If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#245414 by Rolltidegirl Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 pm
I was contacted by a guy on Skout claiming to be a US soldier. He was very good looking and sweet. He asked me to download Skype for us to chat. Since he cant get on Skout very often.While we were chatting i notice his English seemed to be a bit different. Like he said i love going to the cinema. No one says that. I asked what his heritage is and he said he is 100% pure American. That raid flags for me. Began to think he wasnt who he says he is. I asked for a picture. He emailed me one. So i searched for him on FB and other social sites. I only found one person with that name and the profile only had one pic on it and it looked nothing like the guy im talking to. So continued to dig and i cam across this site. My guy hadn't asked for any money. He was even worrying to make sure i was ok financially since i had just quit my job and moved to help my family. The day after he told me that the UN had given them an option for their incentive pay. That if they put it in his bank account would take 2 months and bank would take 20% for foreign transfer fee or he could send it to his family thru a diplomat. He didnt want to send it to his brother because he is on drugs and dont trust him. He asked if he could send me the package. It would have his incentive pay and personal belongings in it. Thanks to all i had read here i knew for sure this was a scam. I decided to play along for a bit to see what else he would tell me. He asked me to give him my name address and cell #. I gave him a fake address and phone number. He said when he registered it he would send me a receipt. Next morning he said their was a little problem that they need a insurance fee for the package. Said it is $250 and i needed to pay it and it would be given back to me when the package was hand delivered to me. I asked if their was someone i could call to discuss this with. He gave me the diplomats email of [email protected] I told him i had emailed which i hadn't. So he said he would email him to get in touch with me. His skype name is Bronx i tried adding pics and screenshots of emails and conversations but was unable to. If u tell me how I'd be happy to upload to hopefully save someone else from veing scammed
Advertisement

#245416 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:09 pm
Thank you for the warning. By chance did the scammer have an email address?

How to post photo's viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 Make sure you mark them as "Stolen By A Scammer"

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#245423 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:01 pm
In this scam the scammer does not ask for money for fake leave, medical, phones and internet.

He will pretend to send you a package. The fake shipping company will request money for insurance, documents, courier fees, customs fees and etc.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#248594 by wowthankyou Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:28 pm
Rolltidegirl wrote:I was contacted by a guy on Skout claiming to be a US soldier. He was very good looking and sweet. He asked me to download Skype for us to chat. Since he cant get on Skout very often.While we were chatting i notice his English seemed to be a bit different. Like he said i love going to the cinema. No one says that. I asked what his heritage is and he said he is 100% pure American. That raid flags for me. Began to think he wasnt who he says he is. I asked for a picture. He emailed me one. So i searched for him on FB and other social sites. I only found one person with that name and the profile only had one pic on it and it looked nothing like the guy im talking to. So continued to dig and i cam across this site. My guy hadn't asked for any money. He was even worrying to make sure i was ok financially since i had just quit my job and moved to help my family. The day after he told me that the UN had given them an option for their incentive pay. That if they put it in his bank account would take 2 months and bank would take 20% for foreign transfer fee or he could send it to his family thru a diplomat. He didnt want to send it to his brother because he is on drugs and dont trust him. He asked if he could send me the package. It would have his incentive pay and personal belongings in it. Thanks to all i had read here i knew for sure this was a scam. I decided to play along for a bit to see what else he would tell me. He asked me to give him my name address and cell #. I gave him a fake address and phone number. He said when he registered it he would send me a receipt. Next morning he said their was a little problem that they need a insurance fee for the package. Said it is $250 and i needed to pay it and it would be given back to me when the package was hand delivered to me. I asked if their was someone i could call to discuss this with. He gave me the diplomats email of [email protected] I told him i had emailed which i hadn't. So he said he would email him to get in touch with me. His skype name is Bronx i tried adding pics and screenshots of emails and conversations but was unable to. If u tell me how I'd be happy to upload to hopefully save someone else from veing scammed

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR ME HAVING THE INSIGHT TO JUST DO A SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH!!!!! SOMEONE ONCE SAID IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS!!!

I JUST HOPE MY LIFE ISN'T IN JEOPARDY NOW BECAUSE SOME "DIPLOMAT" HAS SEEN MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. ANYONE KNOW WHO I CAN REPORT THIS KIND OF SCAM TOO???? PLEASE LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY!!!!
#248609 by vonpaso xlura Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:29 pm
It sounds like he's in a foreign country and wouldn't try to commit identity theft with your driver's license, but he may recycle it (possibly edited) as an ID card of some character he plays in a scam. Could you post the email he sent, with full headers? It would give us a better idea where he is, and others may be looking for phrases.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#248610 by HillBilly Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:30 pm
wowthankyou wrote:I JUST HOPE MY LIFE ISN'T IN JEOPARDY NOW BECAUSE SOME "DIPLOMAT" HAS SEEN MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. ANYONE KNOW WHO I CAN REPORT THIS KIND OF SCAM TOO???? PLEASE LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY!!!!

You have better chances of winning the mega millions lottery than your life being in danger. The scammer only wanted your money.

If you want to be extra sure, You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for "address" "bldg #, street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", and what ever other data you have given.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #.

You should try to report the scam to your local police, if you are in the USA then also the IC3, and if you are in the UK then actionFraud. If you are not in the US or UK try going to http://econsumer.gov/ and see if yours is a member country.