Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#268801 by Nick Malfarepel Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am
Hello!

I have received this email from a lady called Belinda Payne and its very suspicious ([email protected]). I was stupid enough to give her my address and name. What do you think?

Hello Nick

I am so sorry to have responded back late, its due to the nature of my job not being around. Please understand other gurus where also invited for this job just to enable me choose the right candidate but after reviewing all portfolio and resumes' i have decided to award this job to you as i believe you can handle it. Its not some thing really serious as all i need is sweet matured logo for a mini new ice cream joint and also a nice design for my business card and good. I just need you to help develop some thing real good for my business and give me total cost on what it would cost me to enable proceed since money is not a problem. My favorite color is Black but wont mind any color ideas for the job. Beyond the color scheme, I think a logo that would look good on anything would be good - it would look good carved out in stone or wood, look good as an ear ring, on high heels and tennis shoes, look good as a hologram, look good on a T-Shirt, look good on a clothes tag, look good in tye-dye colors, and so on.

Tilizing modern computer graphics, You can make images of the logo in those scenarios - carved out in stone against a black background to see how it would look at night, and against a blue background on a T-shirt to see how it would look in day, and many more combinations like that.Just make me a memorable, easily recognized, and spectacular logo, and put this logo in different colors, carve it out in metal, wood, and stone (on the computer), put it on a sign above a building, and more - And we'll see how it looks on shoes, sandals, the seats of pants, T-Shirts, hats, and more.

More about this business;

Its an ice cream business i want to set up for my inlaw in Florida even though i want to make it a surprise gift. I recently rented the store and its currently under renovation which will be completed by the end of the month. Name of business and details as i want it on the business card and logo is below

Carvel Icecream
Sw 2nd st
Miami Fl 33144-2072
Email: [email protected]
Tel; +1 352-405-0996
Great Tast for all.

You can draft a contract with your total estimate on how much all will cost and also how much is to be deposited to enable proceed with the job so that after the conclusion of the job the rest balance will be paid. I will also like to know if you are into web designing ? i will be needing a site design for this business and include all to the estimate. Please note that i work withing EU and America as a petroleum engineer which makes my work very tasking and i travel alot. I can only make payment by check if that is ok by you, kindly get back to me with your full details which include

Name, address and phone number just as you would want it appear on the check to enable make out a check in your name for the deposit and have it mailed out through express delivery to you and once you receive and confirm the fund then you can proceed with the job. Also note that 1000pcs of business card printed on one sided is what is required.Also remember you are given me estimate for 3 different logos design, 1000 business cards,1000pcs of flyers, web site design if you offer it. Any good graphic design on the logos and the card is welcome. I don't have any specific logo samples to give but ideas are welcome. Also understand that all job and info transaction is to be carried out privately here for easy communication and none restriction of any kind.

You have maximum of 3weeks to get job delivered.

Thank you
Mrs Payne
Advertisement

#268807 by AlanJones Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:21 am
It's a scam, the check you are sent will be fake and "she" will overpay you and want the extra sent to a 3rd party or refunded.

Freelance sites like Guru offer escrow services to protect both parties and any one avoiding using them is almost certainly a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#268870 by MIke Lorenz Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:34 pm
Mode Note: Please note that this post was made by the scammer himself in order to try and salvage his scam.
It has been left here for people to see how devious these thieves can be!

I would have suggested you finish working with her before painting her black, i have once work with her on a small project which she paid me. I was surprise here because i wanted to report some one i recently did some job for and he ran away with my money
#268872 by MIke Lorenz Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:42 pm
Mode Note: Please note that this post was made by the scammer himself in order to try and salvage his scam.
It has been left here for people to see how devious these thieves can be!

alot happen online but you also have to be careful of the things you post so it wont dent innocent people image. You need complete proof and sure you have been scam before you write any thing
#268879 by AlanJones Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:43 pm
For the Bots

Belinda Payne - [email protected]

Carvel Icecream
Sw 2nd st
Miami Fl 33144-2072
Email: [email protected]
Tel; +1 352-405-0996

+1 352-405-0996 = +13524050996 = VoIP - Pinger = SCAM

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#272840 by Vim Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:33 am
I've had the same correspondance with Belinda, also through Guru and with exact same email. The cheque actually arrived and I cashed it earlier, I informed her and then yes, just as you said, "she" said that is was for the wrong amount and could I send on the over-payed amount to the third party.
With the cheque came also a phone number with a note saying "phone for further instructions". I was already approaching this with caution however I have had odd clients in the past so was seeing it out, I will cancel the cheque tomorrow which has already cost me a processing fee. Would you recommend I do anything else? who should I report this too?
The email was changed to belindapayne @ linuxmail.org

They will now of course have my phone number and address, what damage can be done with this information?
#272857 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:31 pm
Give the mailer, note and copies of your emails to your banks fraud dept.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/