Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#262671 by Fell_for_it1 Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:22 pm
I was contacted by a recruiter with the following email from "Christine Peterson" [email protected]

After reviewing resumes at websites on the Internet, our managers have added a number of our potential co-workers in their list. Your resume was also included in the list.

On behalf of our Company, I would like to give you a brief description of our offer.

Before sending you the employment agreement I would be happy if you take time to review description outlined therein:
- Title: Operations Coordinator;
- Payment: $2100 on the probationary period (duration - 3 weeks) and $4200 per month when you are employed;
- Shift Hours: on the probation - 9 AM - 1 PM; regular employment - 9 AM - 5 PM.

As for your duties they will be quite similar to those of the HR representative and will entail ensuring the accuracy of benefits enrollments; filing out papers and documents according to the instructions; managing financial transactions regulated by contracts between the company and clients when it is necessary.

Accepting our job offer will be conditional upon sending us the confirmation email that should include your legal name (for us to check it with our database) and your cell phone number.

We look forward to seeing you in our team and wish you a successful career with our Company.

Truthfully yours,
HR department.

I Then Responded and was replied to by a lady named "Anne Spring":

Inasmuch as you have confirmed your interest in the opening through the email further details of it are now available.
Since one branch office is insufficient for effective work with all our customers in the USA we have decided to hire more employees and open new branch offices in the near future. Your choice of this position can bring you valuable career prospects.

The first step is for you to be placed on probation for a period of at least 3 weeks. Your daily duties are making correspondence, preparing the reports, answering phone calls and learning all the options we offer for training. You will have constant assistance of your direct supervisor over the telephone and through our internal web system. All the documents and reading materials will be available and downloadable in any browser. They will be useful to perform your duties and responsibilities at the proper time and accurately. We ask neither for any equipment to buy (only your laptop or desktop) nor entrance fee (or any other fees to start).

When the probationary period is successfully completed you will become our full-time employee. In pursuance of the contract that is being sent to you upon your request, your first guaranteed payment ($2100) will be sent after three weeks of your probationary period. When you are our full-time employee, you will earn $4200 monthly. Furthermore, upon the successful completion of each task, bonuses will be paid.

Your signature and filling out the required fields in the employment agreement attached should confirm your readiness to start the probation.

Best wishes,
Ann Spring, OF Company HR representative

She sent me an agreement to sign with the details of the job description. I could not find any information on this company so I replied asking for a website. She Provided this:

"Yes, sometimes it's difficult to locate a company with that short name on the web.

The name of the company is OF.

Please visit our official website www.of-company.com to learn more about us."

[b]She also provided a number to call once I requested after looking thru the website. [/b]

"You can reach me today within 7 hours at +1(302)497-0311"

After speaking with her I then asked what the process would be after signing the agreement. She explained that I would need to fill out a direct deposit form for the bank I would want to have an auto draft to. I told her that I would rather have a check mailed. This was her response:

You can receive your payment anyway you like. But as you was informed previously (see my messages and the text of the Employment Agreement) one of your duties will be controlling financial transactions between the company and its employees, customers and investors.

To perform this part of duties successfully you need to have a banking account and some experience of working with banking. After successfully passing the Introductory Period the Company opens a separate business account for the employee in the name of the Company in one of our partners’ banks, and further work is being done through this account.

If you don't have a banking account you can set up a new one specially for the introductory purposes and to study banking transactions specifics. This account must be a regular checking one in your name (not a card account / e-banking / an online account). The recommended banks are Chase (Washington Mutual), Wells Fargo (Wachovia), Suntrust, US Bank, TCF Bank, Regions Bank, HSBC Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Citizens Bank, Capital One, National City Bank, Compass Bank, Commerce Bank, Charter One Bank and Bank of America. The following banks are blacklisted: Meta Bank, Account Now, Bancorp Bank, Centennial Bank and Mercantile Bank.

I will be waiting for the introductory period account information from you.

I am starting to think this is in fact a scam considering that they absolutely need my account info in order to start the "Probationary period"
Advertisement

#262726 by HannahsDad Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:04 am
100% Scam

Of at http://www.of-company.com

OF is a global HR Services Outsourcing & Consulting Group established in UK.
Our expertise spans the entire employment lifecycle – from attraction and communications, managed recruitment and assessment, executive search, executive interim and assessment to coaching, learning and development, consulting solutions and outplacement.
So whatever challenge you face, we can find the answer.

At OF, we make a promise to our customers – a promise to not only meet, but consistently exceed, expectations.</p>

Our energetic, committed team has a depth and diversity of experience, with competence in fields as varied as the humanities, engineering, marketing and business management. OF's team is represented equally by both sexes, and works with a well-rounded perspective.

OF's wide service network is another advantage. With employees in many countries (UK, USA, Eastern Europe), we are able to delight customers everywhere in the world.

As more and more organizations recognise the importance of effective people practices to build their success, demand for our services is growing

As such, we are continually seeking people with the talent and drive needed to build on our strengths and accelerate our growth.

OF employee benefits include:
26 days’ holiday
Private Medical Insurance
Permanent Health Insurance
Group Personal Pension Scheme
Life Assurance (4 x salary)
Employee Assistance Program (for employees and family members)
Call a Doctor (24/7 helpline)
Best Doctor (expert medical information, support and advice)

OF LTD
25 Canada Square Canary Wharf DS5London E14 5LL UNITED KINGDOM
300 Delaware Ave Wilmington, DE 19801 USA
tel.: +1 302 223 3175

Created anonymously 29th June 2015 for 1 year only
In the process of being reported for fraud