If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#31857 by Ralph Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 am
Hi Cautious, if you could post the early emails and email address of this other person you suspect of being a scammer then we will be happy to check it out for you.
Advertisement

#31873 by VRed Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 am
Oh wow, I am soooooooo glad I posted my story here! Makes me feel good knowing I helped somebody not to fall for this scumbag!

And good for you for doing some research on him!

I had eHarmony remove him from their database, and they also informed all the women he has been matched with, so now he is trying other venues.
#31874 by Ralph Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 am
Hi Vred

Well done, your information has helped to prevent somebody from being scammed.

See how easy it is and how good it makes you feel ;)
#32952 by dontmesswithme Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 pm
I think I am communicating with this guy. I responded to a profile on Plenty of Fish to a man named Richard. Here is the first email and the last couple. I could not figure out if this is how I go about posting. So I sent a reply. I know he is a scam. I would love to help get him caught. I have told him I will contribute. I asked for a mailing address. I have no intension of sending money. Can I do anything to help catch him? He wanted to IM an address. I did not accept his IM.

Hello........,

I got your email and i am glad you did write back, I guess you should truly know who i am ,I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own. Wife and Best friend.

A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime,lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me,.I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

MY BACKGROUND
I suppose you know my name. lol. I was born to a loving couple, a home, by an Italian man and a Australia woman. My father was on an international job in Australia where he met my mom. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement,Its just me and mom most of the time.I did most of my studying in the Australia but my father died after a brief illness and we were left alone,But my mom was strong for us and that`s why she remains one of my best woman. I met my late wife in Paris. she was a fashion model.She was a good and lovely woman, We were married for 8 yrs before she passed away 3 yrs ago. Not been easy getting over her,But life has to go on Very good at heart.I would tell you more about her as time goes on. I have a son who is 6 yrs old, he is christian by name. My second half lol.

MY JOB
I am a global contractor. I do basically rig constructions and renovations. or over water bridges. We have worked at many countries across the globe. The present project here is my last on the field and i shall quit field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think i really have gotten to this height cos i embraced work for so long trying to get over my wife, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on.

MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can`t make love anymore

and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.I am a total package , i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile. I cant wait to hear back from you. I would like to learn more about

you...

Hope you have a great day, I will be waiting to hear from you soon

Richard

I have really missed you... Am sorry i have not been able to get online to chat with you.... i have four locals down with serious injuries and one gone. This is the most painful thing i have come across. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense.

I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The four have been taken to general hospital now, i just pray for the best for them, i pity the family of the deceased. They spoil t my mood this morning cos they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking their lives and now i feel responsible for what has happened to them. Maybe i should have been on the rig early enough.
can't write much this morning honey, would try later. Just know that you mean a lot to me OK? and i really appreciate you dear. The joy i feel in recent days is my best.

I really missed you

Write back soon

Richard
Good morning my love, and i must say thanks for your care. It was good enough a day, because the rest would be fine, even though their mistake did cost me well over 50g but i am more than joyous that they are going to be ok. I am seeing the dead one's family today. They just want to spoil my mood. I would be online most of the day today, i will leave my messenger on, so pls see if you could catch me there, i would be more than glad to have a live chat with you honey. tell me, how was your own day? I can`t wait to finish up this project to meet with you. i love you so much most wonderful,. you are a kind woman, thanks for all the emails and words of encouragement, i have taken care of everything already ,lol. pls make sure we can chat today, and call me when you are ready.

Thinking of you as usual

Kisses & Hugs

Richard

My beautiful ,
How are you doing? I hope you are as good as ever?
Well I have been very busy with the rascals and co workers for the funeral arrangements for the deceased and the discussion on how to raise some funds for the families of the deceased which I was also the person in the position to raise the funds on the families behalf as I was also told to get the funds from every angle of my friends and family to make the contribution much for them, as the deceased were nice and caring individual's to be rewarded in much ways which am gladly going to be happy if you could contribute to the wonderful fund raising of this lovely people we had lost…
I would really be very happy to hear from you soon, as well to know how you could come up with some funds ok…
Make sure you take good care of your lovely self for me as I would await your ever sweet reply on here…
Yours,

Richard

Hello Honey,

Honey, I will kiss you yesterday, today and tomorrow; i will love you yesterday, today and forever with or without money. I am a man with pride and prestige and with the way i was brought up men do not ask women for money, i have never done it and do not like to. I will carter for you and our family because that is the responsibility of a man as the head of the family. Honey everything will be fine that is my promise to you.

Sweetpea,i really appreciate that you are willing to help me out on this and i understand all you explained in your mail,i tell you that i OWE you a very very BIG ONE,i understand when you say you would need more details to give to you contributors being that they would want to have a proof or reason to donate to this cause i am glad and i hope to send you the much details i have as of now even though things are pretty quite disorganized down here having to take the time out to do that. However, i will not want you to task your self so much on this or imposing this on anyone as it is suppose to be Voluntary and a cause of self giving which does not need any act of force please as we are really never sure of what happens the next minute or are we sure of waking up the next day when we sleep,it's just like us paying our 10% tithe in church, some people don't see it logical because they don't see beyond the pastor behind the pulpit and just think they are handing their sweat over to the man of God where as they are giving it to God, He obviously can not come down to get it Himself,in essence,i am saying that the trust you have built in me should stay that way as i will never let you down nor take you for granted because i am a man who has the fear of the Lord in him and believes in His commandments and strongly abides by the saying "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
I do understand your feelings and thoughts and i already thought about all this before i asked you to donate to this cause so please do not look at it that i am asking but i need you to trust and follow my judgment as i have told you so honey because we are all still trying to reach out to family and friends as we are already short in our budget due to the hospital treatment charges of the other workers, please do not cry over this as we do not need to keep going back and forth about this again. Whatever comes from your heart honey and the heart of some of your contributors please give as these people need it more than anyone of us now, its all part of sowing a seed and charity work so please let us all show a heart of kindness and giving here honey. Please do not look at it from the aspect that you are doing it because it came from me , look at it that you are helping a family and people who actually need it more than you do. Mr&Mrs. Brian Taylor, is the name of the family of the deceased and collectively are a family of 6. The said deceased passed away leaving his 2 sons and a daughter and was the bread winner of the family being the first son of Mr. Brian. He was a honest, hardworking and high spirited man of God. May his soul rest in peace Amen.

The others in hospital are doing fine and responding well to treatments, the families of the deceased are still at grieve and we have made promises to them that they would be highly compensated and everything would be fine with their children.
Here are some pictures of the explosion here at the rig from the land pipping to the extension to the bridge linking to the water, the workers and fire service workers who responded well to the urgent call. We bless God for the spontaneous and effective response from the fire service team as well.

Today has really been very tiring for us, having to go to different places. I will be online for a while if you are there for a chat so i can tell you on where to send the money to just as soon as i get a response from you. I feel so blessed to be able to share this with you and i know that it is well with us.

Love always,

Richard.
XOXOXO
#33143 by VRed Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 am
Not sure if it's the same Richard. Do you have his last name? His e-mail address? Any headers?

Ask him what he had for lunch today :) My scammer always answered the same - chicken and rice :D
#33180 by Jillian Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 am
Hi dontmesswith me and welcome to ScamWarners. :D It may not be the same scammer, they use so many names it gets hard to keep track. That said, you've definitely posted emails from a scammer, which is helpful regardless! I'm glad you spotted him as a scammer so quickly.
Can you please post an email with his email address and a full header? We want the name and email address to show up in searches, want them posted within the context of the scam email for concrete evidence and we may be able to tell what country/city he's emailing from from the header. If you aren't sure how to retrieve email headers just let us know and we'll help you out.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#104831 by nomorelies Sun May 27, 2012 12:40 pm
Same story different name:

How are you doing this morning sweetie , I am so glad that we had a wonderful chat yesterday ,I just got to work, even though late, but then, i have four locals down with serious injuries and one gone. This is the most painful thing i have come across. Now the site tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The four have been taken to general hospital now, i just pray for the best for them, i pity the family of the deceased. They spoil my mood this morning cos they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking their lives and now i feel responsible for what has happened to them. Maybe i should have been on the siteearly enough.

Can't write much this morning honey, would try later. Just know that you mean a lot to me and i really appreciate you dear. The joy i feel in recent days is my best
#180238 by janetljackson408 Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:16 pm
Same guy, different name. Instead of an oil contractor, he says he is a photographer and went to Kenya for a two week long photo shoot (fashion photographer). After corresponding for a long time, every day and every night, emails, messenger (yahoo) and I even talked to him on the phone quite a bit, although his voice kept cutting out. The phone number that showed was actually a 619 number which is from San Pedro, CA, where he claimed he just bought a house, and since he was from Canada and had been working in Asia for the past 7 years, he had no friends. So I got the same love email. "I know you would be wondering why i haven't called or text you sweetie, something happened at work and am being held responsible (here's the quote that is the same all over the internet) I have two locals down with serious injuries and damages on the cameras. (and the big reveal) This is the most painful thing i have come across...(the camera) did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense." This excuse is being used in the "I'm a contractor on an oil rig" scam. The other word for word is a loving email "Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one I have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personality. The only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been yourself. That is good, because if I ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty. It takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there,. trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved eachother. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything." I have seen these exact words on other romance scammer sites as well as two pictures that he sent me. He calls himself Vince Joseph Vaughan at [email protected]. I was stupid enough to send him money to pay off this "fine" he had to pay before they would cut him a check. He sent me a copy of the check (very realistic), and a copy of his flight confirmation (absolutely looked real, and the flight actually existed) funny thing though, and I was waiting for this, suddenly they wouldn't let him board the plane because he had no work card and he needed 2,000 dollars. "please baby, get a loan. Don't leave me stranded here." When I said no, he got very defensive. When I confronted him with the facts I had dug up, the same quotes, the same pictures, he actually told me "It's not me. Someone is posing as me," lol. I called his phone, which kept being answered by another person who had no idea who he was. He texted me "I can't believe you called me. Never contact me again." Like he was hurt (unbelievable) when I mentioned it was very convenient that because he was "mad at me" he wasn't going to refund my 700.00, he did not respond. He is still out there, using another name and used match.com to snare me. I am so ashamed and heartbroken at the same time. This guy is a pro.
#187379 by dalhamza Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:34 am
James Joffe
Jan 13 (2 days ago)

Hi There,

How are you doing? Thanks for writing, its so good to hear from you and I must say a BIG thanks.

I guess you should truly know who I am, I don't really know how this is to work but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age I do not know what and when to say, then what would I be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life.Not into games and dont want to be played aswell,took out my profile on match,i hope this goes well so i wont have to go back on match..lol..

Forgive my manners, I am James Joffe, most friends call me Jay Jay. I am an engineer by profession, but really I am hanging the hat this year, after delving into work for so long I have come to realize that we are nothing without a partner, someone who would stand by me no matter the situation. A witch who would protect me like a lioness would do her cub,lol. and I can promise to protect her beyond all vices. A woman who tells me, honey, you can do it, no matter what I want to do. I really worked hard the past 19 yrs to attain this height.

What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own wife and a best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime,lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me, I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

I was born in California to a loving couple, a home, by an American man from London,Uk and an American/Spanish woman. My father was an international business man from who met this Spanish Woman whose only family were close friends during the course of the execution/completion of his contract in Madrid Spain. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement we ended up residing in Spain at a certain time however when I was twelve I left to study in lethbridge Alberta in Canada where I got my degree in civil Eng and then I later moved on to join them back to Uk and back to canada. My Parents died and i was left alone. I met my ex wife and then best friend in Canada, the union between us gave us a lovely daughter who happens to be 26years now.

I am a global contractor and I do basically rig constructions and renovations or over water bridges like I stated above,myself and my crew have worked at many countries across the globe. I happen to be working on a project presently however it is my last on the field as I will be quitting all field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops(i hope i am awarded the contract though)c . I think I really have gotten to the stage that I can retire home because I embraced work for so long trying to get over my goals, that I worked this hard, but I think I now realize I can move on.

I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can't make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package, I only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

I think I better stop here for now so I don't start rambling and bore you, I look forward to hearing back from you soonest.

N:B - I have some photos attached to this email,please let me know what you think about them...*Smiling*,you could send me some of you aswell

Your turn!
Jay
#187642 by Nathaliejivanmukta Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:51 am
dalhamza wrote:James Joffe
Jan 13 (2 days ago)

Hi There,

How are you doing? Thanks for writing, its so good to hear from you and I must say a BIG thanks.

I guess you should truly know who I am, I don't really know how this is to work but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age I do not know what and when to say, then what would I be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life.Not into games and dont want to be played aswell,took out my profile on match,i hope this goes well so i wont have to go back on match..lol..

Forgive my manners, I am James Joffe, most friends call me Jay Jay. I am an engineer by profession, but really I am hanging the hat this year, after delving into work for so long I have come to realize that we are nothing without a partner, someone who would stand by me no matter the situation. A witch who would protect me like a lioness would do her cub,lol. and I can promise to protect her beyond all vices. A woman who tells me, honey, you can do it, no matter what I want to do. I really worked hard the past 19 yrs to attain this height.

What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own wife and a best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime,lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me, I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

I was born in California to a loving couple, a home, by an American man from London,Uk and an American/Spanish woman. My father was an international business man from who met this Spanish Woman whose only family were close friends during the course of the execution/completion of his contract in Madrid Spain. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement we ended up residing in Spain at a certain time however when I was twelve I left to study in lethbridge Alberta in Canada where I got my degree in civil Eng and then I later moved on to join them back to Uk and back to canada. My Parents died and i was left alone. I met my ex wife and then best friend in Canada, the union between us gave us a lovely daughter who happens to be 26years now.

I am a global contractor and I do basically rig constructions and renovations or over water bridges like I stated above,myself and my crew have worked at many countries across the globe. I happen to be working on a project presently however it is my last on the field as I will be quitting all field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops(i hope i am awarded the contract though)c . I think I really have gotten to the stage that I can retire home because I embraced work for so long trying to get over my goals, that I worked this hard, but I think I now realize I can move on.

I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can't make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package, I only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

I think I better stop here for now so I don't start rambling and bore you, I look forward to hearing back from you soonest.

N:B - I have some photos attached to this email,please let me know what you think about them...*Smiling*,you could send me some of you aswell

Your turn!
Jay

hello do u have some photos. your story looks mine even if the name is different (excuse my bad English i am french)
#305113 by ChristinaMontana Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:17 pm
Hi...
I think this guy has been at this game for at.least 5years...under names of clooney...henderson..and now from Oasis dating site sending me emails under the name of RAY CALLIN or CALLINS

IT loks like the emails are adjusted according to who he is trying to impersonate...he must have swiss bank accountss by now..