Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#238450 by givemelime Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:13 pm
Hi. I have some new emails to add to your list. If this is in the wrong thread, I apoligise. I tried searching, but too many common words apparently.

Karen Nink <[email protected]>
Feb 17

We saw your Information on job board site and we think that you are good applicant for us.
Today We have a vacancy of administrative assistants.
Our Company, is an affiliate of a major global goods distributor so this job opportunity will implicate sales support for arrangements held in Australia.

For the part-time opening you will get up to 3500 AUD per month plus bonuses. For for full-time position - 5500 AUD per month plus bonuses. Work schedule is flexible.

Requirements are: PC with access to the Internet; basic Excel skills the software must be pre-installed; interpersonal and communication skills.

If you are interested, please write to us at: [email protected] .

Thank you for your attention!

Based on the timing, I presume my email was snatched from SEEK, as I haven't been applying anywhere else for the last few weeks. I did google the sender's email as I little suspicious and got this:

http://www.meditationteachers.org/Direc ... ectory.pdf - (second person listed within). I opted to not call the number and just contact the provided email and see if I could get more information:

************ <************@gmail.com>
Feb 17

to Camilla33905

Good morning,

My name is **** *****. I was contacted by a Karen Nink earlier today in regard to job opportunity. I was advised to contact this email if I wished to discuss it further. I am indeed interested.

If you could tell me a little more about this role, such as my expected duties, the company of which this opportunity comes from and the like, that would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Two days later, I received a reply:

Daisy Hicks <[email protected]>
1:13 PM (20 hours ago)

Dear **** *******,

We would like to offer position of Administrative Assistant at our company. Please, find more information about us and this position below.

LMP is a leading distributor of finest designer goods. Currently it is one of the most important specializing in online sales. With more than 5 years of experience in the designer goods industry. We offer a continuous renovation in our collections, following the latest trends in each country and season, thus satisfying the demand of clients. We always keep in mind that prices are an important factor when it comes to sales.

We are looking for a responsible person in Australia who will be ready to incur all necessary activities. Our candidate should be highly motivated. We believe that the experience is not the most important thing. The key to success is a fresh look and bold ideas!

The main duties of Administrative Assistant:

- Helping Entity's Sales Department as a special projects support
- Data entry and other functions as specified in the instruction
- Running reports for all completed deals and wire transfers
- Providing overall administrative maintenance such as making of letters, processing purchase orders and transaction reports etc.
- Emailing correspondence every day

Hours: Full-time or part-time schedule possible. Your schedule can be irregular. For a part time variant - you will spend 3 hours per day average, from Monday to Friday.

Salary: Essential pay for a part time job is 840AUD on a weekly basis
plus 5 percent commission. Full-time job pay is 1300AUD on a weekly basis plus commission.

You will be on Probation period for your first month.

I'm sending you Application Form and short presentation of LMP(you can find it attached to this email). You can find full job description in the brochure(pages: 5,6,7). Please read it carefully, complete and send it back to me via email or by fax +1-972-294-3760. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Daisy Hicks

Along with the email were an application form and a .pdf brochure detailing what the company did, further description of the job being offered and the pay structure. It almost sounded too good to be true, and well, you know the saying. I attempted to find the company online, as I had only been provided with "LMP" and the brochure hadn't unabbreviated it, nor had I seen any ABN within the documentation either.

After copy+pasting a portion of the brochure into google, it led me to this site. My only thought at this time is what are they after? Are they trying to scam you of money-- and if so, how--, or do they want your details for the purpose of identity theft?
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split. Op notified.
Advertisement

#238452 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners givemelime,

In this scam the scammer does not want to steal your money. He wants you to help him steal other peoples money. He wants you to receive wire transfers for him then forward it to a third party. This is a money mule/money laundering scam.

Please meet your potential employers face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#238453 by givemelime Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 pm
Aye. After being unemployed for six months, you get sort of desperate, which leads to sloppiness. Does it mean anything that I was able to google the initial email address and find an attached photograph and mobile number of the potential owner of it?
#238454 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:41 pm
The photograph will be of a victim. A scammer does not identify himself.

The phone number may be a Voip. If you send it to me or post it I will check.

Some of these scams work a different way. The scammer will tell you that you need to purchase software or tools. He will send you a fake and have you wire money via Western Union or Moneygram to the fake supplier.

Another method is for you to print and/or mail the fake checks.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#239549 by Maree Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:12 am
I just had a similar email, but from a different email.
I had a feeling it was a scam just by the email saying "form name" I still had some hope.
I recived this email just before (3pm QLD)

[email protected]

- Hello,

Form name: PositionAlert
========================================

Message text:
-----------------
Hello
Today our Company has a new job employment of administrative assistants.
Our Company,LMP, is an affiliate of main global goods distributor so the offered position will implicate sales customer support for arrangements held in Australia.

For the part-time opening you will have up to 3500 AUD per month plus bonuses. For for full-time basis - 5500 AUD per month plus bonuses. Working time is flexible.

Requirements are: computer with Internet access; Excel skills the software must be pre-installed; negotiation experience.

If you are interested, please write to us back.

Hope to hear from you soon!
-----------------

IP: 5.29.237.104
Date: 02.28.2015, 2:43 AM
========================================

Best regards.

:roll:
#239564 by vonpaso xlura Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:17 am
This is a gang of Russian scammers who previously used the letters KDL, MLC, OLT. Look around the site for kdl-goods and mlc-work.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#239878 by danielcr666 Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 pm
This is another email to look out for.

[email protected]

Dear ******,

We have received your Application Form and would like to consider you for the position of administrative assistant/sales support. Please find more information about our company and this position below.

LMP is a leading distributor of top designer goods. Currently it is one of the most important specializing in online sales. At LMP, we buy and sell fabulous designer brand handbags, watches, jewelry and more at prices far below original retail. The items are sold through established websites such as amazon, eBay, yahoo, and more. Our Houston boutique and online store carry all the top brand names in luxury men's and women's accessories, including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Tod's, Mikimoto, Christian Dior, Fendi, Burberry, Chloe, Marc Jacobs, YSL, Prada, Gucci and more. We also pay premium prices for your authentic pre-owned designer bags, shoes, luggage, and accessories, including highly sought-after limited-edition and vintage items. We also specialize in buying and selling pre-owned jewelry and watches from Tiffany, Cartier, Rolex, David Yurman, and other makers.

We are looking for a responsible person who will be ready to incur all necessary activities. Our candidate should be highly motivated. We believe that the experience is not the most important thing. The key to success is a fresh look and bold ideas!

• Incorporating effective priorities for the virtual office function
• Administer day-to-day financial responsibilities for clients
• Reporting online daily
• Preparing brief summary reports, and weekly financial reports

Salary: Essential pay for a part time job is 840AUD on a weekly basis plus 5 commission. Full-time job pay is 1300AUD on a weekly basis plus 5 commission.

Office: This position is a home-based one, means you`ll get in contact with other Company`s employees online. For the test period our supervisors will provide you assistance online.

You will be on Probation period for your first month. The probation period begins from the moment of incorporation.

I’m sending you the Agreement(you can find it attached to this email). Please read it carefully, sign it, scan and send it back to me via email or by fax +1-972-294-3760. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Daisy Hicks
#242033 by lyn676 Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:41 pm
Thank you Karen for bringing this scam to attention. I also applied for a job threw indeed and received the same email. Alarm bells went off when I read the email but also thought what if I am just being too cautious and miss out on a great opportunity. I done a bit of googling and found your warning. Thank you again for taking the time to warn others.
#242042 by lyn676 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 pm
Job AU AlertD354516:8733

Taylor Mitchell ([email protected])

Add to contacts

14/03/2015

To: ********@live.com.au

[email protected]

LMP Company opens a vacancy of Administrative Assistant. We are an affiliate of a major global goods distributor so this employment will include sales support for arrangements held in Australia.

We have open both, full and part-time positions with flexible time:
- you will have up to 3500 AUD per month plus bonuses for the partial position;
- full-time basis - 5500 AUD monthly plus bonuses.

At this post you will provide all the necessary service and support to our sales department; purchase orders and other reports handling; keep the data of all the purchases and payments; cope with customers in America, Eastern Europe and Asia.

There is a trial period, during which you will be trained and guided. This period is paid. Your training is held online, but additional support will be provided to you via phone.

Minimum Requirements are:
- PC with access to the Internet;
- Excel skills the software must be pre-installed;
- good communication skills and positive motivation.

To get more about, please reply to us at: [email protected]
Resume will be a great plus for our HR team.
Thank you!
LMP Team.
#242043 by lyn676 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:23 pm
I wonder if the 'paid trial period' on my response email for the job I applied for is a way of getting my bank details 'so they can pay me'.
#248636 by Claire Y Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:17 am
Had a very similar e-mail today, from a different address...

Subject: AU129P38881884.1767

Administrative Assistant is in esse at this moment for full and part-time employment post.

Our Company is a global goods resaler that is why your central duties will be connected with sales support for arrangements held in Australia: keep the records of all the deals and orders payment; directly corporate with customers in USA, Eastern Europe and Asia; do all the necessary service and support to our selling department.

You will be paid up to 3500 AUD monthly plus addition for the part-time opening and full-time vacancy - 5500 AUD per month plus addition.
Our Company has a trial period, during which you will be trained and guided. This period is also paid.

Conditions are easy. You just need to have personal computer with access to the Internet, also basic Excel skills (the software must be pre-installed), interpersonal and communication skills.

Please answer to us to get more details at: [email protected]
CV will be a plus for our Company.

Thank you for attention!
LMP Team.

If it wasn't for the very bad English and terrible e-mail addresses I'd say this is a decent scam; it's easy to lose track of what jobs you've applied for.

As above, I reckon they got my address from seek.com.au
#249346 by mdzd Tue May 05, 2015 4:04 am
thanks for sharing karen, i received the same e-mail...

Code: Select allDear **** ******,

We would like to offer position of Administrative Assistant at our company. Please, find more information about us and this position below.

LMP is a leading distributor of finest designer goods. Currently it is one of the most important specializing in online sales.  With more than 5 years of experience in the designer goods industry. We offer a continuous renovation in our collections, following the latest trends in each country and season, thus satisfying the demand of clients. We always keep in mind that prices are an important factor when it comes to sales.

We are looking for a responsible person in Australia who will be ready to incur all necessary activities. Our candidate should be highly motivated. We believe that the experience is not the most important thing. The key to success is a fresh look and bold ideas!

- Helping Entity's Sales Department as a special projects support
- Data entry and other functions as specified in the instruction
- Running reports for all completed deals and wire transfers
- Providing overall administrative maintenance such as making of letters, processing purchase orders and transaction reports etc.
- Emailing correspondence every day

Hours: Full-time or part-time schedule possible. Your schedule can be irregular. For a part time variant - you will spend 3 hours per day average, from Monday to Friday.

Salary: Essential pay for a part time job is 840AUD on a weekly basis
plus 5 percent commission. Full-time job pay is 1300AUD on a weekly basis plus commission.

You will be on Probation period for your first month.

I'm sending you Application Form and short presentation of LMP(you can find it attached to this email). You can find full job description in the brochure(pages: 5,6,7). Please read it carefully, complete and send it back to me via email or by fax +1-832-242-3250. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Grace Madsen
[email protected]