Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#257822 by itsray Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:23 pm
So i've been looking for jobs on craigslist. i got a similar one of these earlier today. i might play around with them to piss them off. (i did receive legit phone calls for real jobs in my area and have interviews tomorrow and later)

but this is what i got right now in my email.........

Hello there,

Thanks for checking my Job ad and for writing as well.My name is Terry Jackson but am hard on hearing,though I read lips and know the sign language(I believe this shouldn't be a hindrance in us working together if you are interested in filling up the position).I am into the sales of Wedding Gowns and some other wedding apparatus as well,been doing this for about few years now and I feel it's time i have a shop space of mine.Presently,am in the process of completing payment for a shop space and I need someone I can trust and work with as my assistant,who is reliable,patient and has good communication skills.

I have received a lot of responses in regards to the job position Ad,however you seem suitable for the job position.Should you be interested in working with me,I expect you to be of good character and must follow instructions as laid out to you.Some of the duties to be performed include;

* Answering phones
* Data Entry
* Greeting Customers
* Sales and Record Keeping
* Organizing and maintaining files in an orderly fashion
* Taking payments etc.

You will be working only Five days a week and that will be from Mondays-Fridays,starting from 8.30.a.m - 4.p.m.There will be a 30mins break each day for lunch or whatever the case might be.Your Wage is stipulated at

Send your full information to [email protected]

Weekly Pay=====$650/wk
Meal Subsidy====$50/day

That being said,am a simple person and I believe that you will enjoy working with me as working with me is about understanding and loyalty.Presently,I have my hands filled up as i have some Gowns coming in this new-week for some customers who already made payment and also some other gowns that will be going to the New store once I complete payment upon arrival with the Gowns.I sincerely hope that you can work with me and if you are interested in this position,kindly get back to me with the following information below so we can proceed with getting acquainted.However,please NOTE that payment will only commence after a week of starting out as i need to ascertain your efficiency and loyalty.

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS,Include Apt # If Available(No PO.BOX please):
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#
EMAIL ADDRESS:
SEX:

****YOU ARE TO REPLY DIRECTLY TO MY PERSONAL EMAIL****[email protected]

I will be looking forward to your response and till then, remain Blessed and have a wonderful day.

Yours Sincerely,

Terry Jackson
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#257840 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:39 am
Do not play with scammers using your real-life name, email address, phone number, or anything else. This one is obviously African, but he may know someone near you, and if you get him pissed-off enough, he may retaliate. Just ignore any further messages from him/her.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#258157 by Mike Wilson Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:13 am
Money mule scam where you receive a fake check and them wire the shipping fee to an accomplice.

Hello John SMith,
Thanks for getting back asap but sorry for the late response i have been down with flu that is why am writing you late,i must say it's a big relief for me that you are also interested and willing to work with me as it has not been easy to get someone to fill out this position.For effective and efficient business relationship between us,i need to know if i can earn your trust and reliability now that you will be handling some financial transactions in the course of executing your duties.You will be resuming at the Office in 7 working days time as soon as i have concluded payment of the shop Space,so for this week that is going to an end you will only be running some errands within for me pending your resumption at the office next week.
As said in my previous mail,some Gowns are to be delivered to the new shop and some respective buyers who already made payment in advance.i need you to make the balance for the shipping of the Gowns once i have been informed of it's delivery,i will be sending some funds which will include your first week's salary in case you need to move around,you are to have the balance sent to the Shipping Agent after you have deducted half of your week salary and extra $50 for running around if needed.I will let you have the Information you need as soon as arrangements have been concluded.I also need you to confirm your information again below so there won't be any error as it's going to be delivered to your Info.Once i get your confirmation,i will make contact for the check to be mailed out to you immediately,surely won't want us to disappoint our buyers!
I sent this information before however, im assuming you haven't received it. Please reply so I can assure you've received my email.
Please Reconfirm and get back to me ASAP

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#258509 by Mike Wilson Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:53 pm
Hello johm SMith,

Hope this meets you well.Thanks for getting back to me I also want to thank you for your understanding and patience.Anyways,in regards to our arrangement and your task,I just received a notification from the sender and USPS stating that the package has been shipped out. You should be receiving today Tuesday 30th of June by 12noon so kindly be on the look out for it delivery..Here is the Tracking Number -(947010xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

You can have it tracked on (http://www.usps.com) Once you receive it,kindly follow the Instructions below so there won't be any mishaps.

1.You are to take the check to your Bank and have it deposited for immediate payment and then ask when the funds will be available or better still,you can collect the cash if you have the funds available right away.(Please be advised that the Check is for ($2,650.50)

2.You will be sending the amount of $2,300.50 to the Shipping Agent(Will provide you with the Information once I receive a mail from you that you have the funds at hand).

I want to make sure that I confirm movement of the Gowns before I balance up the charges or what do you think?Also have a client who wants a refund as she won't be going through her wedding anymore.Still waiting to hear from her though,hence am not sure if we might need to send her the funds.(Let me know when you have the funds).

Kindly reply to confirm you received this update and keep me informed as well.Thanks so much for your anticipation with understanding. I sincerely appreciate!

Kind Regard
Terry Jackson

The check will be forged or stolen.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#258690 by ssalas16 Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Ugh I got the exact same message! It just annoys me how these scammers prey on innocent people who are really looking for work and they take advantage of it.

Hello there,

Thanks for checking my Job ad and for writing as well.My name is Terry Jackson but am hard on hearing,though I read lips and know the sign language(I believe this shouldn't be a hindrance in us working together if you are interested in filling up the position).I am into the sales of Wedding Gowns and some other wedding apparatus as well,been doing this for about few years now and I feel it's time i have a shop space of mine.Presently,am in the process of completing payment for a shop space and I need someone I can trust and work with as my assistant,who is reliable,patient and has good communication skills.

I have received a lot of responses in regards to the job position Ad,however you seem suitable for the job position.Should you be interested in working with me,I expect you to be of good character and must follow instructions as laid out to you.Some of the duties to be performed include;

* Answering phones
* Data Entry
* Greeting Customers
* Taking payments etc.

You will be working only Five days a week and that will be from Mondays-Fridays,starting from 8.30.a.m - 4.p.m.There will be a 30mins break each day for lunch or whatever the case might be.Your Wage is stipulated at

Weekly Pay=====$650/wk
Meal Subsidy====$50/day

That being said,am a simple person and I believe that you will enjoy working with me as working with me is about understanding and loyalty.Presently,I have my hands filled up as i have some Gowns coming in this new-week for some customers who already made payment and also some other gowns that will be going to the New store once I complete payment upon arrival with the Gowns.I sincerely hope that you can work with me and if you are interested in this position,kindly get back to me with the following information below so we can proceed with getting acquainted.However,please NOTE that payment will only commence after a week of starting out as i need to ascertain your efficiency and loyalty.

FULL NAMES:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#
EMAIL ADDRESS:
SEX:

I will be looking forward to your response and till then, remain Blessed and have a wonderful day.

Yours Sincerely,

Terry Jackson
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#271725 by Lilizar1 Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:03 am
I was on Craigslist under Admin Jobs in LA County and found this listing under "Receptionist Front Desk Position". The email that responded to me was under [email protected]. The message he sent me was the same as the others. He just said to email him back at his "personal email" [email protected]
Ugh so frustrating how their seriously doing this to people who need a job. This is what he sent me. I did reply back to it but without my address because I wanted to know where he was located, then decided to google him and of course it's a scam. Annoying. Now I will be ignoring his emails.

"
Hello there,

* Answering phones
* Data Entry
* Greeting Customers
* Taking payments etc.

Weekly Pay=====$650/wk
Meal Subsidy====$50/day

FULL NAMES:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#
EMAIL ADDRESS:
SEX:

Yours Sincerely,

Terry Jackson

"