaithful to my Partner or Anyone.

I am well brought up and I know what I am required of as a wife. In my culture, I am to love, care ,and respect my husband, I must make sure I do everything possible to make him happy as well as please him even if I have to leave my own way to do so. My roles as a wife are to be carried out by me accordingly; I must make sure I clean the house regularly and put all house accessories in order. I will cook for my husband, I will iron your clothes for you, I will be the one to always make you happy, I will be your companion through the smooth and rough times. I will share your quiet moments with you as well as satisfy your sensual desires and lots more. To add more, I am very faithful and honest. Always reliable and always with a friendly and lovely advice to share. I am very easy to get along with and can go out of my way, if need be, to put a smile on my partners face all the time. I will go to any length to please him as well. When it comes to love, I don't really think Age, Religion, Racism or Distance matters as long as the love is there and its for real, its like there is something special about you right from when I meet you.

One thing I understand about love is that, love is not judged to be right by how far or how long but how well and also how truly serious are the two people feeling for each other. I believe that the solid foundation to a long lasting relationship should be built on trust and the interest of mutual feelings in both partners will bring about understanding. I believe that God leads and directs our path. One thing I understand about something good is this, no good thing will come easy, if we are really and truly meant for each other, there must be challenges we have to face on our way to achieving our aim and we will surely overcome those challenges.

Actually I know that one day, the good Lord will answer my prayers and bless me with a good , caring , loving and romantic man to be my partner, but I never knew it could be this real, I thank the good Lord for bringing you my way. There are two important things to make one's life worth living. One is to have a true friend who will be there for you always to share your friendly advice and the second is to have a lover to share your love and affection with you and make you feel loved. Anyone of these is good as many people in the world today may have one of it and will remain happy, but I am happy and Hope with you, I've found Both.

I cant imagine any better thing than being with you at the moment and look into your eyes and watch the sun start to rise from there. I wish you could hold me and cuddle me in your arms right now. One thing about you men is, many of you pretend to be who you are not, just to get a lady up to you wherever you are and use her up to satisfy your sexual needs and later drop her. I hope you are different but how can I be sure that I will be safe while with you and will not be maltreated as just a sex slave. How can I trust you on this?

I hope you are for real and that this is not all about internet fantasy just to wipe your time or to satisfy a horny mood because I am for real and seriously looking for a lifetime soul mate. And as I am new to this internet relationship, I would not like to fall a victim.

As future husband and wife, I believe there should be a kind of physical intimacy between us cause I don't really believe much in this online thing as I am new to it unlike being together and really see how we feel about each other. So I will like us to make an arrangement to meet physically so as to make this relationship real and everlasting, what do you think?

I want you to realize one fact that in no occasion will I lie about my personality, what would I gain in such? I wish I could open my heart for you to see so that you can be sure I am for real. I don't know what else to say than to tell you that I will always be myself, honest, faithful, caring, loving and affectionate, I do hope you would believe me, lets give love a chance to win and I pray that we will never regret we do so.

I know its hard to trust someone from afar especially living in Another Country is definitely crazy but please give me one chance to show that I am a faithful and honest Lady and I am sure of is that you will live to always thank God that you meet a faithful Lady for the rest of your life.

One thing I understand about nature is that life it self is a risk, we don't have power over tomorrow, we can only try to make tomorrow a better day by trying our best and leaving the rest. I am ready to risk anything, even my very self, to secure my happiness. There are stages in ones life when one needs to take chances to make sure things are right. I believe a try will convince you.

Please don't leave me all to myself cause around you I have built my world and whatever you do to hurt me baby, it will definitely drive me crazy, please give me one chance to show and you will never regret. Hope you tell me more about yourself and also send me some pictures of you as well. I shall send you more of my pictures as time goes on Dear.

how are you doing? Hope fine. I always think about you every single day but i sometimes think twice cos for about a week and over when i reply you with my information you still not reply until now and what i was thinking is may be you are playing games on me.

well i think i have sent you some pics of myself Today...And i hope you got them my dear...It is really New to me...I mean i am new on the Internet...I am looking for someone who will be honest,Caring and Kind Heated to only one woman..And i am one woman Man. .That is Me and i know that you will understand...

When i sent you the Mail i took off my profile because i will like to have in touched with you...I don't like allot of Men to be sending me mails...I think i have been looking for someone all my Life...I have been Hurt before and i don't want to get myself into that anymore...

You know that it is good to be with someone you love more then someone you just be with...I know what Love is and i will like to be with someone who will understand me and love me,I will be so happy to get to know you better...Can you send me some pics of yourself...Do you have Kid's?How long have you been on the dating site ..I will be so happy to get to know you better and we will be knowing what will come Out of this.I will be so happy to see your mail and know that i am serious to meet someone who will love to be with only one woman...

I LOVE YOU You're always lighting up my heart with the things you do and say. I feel so happy just being with you this way. You're my baby, and will forever be my baby. You will always be the love of my life, and please never give up, always have faith in yourself and you will gain the

greatest gift of all, the gift of hope and love you righteously deserve. Every time I think of you my heart misses a beat. You're my theme for a dream! Every moment we share together we grow closer. I'm simply hanging by a moment, waiting to see you again so you can hold me so tight that all else fades, I thought after you left you would fade away from my mind, but still everyday I wake up dreaming of our time together. I will never forget you.

I hope you still think of me too. I love you with all that I am, all that I was and all that I will ever be. Please know that my love and I are inseparable and I would want it no other way and if time could express my love for you then it's forever and a day, I can't wait to be with you, see your smile, look in your eyes, feel your sweet touch, hear your perfect words and kiss your perfect lips

I hope i have answer all what you asked me,I think i will need to ask you some questions as well.

1:would Ur family mind u being with a black woman ??

2:What work do you do as well?

3:Do you have your own house or you rent?

4:What do you like in your woman?

5: what food u like to eat most ?

6:do you have kids and would u like kids ?

7:do u like swimming ?

8:give me your cell phone number

Well i think ask you this for now and i hope to hear from you again,have a good night and know that am waiting for your mail.Have a Nice Day there and God be with you in your Work side

Hello My Love
Thank you so much for the mail that you sent to me. I am always happy to have a mail from you.Happy you wrote to me. I am glad that you always think about me as I always do.I am sure you will never ever read this. However there is always the possibility. Or at least maybe I gonna get the chance to share my innermost feelings with the ones who are in love as much as. Sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and understanding never ceases to amaze me.Anytime I think about you my heart leaps in my chest and I had to catch my breath - the vision of you stole it from me. Hair lightly blowing in the breeze and the sun bouncing off your face making your eyes sparkle like stars in the midnight sky you captured my soul, my heart without speaking a word or even knowing. I felt love for the first time when I looked at you and love the content of all that you wrote about yourself and also the kind of woman you are willing to spend the rest of your life with someday.. My world became a beautiful place to live in. I often ask myself what in the world would I do without you? I hope to never find out the answer to that question. Everything about you is just so perfect. I know you are not without imperfections, but in my eyes, everything you do just seems so flawless. The way you express your Interest and talk about me is so awesome. I feel so loved. I need only to think of you to have all my troubles melt away. and also to have you in my arms someday soon. I guess when the right time comes we will have a great future together. I want to spend my whole life with you, loving you and receiving your love in return with trust. I long to hold you and feel you soon in my arms and I will never let you go. I am sending this email to you now and I hope to read from you soon. I will be happy If you can send me some photos. I miss you.this is my number 00233244583531

Note: I am willing to have you someday as my man but we Just met and we really need to get to know each other very well and see what happens.Though I am very much happy each and everyday when I read from you. I guess It will be very nice and appropriate If the lady in question travels to meet the right man and now that you are the kind of man I am looking forward to spend the rest of my life why cant we be patient and put things right so that we can have It perfectly? what do you think about that I am waiting for an answer from you.
Let me know If this photos brought smiles unto your face.

I was thinking you have not yet read my email because i can see it take you too long before you have send me back an email and after reading this email i know is email of love and trust yes i want to answer all that you have asked me
1 you want to know if i can cook well? and YES i an very good in cooking because i have lived with my mother for a very long time and you know what, she have worked as a cooker in ship and so she knows how to prepared every kind of foods every country and every little tribe even in my country here so that is what i am too i have take from her and i know i can even do more than her ........
2.... i have not got married because i don't really like the men in our country .............. why because (1) they are not reliable , they like cheating, they love outside woman more than their own women and that have no trust and no love they are players that is why me Lydia I will never give my self to none of them .......i have known more of them here that want me but all i know is that they are in my life just want to destroyed me what i am having to give to the man that will love me for the rest of his life and i am not ready to give to any of them that is why on of my best friend who is in Germany now told me to join this site Afro because she have meet him from there and they are living good now .one thing about me is that i hate smoke and hate drinking because of one good day when me and my friends went to a party i saw what smoke and drink have turn them to that is why i don't smoke nor ever taste drinks ...
you want to know if i have a child ? yes i have one girl that was when i was in high school that is why i am letting you to know that i don't have any love for any man here in my country he have me and damp me and if my mother was not alive by then i will have die
Yes dear i have ever travel to but is here in Africa and that is South Africa Johannesburg to one of my Aunty that was all and that was where i have stumped my passport for the first time
i can speak a good English yes i have read a lot of literature and many more that was when i was in the secondary school even i have one in my exams i am one of the best of my fellow students that our head teacher likes
Dear my lovely perfume that get me on is Chris Adams

am here for you if you really want to be there for me too

from me

Lydia

I want to say this and this is coming from the bottom of my heart i have a only a short words from my heart for you and that is i need a man that will never want to let me down in my life so if you know that you want to meet me and for real my dear then not in your country because i am not thinking that i will be save there maybe you have a woman that will not want to see you with any other woman and for me too i want to travel from this country Ghana so tell me i will be ever ready to move in with you and really good for me like you have ever told me then we can live together and for ever any way thank you for the complement?
hope to here from you soon
Lydia

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has received the same or similar "scripted" emails. I noted the tremendous difference in the style / quality of English between the emails which are certainly scripted and the ones which the scammer has had to write themselves (because I asked her a number of questions about herself).
Advertisement

#234826 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:37 am
Some people don't know English well enough to tell the difference between the scammer's own writing, which is of course West African, and the canned paragraphs. Some people overlook it because he claims to be a Ghanaian woman.

Please post the email addresses that the scammer(s) used.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#234850 by HillBilly Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 am
Marcus Morrison wrote:You can try and convince yourself that some online dating arrangement is the real thing, but eventually it should dawn on even the dimmest folk that you are being scammed.

Without being argumentative, you sure seem to be putting yourself on a pedestal being "Brighter" than us "Dim" folks who have been scammed.

If you really want to help, I'd suggest setting your ego aside and stop thinking those of us that have been scammed are "Dim". This is not the place to have different classes of people. Victims and prevention of victims are the only classes of people we think of around here.

#236728 by Grandma Grim Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:52 pm
Many scammers use those whose English is not their first language.
Many scammers just get lucky. Many many will read over the scam again and wonder why they didn't realise.

It's not 'dim'. It's extremely sad that there are those out there making a fortune because someone, for a variety of reasons at that time believes.

I am sure there are many decisions in your life you wish you hadn't made. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Just support those that have been scammed and try to help us ensure in the future people don't get scammed.

Insulting their intelligence is only going to turn good people away. We don't want to do that.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never tell a scammer he is posted here....
Never Ever send money to anyone via Western Union,Moneygram or Bank if you haven't met them.
If unsure, please ask... better ask and know than trust and be scammed....
#304332 by malu53 Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:44 am
stumbled upon this thread when looking for scammer scripts

with this phone number
a profile is registered on FB
Lydia Amoah
no location
friends are from Ghana
profile from July 28

Image Image