Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#228038 by elizza Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:06 am
I received a job offer from this man and decided to check him out. I noticed that I found the same name mentioned here. The job offer is in Canada. I checked out the phone number he provided and it does not belong to David Romms. Please be very careful of this man. First this man needs a nanny and now he needs someone to take care of his sister. I will post what he emailed to me...

Dear Applicant,

PLEASE, i need you to read carefully and understand as i need very serious and compassionate caregiver for my sister and make sure you understand the message properly. If you are still interested, email me the required information as i am presently unable to reach you on phone as i am DEAF and i am presently attending a seminar,which will go on for days but i promise to text you with my cell number.

You can text me on this number also (919) 391-8835 ) This will be the only means of our conversation. I have received your resume message. My Sister(Elizabeth Romms by name)will be moving into a new apartment in some days, she is 72 and she weighs 140lbs, 5.8ft and she speaks English fluently. Her present medical record has been filed and will be available to you on your first day at work,We really need you to be honest and trustworthy on this.I will provide you with the apartment address as soon as we reach an agreement.

The job Description are below.

- You are to be checking on My Sister at least 4 times in a week to provide her proper care and to know how well she's doing concerning her health since you have medical knowledge/experience.
- You will be earning $20/hr(re decided) and you are to work 5 hours a day.

- You will be driving her to the hospital(one she will be registered with when she arrives) for proper medical check up at least once/twice in in a month depending on the hospital and if you don't know how to
drive or does not have a driver's license, a good driver will be provided with a car.

-- Your working days will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. You will have to determine the convenient 5hrs during each of this days,which will not affect your other regular job(if you have any) as this will be a part time job for you and if you want to live with her in the house, it should not be a problem because i feel a residing companion isn't a bad idea.

You will help her get some basic needs like one touch basic machine, acu-check machine and test trips in any nearest store around which brings about the idea of us wanting to pay you the first week wages upfront with a Certified Check which will also include the fees for all these needs.I Will want you to provide the required information's below so that we can ensure you are ready for the work.

1) Full Name:
2) Contact Address(P.O.Box not accepted):
3) CITY:
4) Province:
5) Zip code:
6) Current Job:
7) Cell and Home Number #:
8) Background record if available:

The apartment should be ready for her soon if things go as planned, will keep you posted on that in case you wanna go check it out before she arrives. I will also want to bring to your attention that the person in charge of the apartment is not presently in the Province and want the fee for the apartment transferred to her ,so the fee for the apt will be included in the check. Once you get it, cash it at your bank, take out your first week wage and the fee for the basic needs then get the rest sent to the appt agent. I will also provide you with her arrival details so as to know when your work begins. All things been equal, should not be later than next week. please get back to me with the required information so as for me to be sure i have gotten a suitable and reputable care giver for my sister.

God Bless
David Romms
Advertisement

#228151 by vonpaso xlura Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:08 am
The phone number is not in Canada. It is in North Carolina. The man is West African. He is probably not deaf, but says he is because his accent would make it hard for North Americans to understand him.

The sister does not exist. The appt agent is a character played by the scammer. The check is fake. The only real thing is the remainder of money sent to the scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#228152 by AlanJones Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:14 am
Not only is the number (919) 391-8835 (+19193918835) in NC rather than Canada, it is a VoIP number, which means that is can be answered anywhere in the world where there is a fast Internet connection.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#248034 by watchful eyes Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:25 pm
Hi Elizza,
Thank God, I followed my instinct. Just in a wink of my eye, I was about to send my reply to this certain David Romms but I have this little question in my head about the person's requests of my informations and his details so just before I click sent to my already typed reply with my infos, I checked google first abt the authenticity of the person and lo, what a surprise, I am seeing exactly the same letter he sent you.
In my head, I question his phone number, it's not in Canada, secondly, he is asking for a lot of my infos and I don't have any of his and his format is the same as the other scammers requesting of personal details without meeting the person first. Thirdly, why all the checks involve and the apt without meeting me first, usually this comes after the person is satisfied with you.
Anyways, this Scam Warners forum did its job ! Credits!!!now I have to post exact letter he sent me. His email add that he used is: [email protected]

Dear Applicant,

PLEASE, i need you to read carefully and understand as i need very serious and compassionate caregiver for my sister and make sure you understand the message properly. If you are still interested, email me the required information as i am presently unable to reach you on phone as i am DEAF and i am presently attending a seminar,which will go on for days but i promise to text you with my cell number.

You can text me on this number also (434) 481-0506 ) This will be the only means of our conversation. I have received your resume message. My Sister(Elizabeth Romms by name)will be moving into a new apartment in some days, she is 72 and she weighs 140lbs, 5.8ft and she speaks English fluently. Her present medical record has been filed and will be available to you on your first day at work,We really need you to be honest and trustworthy on this.I will provide you with the apartment address as soon as we reach an agreement.

The job Description are below.

- You are to be checking on My Sister at least 4 times in a week to provide her proper care and to know how well she's doing concerning her health since you have medical knowledge/experience.

- You will be earning $20/hr(re decided) and you are to work 5 hours a day.

- You will be driving her to the hospital(one she will be registered with when she arrives) for proper medical check up at least once/twice in in a month depending on the hospital and if you don't know how to

drive or does not have a driver's license, a good driver will be provided with a car.

-- Your working days will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. You will have to determine the convenient 5hrs during each of this days,which will not affect your other regular job(if you have any) as this will be a part time job for you and if you want to live with her in the house, it should not be a problem because i feel a residing companion isn't a bad idea.

You will help her get some basic needs like one touch basic machine, acu-check machine and test trips in any nearest store around which brings about the idea of us wanting to pay you the first week wages upfront with a Certified Check which will also include the fees for all these needs.I Will want you to provide the required information's below so that we can ensure you are ready for the work.

1) Full Name:

2) Contact Address(P.O.Box not accepted):

3) CITY:

4) Province:

5) Zip code:

6) Current Job:

7) Cell and Home Number #:

8) Background record if available:

The apartment should be ready for her soon if things go as planned, will keep you posted on that in case you wanna go check it out before she arrives. I will also want to bring to your attention that the person in charge of the apartment is not presently in the Province and want the fee for the apartment transferred to her ,so the fee for the apt will be included in the check. Once you get it, cash it at your bank, take out your first week wage and the fee for the basic needs then get the rest sent to the appt agent. I will also provide you with her arrival details so as to know when your work begins. All things been equal, should not be later than next week. please get back to me with the required information so as for me to be sure i have gotten a suitable and reputable care giver for my sister.

God Bless

David Romms
#248042 by vonpaso xlura Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:53 pm
+1-434-481-0506 is in Stanardsville, Virginia. Glad we could help!

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10