Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#255922 by simps214 Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:06 am
I received an e-mail from "Michael Mell" in the course of applying for clerical positions in the Metro-Detroit area. However, his scam has gone nation-wide according to ripoffreport. Michael Mell claims to represent JD Firm/JSM Consulting and his e-mail is [email protected].

Here is the laughable e-mail:

Hello [my name],

I hope you are doing well! I am emailing you regarding the resume you posted online. I am currently consulting for a couple small businesses and assisting with several business developments in Troy, MI. After reviewing your resume, I think you would be a good fit for one of the several positions currently available. The primary position currently available is for a full time Benefits Representative, the average starting wage is around $60,000 a year. I am in the office Friday and was wondering if I could contact you for a five minute phone interview between 1:00-2:00pm? Or is there a better time to call you at [my phone number].

Also, just so you know, there are no fees for you to use my service, assisting small businesses in finding qualified top-notch employees is included with my consulting fees which are covered by the business. If you find that these positions are not the right fit for you, no worries, I work with a number of other businesses and I may have another client that is hiring in the near future. Are you only looking for work in the 48207 area? Would you consider other areas?

I look forward to speaking to you!

JM Firm
Michael Mell
Phone: 414-600-1123
Advertisement

#262078 by JRadusch Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Sorry if I'm dredging up a month-old topic, but I've gotten a similar email, and decided to look it up because the wording was odd. It came from a different email, and had options to "unsubscribe" from getting emails, but otherwise the wording was the exact same.

Hello [name],

I hope you are doing well! I am emailing you regarding the resume you posted online. I am currently consulting for a couple small businesses and assisting with several business developments in Lafayette, LA. After reviewing your resume, I think you would be a good fit for one of the several positions currently available. The primary position currently available is for a full time Benefits Representative, the average starting wage is around $60,000 a year. I am in the office Friday and was wondering if I could contact you for a five minute phone interview between 1:00-2:00pm? Or is there a better time to call you at [it didn't even have my number here, it's just blank]

Also, just so you know, there are no fees for you to use my service, assisting small businesses in finding qualified top-notch employees is included with my consulting fees which are covered by the business. If you find that these positions are not the right fit for you, no worries, I work with a number of other businesses and I may have another client that is hiring in the near future. Are you only looking for work in the 70820 area? Would you consider other areas?

I look forward to speaking to you and please note you are receiving this email because you are registered with us on http://msjconsultingofusa.com/work.php, in the event you are no longer interested in employment please be sure to click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email.

JSM Consulting
Michael Mell
Phone: 414-600-1123
#262090 by HannahsDad Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 pm
^
You are not alone!

There have been over 3000 views of their BBB entry this month (they are not BBB accredited).
30-day Inquiry Snapshot View - 3040 view(s) since 30/06/2015

There are 2 domains: JSM Consulting, LLC at http://msjconsultingofusa.com and the older jsmfirm.com which takes you to http://msjconsultingofusa.com

LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelmell608

#273921 by HannahsDad Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:38 pm
How did you do that?

I assume you bumped it because Mr Mell is asking everyone to remove their posts.

My response was:

I don't know about the BBB, but anyone sending unsolicited emails recruiting:
"Benefits Representative, the average starting wage is around $60,000 a year."
is almost certainly recruiting money mules.
Last edited by HannahsDad on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

#273952 by michaelmell608 Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:16 pm
Mod Note: This post was made by the scammer himself or an associate in order to continue his scams. He is trying to keep what victims he may have.

The physical address of JSM Consulting is 8383 Greenway BlVD Suite 600 in Middleton WI
The phone number was purchased through Vonage so yes it is a VOIP I would be happy to provide any other information to the Admin. I have proof that the person that made this post was not being honest and he has requested that the original post be removed.

DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE CINCINNATI OH 45999-0023

JSM CONSULTING LLC
MICHAEL MELL MBR
8383 GREENWAY BLVD STE 600 MIDDLETON, WI 53562
#273954 by michaelmell608 Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 pm
Mod Note: This post was made by the scammer himself or an associate in order to continue his scams. He is trying to keep what victims he may have.

I am not a scammer and reach directly out to the scam warners which referred me to you Bryon Williams I have been completely upfront with you in providing information about me or my company and even showed you were the poster of the original post is asking that it be removed. I don't think that right at all that you post "Don't tell the scammer about this post" after I contacted you very respectfully and gave you all of my information in advance

Re: JM Firm/JSM Consulting w/ Michael Mell-SCAM
Sent: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:07 pm
To: michaelmell608 -

simps214
Registered Member

I emailed the administrators requesting the post be removed. However, once a post is old and gets a response the user can't remove it without them so you're deadline is unreasonable.

Also, I just copied and pasted an email claiming to offer 5 figures but no job description/qualifications. I apologize if I was wrong in thinking it a scam but can you blame me?

I'll let you know when the administrators respond.

Bryon Williams wrote:414-600-1123 Voip
#273958 by Bryon Williams Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:26 am
^^^^ Actually you threatened both members to remove the post. Which got you banned.

You have still failed to tell me in PM's where you are registered and licensed.

Why do you keep avoiding to answer the question?

Why would I need to set up an appointment to call you about this. Truly a business man is always available. Especially one wanting possible negative information remove.

Your address shows different business.
http://www.cfstaffing.com/contact_cfs/Wisconsin/

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#273970 by Tim Atem Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:18 am
^^^ A couple of questionable websites also have that address as their "location" and so do 4 other businesses that I found so far, all in suite 600 ... interesting. White Pages show a completely different phone number for the company, too.

There are numerous complaints on the BBB website for SPAM as well. There were also updates by the people who complained about being threatened by JSM after posting their complaints, and JSM also posted threats to the customers as well.

If a job staffing company is located in Madison, WI - why would you be recruiting in Florida, New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan among other states? That makes no sense.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#273971 by Tim Atem Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:34 am
There are no businesses registered in Wisconsin with either the name JSM Consulting or Michael Mell.

Edited: corrected

There was at one time, but it was dissolved in 2010

Vital Statistics
Entity ID J026673
Registered
Effective Date 09/23/2004
Period of Existence PER
Status Administratively Dissolved Request a Certificate of Status
Status Date 09/14/2010
Entity Type Domestic Limited Liability Company
Annual Report
Requirements Limited Liability Companies are required to file an Annual Report under s. 183.0120, WI Statutes.

Addresses
Registered Agent
Office
JEFFREY S MCCARRIER
3831 CANADA GOOSE CROSSING
RACINE , WI 53403

and then new one;

Vital Statistics
Entity ID J037832
Registered
Effective Date 09/29/2012
Period of Existence PER
Status Organized Request a Certificate of Status
Status Date 09/29/2012
Entity Type Domestic Limited Liability Company
Annual Report
Requirements Limited Liability Companies are required to file an Annual Report under s. 183.0120, WI Statutes.

Addresses
Registered Agent
Office
MICHAEL MELL SR.
8383 GREENWAY BLVD
MIDDLETON , WI 53562

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#274029 by AlanJones Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:02 pm
The email address [email protected] leads to a fake profile on Facebook for - Jason Sam Michael - https://www.facebook.com/jasonsam.michael.

From theWhoIs for msjconsultingofusa.com:
Creation Date: 22-nov-2014
Expiration Date: 22-nov-2015

Registrant Name: Michael Mell
Registrant Organization: JSM Consulting
Registrant Street: 330 Hummingbird Ln.
Registrant City: Madison
Registrant State/Province: Wisconsin
Registrant Postal Code: 53714
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.6083954004
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

From the WhoIs for jsmfirm.com:
Creation Date: 28-sep-2012
Expiration Date: 28-sep-2016

Registrant Organization: Michael Mell Promotions
Registrant Street: 330 Hummingbird Ln.
Registrant Phone: 6083954004
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:

From the WhoIs for michaelmell.com:
Creation Date: 26-apr-2011
Expiration Date: 26-apr-2016

Registrant Organization: Michael Mell Promotions
Registrant Street: 330 Hummingbird
Registrant Phone: 608-446-3924
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:

michaelmell.com also forwards to msjconsultingofusa.com.

Phone number from msjconsultingofusa.com +12626187003.

JSM Consulting, LLC was founded in late 2012 by Michael, Jason, and Sam. Together, they combine experiences in small business management, business marketing, and financial management.

msjconsultingofusa.com has no physical address on it.

From http://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/mich ... 4c246f5312
Michael T Mell
Address: 330 Hummingbird Ln
City: Madison
State: WI
Zip Code: 53714

We have detected that Michael T Mell, a resident of Madison, Wisconsin has been charged by Dane County, with charges of Retail Theft Intentionally Take(<=$2500) and Retail Theft Intentionally Take(<=$2500).

Charge 1: Retail Theft Intentionally Take(<=$2500) Charging County: Dane, WI Charge Date: 03/20/2012
Charge 2: Retail Theft Intentionally Take(<=$2500) Charging County: Dane, WI Charge Date: 03/20/2012

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#276656 by goodnews Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:57 pm
Hey all,

I am currently building a case against Michael to have him removed from LinkedIn entirely. I also plan on reporting him to the FTC and FCC for poor business practices and mass spam e-mail.

Yesterday morning I received an e-mail from the company Nextdoor, it was an invitation to join the website from Michael Mell. He claims to be representing Nextdoor on LinkedIn, but is in fact sending out referral links in order to get $50 Amazon gift cards from the company. Since then I have been researching who Michael is, and came across this thread and many others like it. As someone currently seeking employment, I find it extremely offensive that he's praying on folks like myself. I assume he got my e-mail address while scraping resumes online.

On Monday I'll be calling Nextdoor to confirm that Michael is an independent contractor for the company, as well as several other companies that he claims to be working for/has worked for. I'll be turning over any evidence to LinkedIn in hopes of getting him banned from the website permanently, at the very least getting all of his job descriptions removed.

If anyone has any evidence regarding Michael's poor business practices please don't hesitate to PM me so that I can make a stronger case. Much appreciated!