If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#235243 by wilkkaylala Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:24 am
I fell for it. [email protected] sent me a job offer, to do some housekeeping when she moves to my town on business for the Environmental Protection Agency. It seemed plausible beings I live around multiples of refineries. So I bought into it. WEEKS of corresponding happened. I was to help her with her belongings and moving in. She would send me my first WEEKS pay and the movers fee. Only then to back door that email, and tell me that the movers would not move her stuff until she paid $2450. Scammer requested I cash check, keep my portion and send rest to her as she had already spent all her money she had took with her across seas on her son who had stomach surgery. She had sent me a check for $3550 from New Mexico, where she resided at prior to and sent check prior to leaving to see her sick son. Unknowingly I tried to cash this check, believing it was real deal . It was a Chase bank account so I did right by taking it to a Chase bank. They called out the bank supervisors and they had to report to me, it was in fact bogus. Probably the MOST embarrassing thing in my life. :oops: On top of the mortification, I now may face criminal charges for trying to pass a fraudulent check. I did contact local police department to let them know what I did and that I had NO knowledge I was being scammed. I feel completely stupid and used.:bondage: It saddens me deeply that people do these things and take advantage of the kind and trusting. BTW She wanted me to send the money to her mother HALEY WILLIAMS Stupid me. Kickin myself for this one!
Advertisement

#235332 by HillBilly Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:39 am
Thanks for posting this, wilkkaylala

If the fake check was delivered through the United States Postal Service ( USPS) then you should also report it to the Postal Inspector's office. You can find your local one here :
https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm

Make copies of everything for yourself, and take the originals to the PI's office.

#235530 by wilkkaylala Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:16 pm
Sarah Donovan <[email protected]>
Jan 5

to me
Hello,
How are you? I hope all is going on fine over there. Thanks for responding back to me via indeed,i was able to see your e-mail when you replied...
I'm Sarah Donovan,my husband is late,he passed some few years ago, and I have a son and a daughter,my son is 10 years old of age,while my daughter is 8 years old of age,they are friendly kid,they both stays in India with my parent.... I came to United State 2 years ago,i came to work on contract basis with United States Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work,now am relocating to La Porte TX from Albuquerque, NM(US) because i was just transferred to La Porte TX from Albuquerque, NM(US) ..I just got a new apartment there,i heard that my son is sick in India,am planning on going to India to take care of my son and then bring them along back to United State,so i will be staying in my new apartment with my family(my son and my daughter)....Here is the apartment address below again:

3331 Luella Boulevard, La Porte TX 77571

,i hope its near to you...
So i need someone who could help me take care of house by doing some house cleaning and arranging work and . I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and hard working person,(Monday-Friday) no weekend for now,we can talk on that later,am paying $20/hr,and we need you to be working 6 hrs daily... We are going to arrive by the ending of this month,You will start working on same day we will be arriving.You will help us to arrange and clean the apartment in the morning of our arrival date,I can tell the estate agent to mail the keys to the apartment to you so that you can be able to clean it on the day before we arrive. I want to know if there's any equipment that you will need me to provide, if there's any let me know how much it will cost.
I know you will be committed to the work,you will also have a nice period of working with us,kindly reply me back if you are still interested and okay with the pay rate..
Hope to read from you
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 7

to me
Hello,
How are you? I hope all is going on fine over there,and thanks for getting back to me....Like i told you earlier,am planning on going to India very soon to take care of my son and then bring them back with me..I will let the house agent mail the key to my apartment to you,so its nice to meet you,and to have you for the job..About the work schedule,let me know when you'll be busy during the week days,so that i'll fix the work schedule the way it won't affect you.
So i like to secure your service before going,i will like to pay the first week payment before our arrival,i will like to send you the deposit in form of Money Order to you before i go to India,i hope you are okay with that....
I will need you to give me the following information below
Your full name(that will be on Money Order)
Full mailing address(including city,state and zip code)
Phone number
Do you accept our offer?
Welcome to our family
I hope to read from you
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 7

to me
Hello,
Thank you for the prompt response with the payment details,and sorry i didn't respond as quick as i was suppose,I will need a favor from you,due to the urgent calling that my son is very sick,and I told you i will be traveling to India to take care of my son,and then bring them along to United State.. I want to know if you can help me receive my car and my furniture before my arrival,as i will tell the house agent to mail the key to the apartment to you before the mover arrive. I won't cause any financial problem as i will be including the shipper's fee in the payment that I'll be sending. So you will be getting the shipper's fee and your first week pay together ,You will just deduct your own money and keep the remaining shipper's fee till they comes to deliver my stuffs .

We will really appreciate if you can do this for us and promise to compensate you adequately for your time and effort on our arrival..For your transportation,we would work out something worth while and make provision for transport allowance,which will be paid together with your wages, regardless of your distance.You are to evaluate your total cost of transportation from your destination to our new resident and provide me with the cost,that it could be brought together with your chosen remuneration from what we are offering
Let me know if you are ready to receive the payment .Thank you and we hope to meet you soon in person . Once again you are welcome to our family.
Regards,
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 9

to me
Hello,
How are you? I hope everything is going on fine over there...
I just want you to know that i just got an urgent call from India that my son's condition is getting critical,i need to rush down to India to take care of him then take both of them back with me like i told you earlier... Am leaving this afternoon,i will e-mail you as soon as i get there..I will e-mail you tomorrow or next tomorrow...

I put the payment in an envelope(containing the money order),due to how hurry i am,i gave a mailing agent,his going to mail it out as soon as possible and he will get back to me with the tracking number.. I will e-mail you the tracking number as soon as i have it,and when you receive it,all you need to do is to deduct your first week pay and keep the remaining till the mover arrive..
Also,i gave a local mover my car,my luggage's,and my stuffs as well,they are going to move them as soon as possible,i will update you on when they will arrive.. I will also update you on when you'll receive the key to my apartment... I can't wait to meet you,have a wonderful day..I will check my e-mail when i get to India,you have a wonderful day..

Hope to read from you
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 10

to me
Hello,
How are you? I hope all is going on fine over there...
Sorry i didn't e-mail you since,have been busy when i got here,am now in India,i didn't expect what i saw when i got here,i had to rush my son to the hospital for better treatment... I pray he gets well soon...

Just want to greet you and say hi,i will update you on when you are going to get the payment and when you are going to receive my stuff.. I can't wait to meet you..
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 12 (13 days ago)

to me
Hello,
How are you? I hope all is going on fine over there..
I just want to say hi and update you.. I spoke with the doctor this morning,i was told that my son is having a serious stomach problem,and i was told they will have to perform medical surgery,which is going to take place on Wednesday,i pray he gets well Asap..I will be busy from now till then..

I just want to update you,i can't wait to meet you,I will e-mail the tracking number for the payment to you as soon as i have it,and i will also update you on when the mover will arrive,i will also update you on when you are going to receive the key to my apartment
Hope to read from you
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 16 (9 days ago)

to me
Hello,
How are you doing? I hope all is going on fine..
Sorry i didn't e-mail you sooner enough,am happy to tell you that the surgery was successful,but the doctor said that he need to spend like two weeks at the hospital to ensure his proper recovery which i agreed on.. So by then,i'll get our flight ticket and let you know our flight schedule,we can't wait to meet you..

About the payment,the payment is on its way to you,i shall send you the tracking number to you as soon as i have it.... I will update you about my belongings and on the key to my apartment.. You are such a wonderful person,i can't wait to see you..
Hope to read from you
Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 22 (3 days ago)

to me
Hello,

The mailing agent just contact me now,i was told that the payment is going to deliver today,so you are going to get the payment as soon as possible.. Do let me know as soon as you get it.. He gave me the tracking number to the payment,here is the tracking number below :::

It was sent via United State Postal Service(USPS),so you will be getting it today,kindly e-mail me as soon as you get it.. When you get it,all you need to do is to take it to your bank and cash it,i suggest you take it to your bank because if you take it to the cashing point,they will charge 10%,when you cash it at your bank,deduct your first week pay which is $600 and keep the rest till the mover arrive.. I will contact the mover now and ask when they are coming to deliver my stuff...I will update you on that..

Hope to read from you

Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 22 (3 days ago)

to me
Hello,

I just got a mail from the mover,i didn't expect what i read,this is ridiculous,i hate making plans and later realized it has to be changed,it suck.. I was told that they will no longer move my stuff again until they receive their pay,they are giving me today and tomorrow to get the money to them or else they'll return them where they picked them from, which is my former house.. I won't let that to happen,my rent fee in my former house is already due,and if they return my belongings there,it will be at my risk,all my credentials and everything there are very important to me,i don't want to loose any of it,i can't afford to loose one..

Its good you are going to receive the payment today,i will think of what to do about them and get back to you as soon as possible... Can't really think straight now..

Thanks

Sarah Donovan
Jan 22 (3 days ago)

to me
Hello.

How are you? I hope a is going on fine over there...

I thought about it,i came out with something.. I have no access to my bank account from here,and the funds i brought have used it for hospital bills and have already got our flight ticket because we are going to arrive by next coming weekend.. I will like you to do me a favor,after deducting your pay,i will like you to send the fund for the mover to me which is $2450,so i can send it to them by myself..Immediately they get the fund,they will ship my belongings at once... I will like you to send it to me via western union,i hope you know any western union around there... I won't be able to pick the fund,due to how busy i am at the hospital,i will like you to send it to my mom's information,she will get it for me...

Here is her information below :

Name : Haley Williams
City : New Delhi
Note : They will charge like $100-$150 as western union transfer charges,it may be less...

I will like you to send a sum of $2450 to the information above via Western Union as soon as possible.. Am very worried as i am,i can't afford to loose any of my stuff.. I will like you to get back to me with the following information when you are done sending it..

Senders name :
Senders address :
MTCN #(Money Transfer Control Number)
Amount sent : ($2450)

Kindly get this done as soon as possible,hope to read from you

Thanks
#235532 by wilkkaylala Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 pm
vonpaso xlura wrote:Could you post the emails? Other victims may be searching for text in the emails.

I have posted all of the emails from the scammer. Please let me know if you think I need anything else posted in this forum. I really am trying to prevent someone else from going through the same thing I did. It was mortifying to have the lead supervisor of the bank, come out, and state that the check was fraudulent. None the less, having to worry if the FBI or State will prosecute me for attempting to cash this fake check,
#235549 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:39 pm
Thanks for posting! Sarah Donovan is not in Texas, New Mexico, or (maybe) India. She is in West Africa. Or maybe she is from West Africa and moved to India, but people who grew up in India or America don't write like that.

I suggest you print out all the emails and show them to Chase and explain that you are a victim of a scam, not someone who intentionally cashes fake checks. Also bring the printouts to the Postal Inspection Service, along with the check and the envelope.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#235563 by wilkkaylala Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:46 pm
India, to me, sounded like it could've been legitimate. I didn't know either way. The spelling was decent, just the grammar was off. Some people from India here speak broken English. Situation really depends on how you view it as a whole. This was weeks of correspondence. In my mind, I suppose I figured if it was a scam, they would have been straight to the point, or at least relatively straight to the point.
#235567 by AlanJones Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 am
There are differences between the style of English written by an Indian and that of a West African and the examples that you have posted show all the signs of being written by a West African.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#235578 by wilkkaylala Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:42 am
As I have stated before, I clearly don't know the difference. And I clearly was unaware of the West African scams until I read more about them tonight, after skimming several stories of victims like myself. They make 100s of thousands on Americans who try to see good and install trust in other human beings. It saddened me to see how these people have conned others out of their whole lifes savings. People like myself, don't know the difference and make mistakes just like me, believing that it could've just been an Indian accent.
#236186 by Grandma Grim Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 pm
One thing, don't feel stupid. Thinking about it now it is easy to see all that went on but you are trusting and a very bad person took advantage of your good nature.

Thanks for posting here and I hope others search and don't get scammed. You didn't lose money which you can be thankful for... some do.

They make $thousands from everywhere in the world. Not just the USA. African scammers use people in all countries. They have no shame or feelings. They just want money.

The only way to stop this is to get THE WHOLE WORLD to know about these and then people will look at an email and know it is a scam.... won't reply and they aren't going to get their money. If there is not a market for them, they can't win.

So, it's all about getting the word out about these evils crimes that go unpunished.

Don't feel stupid. You now know a little more now.... you are't stupid. Just nice and that isn't a crime.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never tell a scammer he is posted here....
Never Ever send money to anyone via Western Union,Moneygram or Bank if you haven't met them.
If unsure, please ask... better ask and know than trust and be scammed....
#266009 by lilwindaaaa Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:45 pm
hi, i am currently a victim of this person. they are using a different email and different name and situation but very similar in contexts. i haven't received a check yet but whoever the hell this is doesn't know i no its a scam. if you need help on your case of check fraud let me know. what this person is doing is messed up and taking advantage of good people.

:evil: :twisted: pissed as hell
#266010 by Mike Wilson Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:55 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners lilwindaaaa,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this crime. Please post the opening email from this thief along with the email address and any possible telephone numbers he is currently using. This will help other victims who may be searching for information on this scammer. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.
If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon