Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#262491 by Anijang Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:02 am
I just got order from him "Alexandra Smith"
First he will ask you for the item like this >>

Is the item available for sales? If yes, get back to me with the condition and your final price

then

"Sound good,and lovely, am Alexandra Smith From
England and am okay with the price of the item
4,800 ba as a matter of fact am buying it for my friend upcoming birthday who is currently in
Africa for business, i have check the shipping
price to Africa,is 2,000 from your post office in
thailand to Africa via EMS POST. so the total
money i willb transfer to you is now 7000
Okay,for me to transfer the money to you need your bank details as follow

Full name

Bank Name

Bank Account Number

Email Address

so that i will transfer the money to your account
immediatly. am waiting your reply okay"

After I sent my A/C no. to him. He will make a fake order from ICICI Bank UK PLC to me via e-mail. Like this >>

[email protected] (This is fake email address.) The real is mailto:[email protected] I find out from the website.

ICICI BANK PLC
To [email protected]
Today at 12:58 PM

============================== ============================== ============================
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
============================== ============================== ===================
*ONLINE MONEY TRANSFER APPROVED*
============================== ============================== ===================
TRANSACTION # : ICB6004311000090

August,03,2015

Account holder Name
Account Number
Bank Name
Auction item
Senders Name
Status
Country
Date Of Transaction.

V K
xxxxxxxxx9307 Siam Comercial Bank Swiss Military Hanowa
Alexandra Smith PAID

Thailand
August,03,2015

Dear V K,
Congratulations!The acknowledgment of the TRANSFER placed by Alexandra Smith who is interested in acquiring certain {Items} to have a Icici Bank Plc Online Payment Money sent to you as payment for the item has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED.
The financial details of the transaction are stated below:
============================== ============================== =====================
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*

(NOTE: All amounts are in THB)
------------------------------ ------------
AMOUNT TRANSFERED : THB 7,000.00

TRANSFER CHARGES : THB 700.00

============================== =====
TOTAL TRANSFERED : THB 7,000.00

============================== =====
============================== ============================== ====================
***PLEASE NOTE***
The Money will be TRANSFER to the name and account details below,Please verify
that the Name and Account (As entered by the buyer) are correct:
============================== ============================== =====================
Account Holder Name :

Bank Name :

Account Number : xxxxxx

Note:

Confirmation of payment:This is to certify that an amount of 7,000 will be credited into your account as soon as you provide us the postage prove.

If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order though this email icicibankplconlineexpres [email protected] ICICI BANK PLC ONLINE PAYMENT. We look forward to serving your online payment needs better in there.

and then sent the message to me for let me send the item before get the real money. Like this >>>

Hello
The payment has been made successful and now should have be notified the email from my bank that is successfully authorized and approved. if you have not receive the mail kindly check your IN BOX,JUNK,or SPAM mail."(NOTICE) the money has been transfer and the exact amount of 7,000 THB has been deducted from my account and at the moment I cannot stop the payment but the money will not reflect in your account until you provide the shipment tracking number to the bank for shipment
verification. So go and send the item and send the tracking number on the receipt beengiven to you in the post office to the bank for shipment verification and as soon as they are able to verify the shipment they will credit the money into your account withimmediate effect. You can also send me the tracking number for record purpose.Here is the address where the package will be send to

Name: Samuel Oyekunle
Address: 5 Gbadebo Street Mokola Ibadan
City: Ibadan
State: Oyo
Zip code: 23402

Make sure the package is been shipped via EMS post delivery to the above address. payment made include the shipping cost.I hope to hear from you soonest.Regards

He tried alot to asked me via Line messages to let me send tracking number (that mean I have to send my item before get the money. I said NOOOOO. He must be a SCAMER for sure.
Beware of him.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#262532 by HillBilly Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:48 pm
Hi and welcome to scamwarners, Anijang. Glad to hear you did not fall for this scam. Please remove your personal information using the pencil looking button near the top right corner of the post box. We only want scammer's information here.

Thanks for posting the scam script, and the scammers' various email addresses. It will help others doing searches for the same information :D

It might be a good idea to let your bank know what happened, so they can put a "fraud alert" on your account ( it might have a different name in your country). Be sure to tell them what happened so you can avoid any criminal activity involved with your bank account.

#326745 by WongCH Mon May 01, 2017 5:13 am
i also receive it like a same one but this time the scammer using whatapp i realise cus the bank email and the address like same with yours the new scammer email is [email protected] and the address is Name is Johnson Blessing Adress ;NO 25 N.T.A.Rd. State: Oyo City: Ibadan Land: Nigeria Zip code: 23402
The scammer Phone Number Is +2348092775983 im sell my item on carousell so only my phone number appear there the main price the i tem i sell is 399 myr but he let me get 1000myr is a sony smartwatch 3 the email content

Dear Valuable Customer : **************,

We hereby congratulate you for using Our Bank for your online transfer We have received a transfer of the total amount of (RM1000.00 MYR)which was transfer to you from the account of (Robinson Owen) for an auction item (A PAIR OF ITEM)Transfer has been successfully processed and approved but before we can remit the funds to your account we will need to verify the shipment of the item to your buyer first and once this has been done we will remit the funds immediately to your account immediately and you will be able to cash your money at your bank. So you can make the Shipment of the items to your buyer and send us the shipment tracking number and the scanned receipt from the Delivery courier which was used for the shipment so as for the verification of the shipment and once we got this we will remit the funds to you account immediately. We waiting for the Shipment Tracking number from you and we also assured you that immediately we have the shipment tracking number your account will be activated. We want you to know that we have just introduced this policy to prevent all our valuable customer against internet fraud we hope you understand better.

Thanks for Your Cooperation and Understanding

***PLEASE NOTE**

1. You must know that once the payment has been made by the buyer the money now belongs to the seller and it will be transferred immediately to his or her account as soon as the seller follow our procedure.

2. Once shipment has been verified, the money will be delivered to seller account information given to us by you and hence from now on ,You did not have control on the money paid by you to the seller as we are the one to handle everything yours is to receive your item, we are using this policy to protect both the seller and buyer from internet fraud.
You can go ahead and ship out your buyer's item and send ICICI BANK the shipment tracking number in order to activate your bank account within the next 24 hours time and to finish the final process for us to transfer your full money into your bank account,you will receive your money as soon as you have send us the tracking number or a scanned copy of the shipment receipt ,You will have to ship the item to the shipping address provided by the buyer .
We are very sorry for any inconvenience or delay this may cause,we will like you to verify your bank information properly and see that there is no mistake.If there is kindly contact us through:(Click Here)

Thanks for using ICICI Bank Ltd© from Canada for your online transfer......
http://www.indiantelevision.com/images1/awsjwinner5.jpg
Last edited by Tim Atem on Mon May 01, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.