Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#301691 by BriL123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:47 am
I received a text message a few days ago from a random long number and it had said that someone was interested in me sitting there child. I emailed the person and I looked him up on google and a women had said she had been scammed by him before. I do have the emails, I'm very scared because he may know my address. He for sure has my area code and city/state I live in I believe. He sent me a picture of "him and his family" and nothing seems true. I don't know what to do. I have not emailed him back and he has not tried to contact me again. Please help!

Thank you
Advertisement

#301692 by BriL123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:06 am
I had just recieved a text message from [email protected] I just deleted my babysitting/nanny account online about an hour ago. The text message I just got said "(14343620012)if u get this, get back to me ASAP.
I don't know what to do and I'm very scared:(
#301693 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 am
With the basic information you posted I will say it is a scam.

Please post the emails sent to you minus your personal information and we will provide more.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#301695 by BriL123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:25 am
Hi,

I appreciate your interest in sitting my Daughter, here are some information about my Daughter , Kristy. She is 4 years Young, She is a great kid, sweet, loving, very bright, engaging, love to explore his surroundings and easy to get along with. She also loves to swim, go to parks, walks and just have fun. She is potty trained, free eater, well cultured, well mannered, well behaved not allergic to food or anything.

I`m hard of hearing and can only communicate via writing, reading lips or text messaging. I hope that isn't a problem? I am an antique collector, I have a good sense of humor, can communicate well, easy going and love to laugh. Please note that I have a few applicants for this position but I made you our first choice so I wouldn't appreciate a waste of time.

It is a wonderful 4 day work week, Monday - Thursday. I will be dropping her off in the morning by 9:30 am and will pick her up by 2:00 pm or in the evening by 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm because i can decide to shift my duty to afternoon; if you can't work the hours, you can work during the weekend while I get someone else to do this hours. We will be lodging in a hotel around you but you can babysit her in the hotel or I drop her if you want me (Let me know your preferred option). I will be very happy if you can get back to me with your total estimate for a month, so as to have you booked and secured prior to our arrival, as I am rounding off plans and allotting money to issues that should be settled before we arrive. The start date is 5th of August. This offer is for someone of well mannered attitudes, neat, caring, kind, patient, good sense of relationship and who loves outdoor, so if you are interested in this offer, please answer all my questions below:

*Do you have a valid driver’s license? *How old are you ? * Are you married? * Do you have any special attitude? *Do you have any crime records? *Do you have an open availability? *What are your charges per hour?

Make sure to include your zip code in your response so I could check the map to read the distance between us so we don't end up being far from one another.

Thank you for your time.
#301696 by BriL123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:27 am
Thanks for the information, we have also gone through the information you sent and it works for us. we’re very sure you will enjoy working with Kristy, She is not allergic to anything and we know She'll stay with a new sitter easily. Regarding the fee, we are okay with it as long Her Safety is assured and She will get the best care from you. We are coming to state and staying in an Hotel because of My wife Darlene who is presently in the sick bed suffering from breast cancer and need to undergo surgery, I don't wanna talk about this but I think it is important since you would be working as the nanny to my Kid.(Kristy).

I also want to inform you that we will be forwarding money for Kristy's items plus an upfront payment for you. Once you receive the payment, You will deduct an upfront payment for yourself and you will forward the rest money for Kristy's items to the private toy seller, the toy seller will send you the stuffs before we arrive with her so that you can put everything in place prior to our arrival, The seller will be sending Kids Ben10 Car,Train Table - White, Fun Explorers Construction Set and some toys because She has special toys She loves and admires so much.

Please get back to me with your(Your Full Name, Address, Apt No. City, State,Postal code Tele#). so I can forward it to my accountant to send you the payment as soon as possible. Hope you understand clearly, I will be waiting for this information in other for us to get you booked upon our arrival. Attached are the pics of my family and i want you to attach your's as well so that i can be rest assured and Kristy can be familiar with it.

Regards,
#301697 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am
This statement makes it a scam. The scammer wants to send you a fake check. Then have you cash it and forward your money to him. He wants to steal your money.

I also want to inform you that we will be forwarding money for Kristy's items plus an upfront payment for you. Once you receive the payment, You will deduct an upfront payment for yourself and you will forward the rest money for Kristy's items to the private toy seller, the toy seller will send you the stuffs before we arrive with her so that you can put everything in place prior to our arrival, The seller will be sending Kids Ben10 Car,Train Table - White, Fun Explorers Construction Set and some toys because She has special toys She loves and admires so much

This phone number can call/text receive anywhere in the world with internet access.
(434) 362-0012
434-362-0012 is a VoIP number provided by Peerless Network

Stop all contact with the scammer. Do not tell him why or reply to any of his future messages.

Do not worry about your personal information he just wanted it to make his scam seem real.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#301698 by BriL123 Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:53 am
Thank you so much! Can the scammer still get to me knowing my phone number, city, and state? I'm thinking I should go to the police I'm very scared about this situation!
#301712 by AlanJones Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:12 am
The scammer is overseas (most likely in Africa or the Far East) and will have texted a number of people advertising on the website.

Just do as Bryon says and stop all contact and you've got nothing to worry about.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#301733 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:35 am
The scammer is quite obviously African and most likely has never been in Virginia (where the phone number is).

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10