Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#301472 by Fpr0 Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:07 pm
Hello guys, I was searching for job and I have sent some applications and received the following email. At the begging I fell for it and did the "interview" and I got "recruited" until they asked me to buy a Time Tracker device (which costs 5$) and send them the money via MoneyGram. Then I almost realised that it was a scam. However, I am curious why the price was just 5$. Btw, it's supposed to pay them on Monday. They also gave me a task to complete until then.

the email:
dear applicant

thank you for your interest at opus international consultant limited, and taking the time to submit your application information.
We received applications from many qualified individuals for this position opening. After reviewing the applications, we had to determine those individuals who would receive further consideration in our search process and those who would not. You were not among those selected for further consideration.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you dedicated to applying for this position and wish you success in your job search.

This is an immediate hire position, the interview will commence from 8 am to 7 pm.

You have been selected for an online interview with the Hiring Manager. He will be the one to brief you more about the job position and the company.

The interview process will be done Online now Via Gmail Hangout's IM. All you're needed to do is to invite the HR Manager on Google Hangouts and also send him an IM on Hangouts. His gmail address is ([email protected]). He will be online now waiting on you.

I wish you every best of Luck with the Interview. If you have any questions, Please feel free to email Mr. Oliver harris for more details.

Time: 8 am-7 pm your time.
Venue: Online via Google hangout.

Sincerely,
Jane curry

edit: I also made a research and found out that "Oliver Harris" is a real person and the scammer uses for his google hangouts profile the real picture of the person: <removed link> MW

P.S. : I am new here and I have to say that you are doing a great job!
Last edited by Mike Wilson on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Changed tags
Advertisement

#301476 by Mike Wilson Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:46 pm
Hello Fpr0,
Thank you for posting the information on this scam. The best thing to do now is to stop all communications with this criminal by ignoring all emails and telephone calls.

ETA : See this thread on how to post photos. http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon