Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#303849 by lbach Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:23 pm
On Aug 19, 2016 I responded to an ad in the Meadville Pa. Craigslist for a job as an Administrative Assistant. I received an email that looked just off, so I googled the name Patricia Bailey. The information for her checked out, but something was still nagging me about the punctuation, spacing and capitalization in the letter. I rechecked the email address that appeared after Patricia's name and found [email protected]. Another google search lead me to your website. Here I found the exact letter I received only now with Patricia's name and information. Thank you for your website. Please try and stop this person before he deceives someone else.

Employment Scam letter from Brian Hamlin sent from [email protected].

Here is a copy of the letter he sent me:

Dear Applicant,

Thanks for your email/application. I received your application
regarding the Position posted on CRAIGSLIST. This position has already
been occupied but I have an available opening for a PERSONAL
Assistant Position for Immediate Start. I run a LANDSCAPE PROFESSIONAL
COMPANY and tend to operate a high cost of operation and want to cut
down my expenses by employing a Personal Assistant personnel.

I travel a lot and gets my hands occupied because i works with other
companies here in the states and outside, so it is imperative for me
to have a worthy Personal Assistant who can monitor and keep me up to
date with my activities. This position is flexible and you can be in
any location, working with me is basically about instructions and
following them. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and
accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

I want to assure you that you that this job will only take around
20-25 hours of your time in a week and you can work whatever hours you
want, the job is very simple once you have an address where you can
receive mails and packages through USPS sometimes through some other
freight forwarders, the mails and packages will contain gift cards,
letters, office materials and equipment's and some other general
consumer goods

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on i should be able
to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I have a
number of things you could help me with this week if you will be
available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working
relationship.

Kindly RE-CONFIRM your contact details as shown on your resume to
enable us proceed to next step.

Full Name:
Full Contact Address:
Apt:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Mobile Phone Number :

Once i received your contact information i will get back to you with
the task for this week, Understand you will also be paid as soon as
you pass this first assignment, You will be paid ($400) at the end of
the week.

Reason for taking up this job, and please note, you must be above 18
years of age to be eligible for this job.

You are going to be employed as my Personal Assistant and all tax will
be taken care of by me, your first weekly wage $400 salary will be
paid funds for my assignments and meetings with my clients would be
provided by me. Please do let me know how we should proceed so you can
get started immediately.

Anticipating your urgent response.

Mrs Patricia Bailey
landscape architects CO.
http://www.asla.org

Thank you for your website. Please try and stop this person before he deceives someone else. LB
Advertisement

#303850 by lbach Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 pm
I applied for a part time Administrative Assistant Job with Jones Taylor and received a letter from Patricia Bailey. The email address for Patricia Bailey was Brian Hamlin. I searched your site and found these names on your employment scam list. Each name has an Intouch account and seems to be well documented. The website I checked out for Patricia Bailey came back as http://www.baileyandharris.com/sale/index.html.

It is a shame that you can't even look for work without getting someone trying to steal your money.

Hopefully this information will help someone in the future from making a mistake that could cost them money.

lb
#303852 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Scammers will often use names of real people and legitimate websites.

At this time i find baileyandharris.com as legitimate.

The site killers will chime in shortly.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#303855 by AlanJones Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:18 pm
baileyandharris.com has been registered since 2007. There's currently no website on the domain, but it has this message on it

Bailey and Harris Architects does not use craigslist for employement or contracts, contact the authorities and or FBI if you have received any fake employement or job requests through craigslist or e-mail claiming to be from Bailey and Harris.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#303858 by vonpaso xlura Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:38 pm
I travel a lot and gets my hands occupied because i works with other
companies here in the states and outside, so it is imperative for me
to have a worthy Personal Assistant who can monitor and keep me up to
date with my activities. This position is flexible and you can be in
any location, working with me is basically about instructions and
following them. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and
accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

This was obviously written by a West African and contains a sentence that is standard in personal assistant scams.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#304805 by Lynncarter1115 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 pm
Okay so I got this same exact email from Patricia Bailey and like a dummy I went a little farther then everyone else.. I gave them all my info well not all of it but name address contact info all that. Well the next thing I know she's emailing me telling me I have a check on the way for around 3 grand once I get it I am to email her so she can tell me what to do with it. Buy this buy that keep the rest but I have to deposit it into my bank account... Well fortunately for my situation my bank isn't close to me so I called to ask them about one of their sister branches. Meanwhile I'm now in text message correspondence with this person and fortunately for me I had the sense to wonder why without knowing anything about me she would send me that much money.... Also why she would need it in my account when she should have her own. I asked her to call me she said she was in a seminar but yet could text. She claimed to be the Patricia Bailey politician and got very defensive when I asked her first name. Eventually i told her she could just tell me where to send the check back but by then she was completely non responsive. Finally I decided that I would file with the police since she had my address and I wanted nothing to do with that check by that point. I know if I cashed it it would have probably bounced. I'm getting emails from different people but all in the same email thread and I told them it was deplorable to be out scamming people like this especially those looking for jobs. I didn't say I reported them but i now have to call transunion and all the credit score people and have them flag me for suspicious activity. I feel stupid but thankful that I didn't cash the check and that seeing the money didn't make me get stupid about the situation. I'm glad I'm the type of person who wants someone to know them before being allowed to spend their money. But all the emails I got were identical to the ones posted on here so thank you for sharing you all have saved me so much trouble!