The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#250308 by SnackMaster1990s Sun May 10, 2015 2:14 am
Hey I'm new and was wondering if this is new or old. Anyway I got a text from 9802. The text. a donation fund.

I did look at the important posts for this site.

Anyway the text is about giving me an assignment for a project that is worth some money. Anyway the person wants me to send an email to the person

text email: [email protected]/ "donation fund"
project ;leader? Madam Vera assigning projects to me(well my phone. not sure if the person knows who is actually behind it..
email: [email protected]

I'm just curious if any of you had seen this. And no I did not interact with the person at all. Edited.
Advertisement

#250382 by Dotti Sun May 10, 2015 8:32 am
Looks like the standard start of an advance fee fraud scam. We do see text used as a starting point for these scams from time to time.

If it follows the standard course, the scammers would tell you that they need your help in setting up a multi-million dollar donation fund and distributing the money to charity. As a reward for your assistance, you will be eligible for a percentage of the money (which will still be some ridiculously large amount. In another variation, the scammer claims to be a wealthy person (often, but not always, a major lottery winner) who has somehow decided to donate a portion of the money to you.

Of course there will inevitably be fees or payments to be made before the money can be distributed, and you will be required to put up the cash. In the end, the only money to change hands would be your own--going straight into the scammers' pockets.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.