If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#236938 by WillR73 Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:02 am
Even if they're bad clumsy obvious scams, here's what you do. Take a printout of everything, hand it in at your local police station, and stress to the desk officer that Interpol likes to be kept in the loop on all online fraud. Why is it fun? When pretty Rosa from Portugal promises she loves you, tell her you're taking her messages to the cop shop. Kills the romance, but funny when they start swearing at you :)
Advertisement

#236940 by AlanJones Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 am
So you are basically telling people to waste the police's time with stupid paperwork, stopping them from investigating real crimes where they have a chance of making an arrest.

Perhaps in future you might consider thinking before posting?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#236989 by WillR73 Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 pm
No. I know from past experience that the police are grateful for up-to-date info. And the most up-to-date info is from people who just heard the latest scam. Know that Western Union thing that's been going around for years? When it was new I handed transcripts to my local force a month before they got the Interpol memo. So it is useful to keep local police informed. Maybe you should think before replying?
#236991 by Bryon Williams Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:04 pm
Alan Jones gave you good information.

Most if not all Law Enforcement do not have the time and resources for the community at large to march into their departments with scam emails.

If that was the case I could take over 50 a day.

You and everyone else would do more of service to their community by posting the scam emails and email headers on this forum or another Anti Fraud/Advance fee/419 site.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#236992 by Bryon Williams Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:10 pm
Take a printout of everything, hand it in at your local police station, and stress to the desk officer that Interpol likes to be kept in the loop on all online fraud

The bold print would get you charged in the USA for "giving fictitious information to a Law Enforcement Officer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#238332 by legionlady14 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm
I reported my scam to the local FBI in my town and he acted like he could care less. After that reception, I know the P.D. would react the same way. My scammer is in Nigeria and that is out of their area. Don't think they would know where Nigeria is