If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#243129 by azrealestate@live Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 pm
This is a copy paste of the complaint I filed with the FBI so it may read funny in some places like the unside-down question marks and stuff.

I am a new Real Estate investor and I was looking for private money lenders. I got Amborse¿s number from a private money website, this website is for private investors to post they want to be a lender, then borrowers like myself, can see the info. I contacted Ambrose in June, he immediately sent me a loan form to fill out, which is normal. We spoke several times and he sounded excited to work with us since we were into rehabbing homes. We informed him of our intentions to refinance a rehab from Hard Money loan to a Private lender and how much we needed. We were told the money was in an account and could be wired to our account. We decided in August to obtain the loan to refinance the rehab we just completed to the lower interest rate from Ambrose Loan Service. At that time Ambrose informed us we had to wire a small fee of $2,800 called ¿insurance bond¿ since the money was coming from Inter-American Development Bank. The money was wired to an Esther Hernandez, Routing Number: 063100277. Account Number: 898031728369, Address: Flo-6003 Hansel Avenue, Orlando Fl.32809. I was pretty surprise he sent this info via email since we had not signed any agreements. Ambrose insured me that he has done many of these loans and once this fee is paid the money will transferred to my Allie account. I wired the money, then there was a ¿problem¿. I was then informed there was a bank transfer fee of another $2,800. All together to date I have paid $5,600 in fees. I was notified by Inter-American Development, the money had been received and all I needed to do was fill out the info on-line to have the funds transferred to my account. It first required an ITP Code number. I asked what this was because I did not have a code like that, and was told via email from [email protected] that I would need to pay a fee of $3,700. Then I received another email from [email protected] a short time later stating that I need to send the $3,700 via Western Union to Janet Agpuon even gave her address 7264 Apartment A, church street, Gilroy California. I refused to send via western union. After about $15,000 of fees, there was another fee to be paid, I told him no more and I am canceling the transaction and want my money back. He then threatened me with an attorney, stating that the loan is in my name already and his company is losing money since they cannot collect interest on the loan amount of $120,000. He also stated that he will increase the loan to $130,000 to off set these fees, then we only payback the $120,000. In that way he will be paying part of the fees. I had to get a Credit Card Cash advance to pay the, as Ambrose stated, ¿Last and Final Fee¿ This fee was to release the money from Bank of America to Alley. I paid the $3,000. Then like clockwork, there was one more fee this time over $7,380. He said it MUST be paid or I could get in trouble. I told him I did not have this money. I started having heart problems from the stress at this time my Daughter Kamya Newcomb is trying to handle it. We are recording all conversations with Ambrose Dyer and his associates Ron Wilson and a Mr Jacobs we think this is the same person as Ron Wilson, he just changed his name when we called his number from a different cell phone). My daughter has informed him that I am not paying any more fees and Ambrose has tried to threaten my daughter with law suits as well. He has stated that he has my name, account number, and company information and I need to pay this fee. My daughter has notified them that we are canceling the transaction and we want our money back. Now Ambrose is telling her that to cancel the transaction we need to pay $1050 to BofA to cancel the transaction or face legal issues. He is still threatening us with law suites. He is still calling daily; we are still recording ALL phone conversations. I have much more in detail including phone conversations and emails when needed. Since this has happened, my husband and I had to sell our Sand rail, Our Jeep, and my sewing machine is listed for sale. We are struggling to make house payments. My daughter and her husband had to go back to work, our company is on the verge of failing and we are considering having my daughter, her husband and 3 kids move in with us to combine house hold. This scam has been finically crippling to both of our families. Thank You

------------------------- Date:11/30/2014 11:40:47 --------------------
Since the original have received several phone calls demanding that I pay the $1050 to cancel the transaction and will not get refunded the fees unless the cancellation fee is paid. Most of these phone calls are from a man saying he is Ambrose the same person that I had been speaking with, when I told him he did not sound like Ambrose he told me that their network is running slow so his voice sounds different. On 11/28/14 at approximately 10:50am I did receive a phone call from Ambrose, he stated that he wanted to be honest and let me know the status. He told me the money that was paid for bank fees, was actually a fee paid to have a briefcase of gold sent to the U.S. from Pakistan and that the gold is owned by a US General. He then said if I paid the remaining money then he can have the briefcase out of check point. I had him repeat this several time, stating that I did not understand, the entire phone conversation was recorded. He stated again that the gold is in a briefcase and is coming from Pakistan. He then wanted me to get a Skype account see I can Skype the General and see that he is real and that I can trust him then I can send the $4,000+ dollars to pay off at the port and have the briefcase in the US then he (Ambrose) would bring it to Arizona and we both would be very very rich. He told me that we both could have millions. I told him I was not interested and I only was looking for a home rehab private loan. He insisted that I get a Skype account so I can skype with this general and see that this is okay. I then told him to email or text me me the skype address, as I was driving and could not write it down. He sent me a text on 11/28/14 at with the address and name Joseph Anderson...New York...Skype Name anderson.joseph134 and a website www.freightspeedltd.com. I have not and will Skype as I am afraid to have these people know what I look like. Then already have a copy of my mothers drivers license. Again I have all the conversations recorded and can send them, would need to know where to send MP3 I have refused all phone calls from Ambrose for now as I really do not even know what to say. He sent me an email at 2:48am this morning 11/30/14 asking "Are you still interested in getting the refurb or not? Kindly get back to me ASAP". my response: "We are ONLY interested in canceling the transaction and having the non-disclosed refundable fees ($15,200) refunded. As I told you numerous times, it is illegal for you to even ask us to pay a cancellation fee since it was not previously disclosed IN-WRITING in the beginning. The deadline for the return of the fees is December 15th, that is 4 weeks from the date the notice to cancel was originally sent as requested. Since we have already sent you a total of $18,000, which you have informed me was NOT for bank fees as you informed us they were, and was actually a fee to pay for a briefcase of gold from Pakistan, there should be no problem for you to pay the $1050 cancellation fee"

UPDATE: He is still insisting me pay him now only $200 for a cancellation fee, I will not. At one point he told me that he set up the transfer of the $18,000 he owes me at Western Union and once I send the $200 e would give me the code to retrieve the money. I called the Western Union that he said he went to and asked, the guy confirmed that 1. no one came in to wire money to me, 2. They would not be able to wire that much money. I confronted him about this lie and he said they would do it for him as a favor, LIE... At this point I am stringing him along, in hopes that the FBI will contact me and I can give them more info.
Advertisement

#243166 by vonpaso xlura Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:10 am
Stop stringing him along. Drop ALL contact with the scammer. He is probably somewhere in Eurasia or Africa, not in America, and is hiding behind false identities and mailservers that hide IP addresses.

Please post the emails you received, especially the first few ones from each character. Other victims may be searching for text in them, or the addresses.

The real site of the Inter-American Development Bank is iadb.org. It would not use a Hotmail address.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#243282 by azrealestate@live Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:29 pm
I think you all have misunderstood a little, I am not in constant communications with him anymore. I am however tracking down others that fit this profile of a scammer, no I am not talking to them either. When I said Stringing him along, what I do is every once in a while I will send a text, "Ambrose?" to see if he is still using the same phone number. He will respond but I do not respond to him. I am using a Google voice number that is not traced to me. I should have mentioned that in the post but did think so many would pick up on that part as y'all did. Thank for caring.

I believe there is a ring or a group. If you have a LinkedIn account, type in 424-260-6185 in the search field. I think this is the Hernandez mentioned in my post.I posted to mainly warn others who these people are and what their MO is.

AND yes the hotmail account was a red flag, unfortunately by this time he had scammed my elderly mother and was threatening her to the point she was not telling me about what was really going on. The contact was between my mother and Ambrose, I got involved after the money was gone.
#243291 by HillBilly Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm
See this topic for more information on AFF loan scams.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3161
It should be reported to the FTC, the IC3, and possibly other agencies or banks, depending on the information given to the scammer. Read the article completely and follow its instructions, for your own best interest.

You don't need a linkedin account to do a phone # search, he happens to be using a Google Voice account too.

A red flag might have gone off when it was a Los Angeles phone # with a New York Address.

(424) 260-6185
Google Voice VoIP in Compton, CA

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryan-hernandez/a4/370/98b
Bryan Hernandez
Vice President, Human Resources .... Hard Money Lending, Hard Money Lenders, Hard Money Loans, Rehab Lenders, Private Mo
New York, New YorkHuman Resources
Current
Self-employed
Education
New York

Bryan Hernandez Reserve Company is a Group of Companies. that offer cheap loan and we give out Loan to serious minded and honest applicants who are in need of loan.

There is No Credit Check or Upfront Fees,

Annual percentage Rate is 5%

Maximum Loan time is 8 years.

No Collateral but your Name and Address will be verified.

Have you been turned down by local banks etc?

If you are in need for urgent loan? you can contact us now, or Email us so that we can contact you. You can as well let us know how much you need as Loan and the period you want to pay back the Loan.

Thanks and have a pleasant day ahead.
Send all your requests to [email protected] ...
NO. (424) 260-6185

Warm Regards,

Ambroseloanservices

Specialties:Loans of any Kind, Real Estate

I'd also be willing to bet that a check of the Department of State's website in New York shows zero listings for Ambroseoanservices or Bryan Hernandez Reserve Company
http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/bus_entity_search.html

Ambrose = NO
Bryan Hernandez = NO as well.