The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#181954 by Deaflag1 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:16 pm
Hi, this is Deadflag1 from 419eater and I was told to come here with this issue. In the course of an email exchange, I received this passport:

It looks to be pretty genuine, and a quick google search turned up a Facebook profile that natched the name, birthplace and appearance of the woman on the passport (https://www.facebook.com/rachelmargaret.goddard.3
). It says she lives in Parakou, Benin, and her friendlist seems to be composed almost completely of young, mainly male, Beninese people. This would be no problem normally, but her identity being used in a scam leads me to think that she may have been scammed and her identity stolen. Does anyone here have any advice on what to do/thoughts on the passport itself?
Advertisement

#182162 by Michael Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:28 pm
Hi Deadflag1, welcome to scamwarners. Thanks for posting the passport here :D I'm afraid there is not much we can do about the passport, the damage has been done. What we (you) can do however is to post the emails and email addresses used in the scam, that way people can find the information here when researching the name. If the name is linked to online scams, scammers will eventually have to pick another name which will stop the abuse of this document. That's about it, I'm afraid :?

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored