Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#262911 by KT99 Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:41 pm
SCAMMER using: [email protected]- :evil:

Red flags include "his" grammar and the last line asking me to buy software. Furthermore, skipped a question on me looking at the website and what companies and accounts I would be working with. This offer was off Upwork.com. GLAD I didn't fall for it. Wouldn't go out and buy hundreds of dollars worth of software for a job....I have the full yahoo conversation "interview" below and have seen a couple other scams of exactly the same commentary. BEWARE!

Good Day Applicant,
Your resume has been successfully received from reviewed and approved by the HR department and we believe you are qualified for an on-line interview via yahoo messenger with the hiring Manager Mr. Johnson-Wheeler, please contact him via yahoo messenger ([email protected]) If you don't have a yahoo ID you are required to set up an account at (mail.yahoo.com) and download an instant messenger (www.messenger.yahoo.com) .
The Positions Available Are : Administrative Assistant.
The schedule time for the interview/briefing exercise is as soon as possible, You are to be available on yahoo messenger(IM) ASAP for the interview, Your swift and timely response to this position matters a lot as the job interview starts ASAP, If you have any questions or you wont be available at the interview ASAP, Please feel free to email Mr. Johnson-Wheeler to reschedule another interview Date.. I wish you best of luck in the interview.
A timely response is appreciated

Thank you
Human Resources
HR Department

Successful creditor rights' company is seeking a responsible, efficient, and organized individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. The candidate will provide general administrative support in day-to-day operations (filing, faxing, scanning, mail, etc.). The candidate will also be supporting a team of Asset Managers and managing a small pool of their own accounts. The candidate must be computer literate and have experience with Microsoft Office suite.

wheeleritcglobaldesk: Hello, how are you doing ?
kendrac66: I am doing well, thank you
wheeleritcglobaldesk: I believe you are ready for the job briefing and interview ?
kendrac66: Yes, I am available and would like to find out more regarding the position.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Before we get on with the job interview, i want you to confirm your name and Location.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: I am Mr. Johnson-Wheeler ,The Hiring manager, ITC Infotech Global Company. wheeleritcglobaldesk: I'm here to brief and interview you more about the opening position.
kendrac66: ok, great!
wheeleritcglobaldesk: ITC Infotech Global Company , is establishing a branch office in your area in the next couple of months.... Hence, we are recruiting via online potential employees who would eventually have an office space
wheeleritcglobaldesk: For now, this is going to be an online and work from home job. The working hours are flexible where you could choose to work from anywhere of your choice .
kendrac66: Ok
wheeleritcglobaldesk: ITC Infotech, a global IT services company, is a fully-owned subsidiary of ITC Limited, the US$ 8 billion diversified conglomerate. ITC Limited is rated among the ‘World's Most Reputable Companies’ by Forbes magazine and among ‘India's Most Valuable Companies’ by Business Today.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: For now this is going to be strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $18,per hour and training is $10 per hour and will be getting payment bi weekly via check or direct deposit (Depending on which you prefer) working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finished reading and understanding every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later.With each line just respond with an Okay.
kendrac66: Okay
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Are you currently employed?
kendrac66: Yes, but have been looking into other positions. My current employment is flexible wheeleritcglobaldesk: Ok
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Will you be able to devote 8 hours of your time to ITC Infotech Global Company . ? At least 4hrs daily?
kendrac66: Absolutly
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Do you have a Printer, Fax Machine,Scanner and a Photocopier?
kendrac66: Yes
wheeleritcglobaldesk: What do you understand by the word"Privacy and code of conduct?
kendrac66: Rules that outline responsibility of practices for an organization. Ethical behavior, standards and procedures and systems of an organization to respect and contributes to welfare of stakeholders. Protects business and information to employees of company expectation...
wheeleritcglobaldesk: What does petty cash mean to you?
kendrac66: Cash that is given for company use and identified by reports and receipts of where and what the cash is used for company expense.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Tell me about yourself and your last/current job/class ?
kendrac66: Well I have had quite a bit of experience in business, account management and business development. I graduated with a business administration degree with a minor in information systems. I am very organized, quick learner and take pride in being reliable to my clients. I built up the current employer from the ground on the current contract for all the workings in the office, i.e, filing, employee paperwork, report management, inventory order and management, etc.
kendrac66: I have worked in account management in logistics nationwide and worked closely with the account being a liaison with nationwide agents, all the way through to final customer. I managed roughly 10-15 accounts.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
kendrac66: I would like to find a definite permanent position within a company.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Do you know your clerical speed?
kendrac66: Probably 45-55wpm I type fairly quickly and accurately
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Good
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel?
kendrac66: Yes, I am very well versed in basic excel. There is always new parts to learn it seems, but basic formulas and functions I am fine with
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Ok
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Do you have the knowledge of printing payable checks
kendrac66: Yes, I have had some experience in accounts payable and did it for a temp position for a company years ago.
kendrac66: Would the position require Quickbooks?
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Yes
wheeleritcglobaldesk: If you are giving a positiong of printing payable and payroll checks using checksoft will you be able to handle the task?
kendrac66: Yes, that wouldn't be a problem. I have used checksoft before.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Good
wheeleritcglobaldesk: You will receive your duties everyday via email and i will be online to assist you with any difficulties.
kendrac66: Okay, good.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY: A/R Printing of payroll checks,records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software, such as faxing or emailing confidently and positive attitude Online from home
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Can you handle All of these duties effectively?
kendrac66: Yes, I can handle these duties effectively.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Good and hope to see the best in you.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: To enable you get started, you are to purchase Checksoft Software 2014 version, Versacheck paper blue prestige and you will be reimbures, your reimburesment will be coming along with your first paycheck
kendrac66: ok
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Once you have purchase all that, you will be attach to your supervisor who will be training you on how to use the software you will be working with.
kendrac66: okay12:19:56 PM wheeleritcglobaldesk: Benefits for include: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts
wheeleritcglobaldesk: You will be enrolled for this benefits after a period of 3 months of working with us.We are going to be communicating through Yahoo! Messenger (IM) till after 7days of working with us, a user and pass will be given to you including an up link to the company server. Also after then list of contact phone numbers to various departments will be sent to you including all neccessary forms to fill out.12:20:57 PM
kendrac66: okay
IM Aug 6, 2015
wheeleritcglobaldesk: You are to forward the following information to enable the secretary register you,Your full name,home address,home and cell Phone number.. Email the requested information to: [email protected]
MY DUMBASS SENT IT BUT REMOVED HERE
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Let me know once that as been completed.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: You will be recieving the company Employee offer letter via e-mail tomorrow to sign.12:29:53 PM
kendrac66: OK
wheeleritcglobaldesk: How soon can you purchase the software you will be working with?
kendrac66: maybe this weekend
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Is there anything I haven't told you about the job or company that you would like to know?
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Here are the Name's of software's you will be needing to purchase : BS 1 Accounting software ,MYOB business essentials software ,Peach Tree Software ( US Patent Single Users Pack ),simply accounting . Microsoft Office Accounting,Sirius GT Accounting For Windows.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: That is all for today. You are to be on Yahoo messenger tomorrow by 8am central time for futher details and to sign the company offer letter.
kendrac66: Okay.
wheeleritcglobaldesk: Have a wonderful day and talk to you tomorrow.
Advertisement

#262950 by vonpaso xlura Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:34 pm
The interviewer's grammar is specifically West African (though we've seen similar from South Africans). Either he wants you to print fake checks, or he's going to have someone send you a fake check which he wants you to forward the money from to a fake software vendor, who is another character played by him.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10