Information on romance scams and scammers.
#77935 by clever Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:10 pm

The fake person, the scammer calles himself Steven Noah. He is a widdow.
The real person, that is NOT a scammer is called Steven Gainey. He is happily married.

- clever -
working for a safer place in cyberspace
Advertisement

#183123 by bayoubaby9171 Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:14 am
Someone using these military photos has friended me on facebook under the name "Powell Gainey".... claims to be widowed...Has not asked for money yet but has asked me what do I do and I kind of got the feeling he was "phishing" so I am avoiding telling him anything....I have been asked by a few others for money out right claiming to be US ARMY....So sad to see our service men getting used this way...Only reason I am on this site is because I got a hit on the photo that brought me here on a reversed photo search on google so I just thought would give a heads up just in case is just another alias!!! Thank you
#279816 by Babiegirl2016 Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:40 pm
clever wrote:Image

The fake person, the scammer calles himself Steven Noah. He is a widdow.
The real person, that is NOT a scammer is called Steven Gainey. He is happily married.

I was contacted by this man 7months ago and we were talking but because I couldn't send him any more money he quit talking to me but the pictures on here are the same ones I have he sent to me I would like to know what I can do about it
#279817 by HillBilly Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm
Babiegirl2016 wrote:I was contacted by this man 7months ago and we were talking but because I couldn't send him any more money he quit talking to me but the pictures on here are the same ones I have he sent to me I would like to know what I can do about it

Hi and welcome, Babiegirl2016.

The best thing you can do Babiegirl2016 is to post his information as a warning to others ( even if it still the same as what others have posted. Email address(es), phone #(s), Skype or Yahoo IM identifiers, f/b, and copies of the actual emails he sent to you ( removing your personal information before posting). That way others searching for his information can find it, and see him for the scammer he is ( sounds like you did the same thing). The fact is the more the merrier :)

Also just drop contact with the criminal. Block his email address(es), don't accept any new friend invites on social networks ((these will likely be him or some of his buddies), block phone #'s. He now thinks of you as a fish that was biting his bait and he thinks you will eventually take the bait if he lets it stay there long enough. So you need to outsmart him :D

Edit to add:
I just noticed in your original post it says "More money". I'm sorry to hear you were scammed by this criminal. There is not much hope of getting your money back, sorry to say. Depending on what country you live in you can report the crime in the USA to the IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx or
Action Fraud in the UK : http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

There are other agencies in other countries, but its kind of hard to list them all. If you tell us what country you live in ( if it isn't one of the 2 listed) we can point you to the proper place to report the crime.