Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#301918 by BHARAT Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 am
I have received the Job Employment E mail for Shell UK.

From HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT <[email protected]>

XXX

Jul 28 at 4:41 PM

Dear Applicant,

I write to inform you that your resume has been properly reviewed and screened by our recruiting board and you have been found eligible for this vacant position. Be informed that you have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled for Friday, 23rd of September, 2016 at Shell U.K. Limited, Shell Centre London, SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.

More so, subsequent to your job application approval, your application status has been updated on our job recruitment database as "ACCEPTED"and your Application Identification Number (AIN) is SJ6L9418, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

However, like every other Oil & Gas company, the following are the roles expectation from you as a Project Engineer. As a Project Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors..

Furthermore, you will be expected to develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management. Below is a list of important roles/responsibilities expected of a Project Engineer by Shell U.K. Limited.

* As a Project Engineer, you are responsible for controling project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.

* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.

* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

* Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.

* Develop contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase.

* Co-ordinate required support levels and training.

Finally, our primary reason for requesting for your physical presence is to have our chief project manager have a one on one interview with you and ensure you posses the aforementioned qualities and also have you familiarize yourself with the company structure as well as a recap on past and upcoming project after which a date for your training in 2016 will be made known to you, giving you sufficient time to notify your current company of these changes in your employment should you currently
be employed.

Kindly download and view the attached documents for your perusal.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Natasha Foster,
(Human Resource Manager)
Shell U.K. Limited
Shell Centre London,
SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 793 741 6674
Fax: +44 847 934 1234

Can Anybody advise me that it is real or scam?

waiting for your feedback.
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details and added quotes for clarity.
Advertisement

#301920 by AlanJones Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:18 am
Hi Bharat,

It's a scam.

The phone number given is a mobile, which a company the size of Shell would not be using as a contact number and the domain uk-shell.com was only registered a couple of days ago by someone hiding their identity

Domain Name: UK-SHELL.COM

Creation Date: 27-jul-2016
Expiration Date: 27-jul-2017

Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#301955 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:12 pm
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.

The scammer is obviously not in the UK.

The webpage http://uk-shell.com has a blank body. Please post the complete headers (minus your name and address) of the above email from uk-shell.com so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#302267 by swc Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:40 am
Hi, i received exactly the same email with you dated 03 August 2016.

what i can help to kill this scam

thanks
#302268 by rakhmedov Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:15 am
I received the same email, it looks like scam as they never phone or contacted via email and asking come for an interview on 23rd Sept in London.
#302287 by mnh786 Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:45 am
I got the same email. I had applied for project engineer job at Shell on linkedin, so i thought this must be real.

Please help. What should I do.
#302291 by carlab Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:54 am
I received the same email yesterday...

com)
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2016 3:57:42 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxcom
3 attachments
JOB SPECIFICATION AND DESCRIPTION.pdf (202.4 KB) , LETTER OF
INVITATION.pdf (162.5 KB) , TRAVEL INFORMATION.pdf (365.9 KB)

text...

Regards,
Natasha Foster,
﴾Human Resource Manager﴿
Shell U.K. Limited
Shell Centre London,
SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.
#302294 by LouisMGP Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:26 am
I received this email, this morning.

Attn: Applicant SJ6L9419,
Dated: 03rd August 2016
LETTER OF INVITATION
We wish to inform you that your application has been evaluated and you have been
shortlisted for an interview with Shell U.K. Limited. The Entire Shell U.K. Management
wishes to invite you to our upcoming interview, which will take place on the 23rd of
September, 2016 at the conference center of Shell U.K. Limited. Further details about
your interview are contained in the attached file titled “TRAVEL INFORMATION & JOB
DESCRIPTION”.
We look forward to seeing soon.
Yours truly,
Natasha Foster,
(Human Resource Manager)
Shell U.K. Limited
Shell Centre London,
SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.
Tel: + 44 793 741 6674
#302295 by LouisMGP Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:34 am
I have received this scam job opportunity...TODAY

Dear Prospective Employee,

We the Management and Board of Rich Gold Mine South Africa has viewed your profile in naukri.com online recruitment website. You have been shortlisted for the Job openings in our Company, We are urgently in need of below positions, Mining Production,All kind of Engineers & Mining Engineers, Management & Administration, Supervisory , Geology & Geo ,Sciences, Construction , Trade & Skilled , Maintenance / Mechanical ,Technicians , Machinery Operators ,Health & Safety , Environmental Engineering/Sciences , Mill & Metallurgy ,Accounting , Auxiliary & Support Staff, Executive , Academic, Research,Training & Gov't , Marketing & Commercial , Surveying, Human Resources , Audit & Legal , Chemical Analysis / Research , Chief Technical Officers,Project managers' Staff Nurse, Doctors,Drilling Services,Civil Engineering,Computer Engineering,Architect Engineering,Marine Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Building Inspector,chef Cook etc.

Therefore, if you are interested in these openings, kindly email us a our email address and also fill the below INTERVIEW information.

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Marital Status:
Nationality:
Present Location:
Direct Mobile Number:
Education Qualifications:
Name of Present Employer:
What is Your Current Position?
Previous Duties &amp; Responsibilities:
Why Do You Choose This Career?
Why Do You Want to Drop With Your Current Employer?
Which Position Are You Applying For in Rich Gold Mining Company South Africa?
What is Your Current Salary?
What is Your Expected Monthly Salary?
Are you willing To Relocate to South Africa within 3 weeks to one month if employed?
Can You Give a Brief Hospitality Expected from Rich Gold Mining Company South Africa?
Can You Be Able to Complete the Processing of Your Relocating Document that is work Permit within two weeks If Employed?

Entitlement, Compensation and Benefits packages include:

.A very attractive net salary paid in US$, Pounds Sterling or Euros equivalent depending on employee's home country and currency preference.

. Quality single or family housing accommodation in company community.
. Free medical care in Cape Town for employee and family.
. Excellent educational assistance benefits with family status employment.
. Paid airfares allowing full flexibility with holiday travel.
. Personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowances.
. Full access to some of the finest and social recreational facilities in Cape Town .

CONTRACT DURATION:

Level 1: 24 Months, (Two Years) and renewable only on satisfactory performance by employee.

Level 2: Full time
Project required candidates with above Two years of experience All updated resumes, passport copy and other documents should be sent to us via email as below: [email protected]

We await details, receipt of your CV / Resume/ passport Copy and your certificate.

Mr. Anathi Nono
Director
Human Resources Department,
Rich Gold Mine Company South Africa
Email : [email protected]
#302302 by carlab Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:31 pm
so.. what do you think about this email..
Is it a scam or not?
#302303 by AlanJones Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Yes, it is a scam - just delete the email and don't respond to them any further.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#302489 by amro_2010salah Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:00 am
Hello guys,
I have received the same mail:
I really in a huge dilemma for those reasons:
positives:
1- I applied on shell LinkedIn page:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/shell
and this page is real as it's linked to shell website:
http://www.shell.co.uk/about-us/contact-us.html

2-this is the LinkedIn profile of the sender "Natasha Foster"
https://www.linkedin.com/in/natasha-foster-b6439b9
does it look like to be fake?

3-the website of the travel consultant they asked me to contact is:
http://www.phelixtravel.co.uk/home/group-tours.html
does it look like to be fake?

Negative points:
1- the domain 'uk-shell.com' is not the real domain of shell

2-I replied to ask them about the refund policy but the answer was not satisfactory:

In acknowledgment to your email and its content thereof, please note
that you are required to cater for your trip and afterwards send to us a
scanned copy of every payment receipt as proof of payment made to Phelix
Travel for the purpose of arranging your trip for our own records and
also to enable us process your refunds.

However, you being asked to cater for your trip was a decision reached
by the management of SHELL Petroleum after series of negative events
that occurred in the past whereby some individuals apply for a listed
job position to our organization with credentials that are satisfactory
yet false just to get SHELL Petroleum to finance their trip and provide
them with relevant documents that will facilitate the issuance of their
visa to enable them gain entry into the United Kingdom and not attend
the interview for which their trip was paid for while some other
applicants who are genuine and for some reasons best known to them will
not depart from their country of origin after having their trip fully
catered for thereby allowing SHELL Petroleum to run at a lose, hence
this decision was reached that all serious applicant with a genuine
intention must cater for their trip and be reimbursed of all travel
expenses either by CASH or Bank wire transfer to the applicant's
nominated bank account upon their arrival at the interview venue here in
London, United Kingdom.

Kindly contact Mr. George Banquest of Phelix Travel Agency to commence
your travel arrangement to enable you meet up with the tentative date
set for your group interview and ensure to send to us scanned copies of
all payment receipt made to the aforementioned travel agency as proof of
payment required for processing your refunds.

Feel free to contact me should you require further assistance.

Yours truly,
Natasha Foster,
(Human Resource Manager)
Shell U.K. Limited
Shell Centre London,
SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.

Please advise
#302495 by AlanJones Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:16 am
It's a scam.

The domain that they are writing to you from is fake. The travel agent is fake and travel agents do not arrange visas anyway.

#302498 by amro_2010salah Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:25 am
AlanJones wrote:It's a scam.

The domain that they are writing to you from is fake. The travel agent is fake and travel agents do not arrange visas anyway.

that's true
but how do they know about my applying to a job on official LinkedIn page of 'shell' ?