Information on romance scams and scammers.
#241140 by notastupidblonde Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:45 pm
John & Mike both have appeared on a dating website I signed up on (Mingle2.com). I have had experience with overseas scammers before. They both say they are in the Army and overseas.
John asked me for $507 to help get his deciesed wife's name off of his personel file as his Next of Kin and wanted me to sign an affidavit so he could put me on as his Next of Kin. Then wanted me to help him with coming back to the states on leave so we could see eachother. He stated he would have to pay to take leave to come see me.
As for Mike he is saying that he is in need of $500 for his passcard (whatever that is) for his leave. Said the same thing as John. Have to pay to take leave. Mike also tried to get $100 out of me saying that is what it costs for him to be able to call me and I would get the money back.
I know both these guys are full of s***. My father was in the military for 24 years, so I know what both these guys are spouting is a load of crap.

Johns email address that he gave me is: [email protected]
Mikes email address is: [email protected]

They do not know how to take NO for an answer. As far as I know they could be sitting in an Internet cafe in Africa somewhere doing their scamming to get money for their village. Sure sign of a scammer is they say they love you, happy they met you, what I described above, want access to your bank account, etc. The list is endless. Sure there's more than what I have listed.
I met them both on Mingle2.com
Last time I checked Johns profile was gone, but Mikes is still there (under: mikey2211r).
So please be cautious when talking to guys from dating sites and they claim to be in the military and in a foreign country for peace keeping reasons.
Advertisement

#241163 by Dotti Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 pm
As far as I know they could be sitting in an Internet cafe in Africa somewhere doing their scamming to get money for their village.

More likely they are sitting in an internet cafe somewhere trying to get money for a new gaming system, state of the art phone, designer clothes, and assorted "bling." Most of these scammers are not trying to help others--they are nothing more than low-life punks looking for a fast buck and trying to live a glamorous lifestyle.

If you still have them, please post the initial messages these scammers sent you, and the ones centered around the money requests. These messages are often scripts that the scammers will use again even after they change names and fake details, and in the future posting them may help another victim to learn the truth before it is too late.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#241174 by notastupidblonde Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:56 pm
All correspondence with them was done via yahoo instant messanger. They claimed they had to pay in order to take their leave to come see me. John said he had to pay a lawyer the money so that I could be put on as his next of kin and his dead wife taken off. Mike claimed he caught his wife cheating so they divorced.
#258582 by ohiobuckeyes1975 Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:06 am
Met mike john Ayers on meetme.Com that he is in the army, but in Johannesburg S. Africa. Said that he caught his wife cheating, so they divorced 2 years a go & have 3 kids. Right away the red flag went up when he said he loved me, then the next day he was asking for money for leave..so I played a long with it to get the address that he wanted me to send money to supposedly, department of defense, but i had a hunch that it was a scam so I looked into it & I was right._ Address below:
33676 state highway 200. Hill City, Minnesota 55748. Googled the address it's a personal property for sale hahaha
#258626 by notastupidblonde Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:14 am
Mike didn't ever give me an address. He just kept pushing me to try and get the money he needed. He even had the nerve to ask for my bank account information. Best advise I can give is if they say they are in the military and overseas, like Mike, they are scammers. It's very easy to steal photos from someone or modeling websites and use them as your own.
If you talk to him again tell him Xxxxxxx says Hi!
#258842 by notastupidblonde Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 pm
Hey Ohio! Once I called him a scammer he stopped talking to me. The last I knew he stated he was in England. One point he tried to get me to send about $500 to a guy claiming to be his Commanding Officer in Africa so his final paycheck could be sent to me so I could forward it to him once I got it.

As for pictures I have several. Just not sure how to add to this.
#258846 by notastupidblonde Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:35 pm
Bryon,
I haven't talked to either of them for a couple of months now. The last thing I would do is tell them about sites like this and the fact that I have posted about them on here. Thanks for the words of advice for those who could use it.
#297484 by malu53 Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 am
To [email protected]
Opened 2016/06/09 - 87day14hour47min2sec after sending
Location New York, United States (86% likelihood)
Opened on 150.163.255.173.client.static.strong-in89.as13926.net (173.255.163.150:52258)

IP: 150.163.255.173
Organization: Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais
State/Region: Sao Paulo
City: São José dos Campos

IP: 173.255.163.150
Organization: Reliablehosting.com :lol:
Type: Corporate
Continent: North America
State/Region: New York
City: New York