If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#240737 by Gorilla Wrench Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:01 am
I got the call and emails from a guy trying to buy a car I posted here's how it went:

First

Thank you for the reply. I am buying it for my Dad and I want it as a surprise package to appreciate him for his achievements for humanity in general and should be delivered before my arrival to Wisconsin because I stayed in Wisconsin.(home address ;1909 S Main St Oshkosh, WI 54902)
I am working as a Construction Engineer and we are presently at USA/Mexico border and we do not have access to long distance calling at the moment so am working 15days offshore that is why I have contacted you and you can easily text me on my phone number 862 200-9762 or Email.
Please I will need to ask a few questions from you:
- Where is it located at the moment and can I see closer pictures?
- Does it have any history I should be aware of?
- Do you have a reason of selling it?
Kindly, write me back to know your decision regarding the item and I will like to be the final buyer and waiting for your reply.
Thank you !!!

then

Thanks for the reply, I will be purchasing it with the present condition and i have contacted the shipping company that will handle the pick up from your current address to my home address previously in my message sent to you and I will like to know the method of payment because I do work outside home presently which you do understand
I will be paying with my PayPal account through bank transfer from here to your bank account if you do agreed to sell it for me,You will need to create PayPal account and set up with your bank details but you can easily sign up your PayPal via there website http://www.paypal.com. Lastly, your PayPal email address or your bank account details which is the account and routing number will be needed to be able to paid via PayPal kindly reply me back with your PayPal email address or account details, waiting for your reply.
NOTE: I have upgrade my PayPal to Business merchant account which means I can only transfer large amount at once but multiple payment is not allowed I do not want my account to be flagged.
Thank you !!!

and last

Thanks for the mail , I'm OK with your firm price and I really appreciate your honesty as that is what i really need most as wont be able to come for inspection as am at work ,just want to buy the it as a surprise package for him and i really believe he will really enjoy it.I would have love to ask for inspection but am making it a %100 surprise package for my Dad and i don't want him to know about it until it delivered.
Happy to inform you that i have upgraded my PayPal account to business merchant account so i can transfer the fund into your nominated account from my PayPal account .Please advise me of the details so i can make the transfer ASAP and after have sorted out with the payment i have a private pick up agent that will come for the pick up and make a personal delivery for him

this guy is a scammer for me he went by Ralph Smith ([email protected]) ph
Advertisement

#240760 by vonpaso xlura Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 am
Thanks for posting! The writing is obviously West African, and the phone number is in New Jersey, which is neither next to the border nor in or near Wisconsin. Clearly a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10