Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#292392 by entropy Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:04 pm
How Their SCAM Works

They post to various job posting sites and freelancing sites to get people to apply in their job. In my case, I applied through UpWork.
Like any other job applications, they will ask you for your resume, and ask you common interview questions.

You will then be communicating with one of their email accounts which [email protected]. They represent themselves as an agency named "ReachGlobal BPO Solutions ".

How They Will Hook You

They offer high salary rates, good incentives, and many bonuses. It's actually TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Screenshots of emails they sent me

First Task

I was then ask to contact their client [email protected] then I was given my first task.
The first tasks are quite easy but time-consuming. I was asked to look for news, give a 150-word comment, and send them 3 comments for every 30 minutes. In one day, that would be 48 comments = 7,200 words!
Screenshot of the first task

The First Doubts

So, I did the tasks assigned. The "client" told me to communicate with her through Google Hangouts. After the first task, she asked me to complete this job urgently.
Do this asap.
Once done back to nf . Click & download & read instruction--http://tinyurl.com/pvgb9jz

**advise if this task was already given and done
This job is to make 10 email addresses with job-related names. For example, [email protected], etc.
Then they offered me a new job as a "PRODUCT TESTER." Their message goes like this.
Additional INCOME - product tester(pt)
/
/
/
Urgently needed additional people to participate as PRODUCT TESTER.
Task is easy - you will do extensive testing/evaluation of a proprietary app that targets social media power users.
By participating you will earn additional P5,000 monthly added to your salary.

*Device will be free, delivered to your designated address. But participants(you) will handle the freight of P400.
*Freight must be paid unfront sent via western union to our assigned collection officer.

Reply if interested.
I did not really mind this opportunity as I don't want to send money to them for a job so I just continued with my work.
UNTIL they gave me a new task.
This is your daily routine - ads task.
Click , download and read instruction:

Ads - http://tinyurl.com/pvfgdjz
Auto response -http://tinyurl.com/npxampw
#code replace it with "#" + first 3 letters of your firstname.
Hr rep replace it with "Cynthia Paula B. Reyes"

update re auto response -- change the email indicated here
"And specify "#code" on your subject line and mail it to: [email protected]"

to -- [email protected]

//
reply to acknolwedge
This is the part when I doubted them already. If you will check the links given above, they will ask you to post in job posting sites for any position.

I Tried To Get Her Name

Since I was full of doubts already, I told them that I would like to be a "product tester". So they gave me instructions on where and to whom shall I send the payment. This is their reply.
and send it via cebuana lhuilher
=========
Mary Mae Perez
Pasig City

Once done send the following details
Control#
Sender name
Address
Amt
Receiver
MARY MAE PEREZ from PASIG CITY.

Please be warned that she is one of the scammers involved.

So I got her name and did not pay for the payment they are asking.
Pay Day

As of this writing, two weeks had passed already. I tried to get may salary but this is what they said.
Good Job!
For completing the first payroll cycle. And for providing a good service to our client.
For your payout we require a one time processing fee of P500, which needs to be paid upfront.

Upon completion, salary will be processed and release with in 24hrs.
Advise if you can do this today and will provide further instruction.

Thanks
-hr.
I asked for their valid ID but they refused. I asked if they can just deduct to my salary but was informed that it is their policy. I told them that I will pay so I could get their name again.
and send it via western union
=========
Rhiza M Patulin
Pasig City
Once done send the following details
Control#
Sender name
Address
Amt
Receiver
i was surprised to know that she is not the only one doing the scam.
VERDICT

I am writing this to inform everyone, especially FILIPINOS, that there are scammers everywhere. In my case, they are from the list below.
MARY MAE PEREZ - PASIG CITY

RHIZA M. PATULIN - PASIG CITY

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

If ever you were scammed by these people, don't lay low. Fight back![*]
Advertisement

#292395 by Terminator5 Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 am
Please copy and paste their Scam Jargon here on the thread . Google can search textual content , not screen shots of it . Thanks for posting .

Its actually the same scam as this one:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=99208&start=30

And surprisingly their scam recruitment ads have been running for YEARS in the Philippines and will probably run for YEARS more .

Daniel 8 :25
#293132 by betterbewise Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:02 pm
Same experience but still on the application process I had doubts already. coz I applied to many positions and when they reply they had the same reply. but I still proceeded to make my doubts more concrete true enough everybody gave me the instruction to email [email protected].

CareerFinders LLC
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Raquel Singuay
[email protected]
[email protected]
#294423 by Sandae Wed May 11, 2016 7:20 am
I have experienced the same. I was hired by Reach Global Bpo Solutions last April 22. I was emailed with the same job offer. I was given the same tasks nf and ad posting. I created 10 gmail and posts ads. I finished my first cycle of salary but they were asking for one time processing fee. I was instructed through hangout by the same person which is the account manager. His profile picture is a man riding in a motorcycle. The emails are [email protected] , [email protected], and the person assigned in claiming the fee is Camille A. Beleno. After realizing that it was a scam, I deleted the email addresses I made during my employment.
#295624 by crazykat Fri May 20, 2016 10:03 am
I am yet another victim of this scam having experienced exactly what has been detailed in the posts. I should have done my research first before accepting the offer but i think that's why the initial email asks you to continue the communication so that you forget the original link that mentions the name reachglobal...having done work for a week now but still couldn't shake my doubts, i finally went back and searched online for the company and ran across this post.

I feel so used for having set up those job ads and i hope that other people would be wiser than me and do their background check first
#304370 by BhengCantaco Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 pm
Thank you for this post. They just sent me email informing i'm hired for VA post with 25k salary. Upon researching this what i saw. Better not to deal with them.

Just a sad taught this is the 2nd time that i encountered scammers like this in upwork. I hope they can identify those postings that are scam or legit.