Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#304226 by Smpkmt13 Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:45 pm
I had been applying for online/at home jobs recently. A scammer tried to get me for a personal assistant- "Steven Kilburg" there is actually a thread on here for his scam as well. Well fortunately, I was suspicious and found it was a scam before I took the "job."

Yesterday Giondanos Construction company emailed me for an at home job. I did my research and they had a legit website. It was 11:00pm and they wanted me to download Google Hangouts so we could proceed to the interview. Suspicions began to rise so I started doing my research. Thought it was odd for a business wanting to do an interview at now 11:30pm. The address on their website doesn't exist. The phone number on their website is out of order.

Finding all of this out after the "interview" and "job offer" had me asking questions. Which they replied back w/ "oh" and never answered. Then told me they would send me a check for "equipment costs." This is as far as I went before finding out it was a scam.

There is a thread on Facebook I found from another lady they tried to do this to.

ORIGINAL EMAIL :

Dear Applicant

The firm Giordano's Construction Company has reviewed your Resume. We just got your resume from the ads that we posted. After reviewing several applications, we think you are qualified for the positions available.

Positions available include: Data Entry Clerk,Accounting Clerk,Administrative
Assistant,Payroll, Medical biller, Bookkeeper,marketing sales,Bookkeeper,Office Assistant,Management,Customer services and IT Jobs. In exchange for your patience and compassion, this company offers medical and dental insurance, long-term disability, sick leave, life insurance, 401K, and profit sharing are available.. This position is paying $18.75-$24 Per hour plus incentives. We would like to schedule an interview with you right now if possible. You are required to set up a Gmail account for the job briefing and interview, download a Gmail hangout/google talk messenger to your PC or Phone.. Please Invite Mr Dixon L Matthews, The Financial Advisor Talent Acquisition at Giordano's Construction Company on Gmail Hangout or Google talk messenger([email protected]) and message him for the Job Interview. This is our first step to proceed further. He will be expecting to hear from you soon.Your verification code is (ADT-00222129).
We look forward to meeting with you

Thank you.

Sincerely
Mr Theo Lewis
Group Human Resources Director
Giordano's Construction Company

The website: http://www.giordanoscompany.com
Advertisement

#304231 by vonpaso xlura Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:47 pm
giordanoscompany.com is fake and is in the process of being reported for fraud.

giordanosconstructions.com is email-only. Can you post an email from that domain with complete headers?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10