Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#306283 by Johnflowers Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:09 pm
i recieved the following email and also a contract attached. there is a website and everithing. is this scam?

Respected name,
As discussed during the today’s phone interview regarding the vacancy available for the position Operations (Logistics) Manager with NL Company, we are delighted to confirm the job offer. We are eagerly awaiting for you to become an irreplaceable asset for our company and be able to reach our mutual benefit together.

1. The procedure of signing the contract:

Please click HERE to open the Employment Contract. First of all, please, look through the terms and conditions attentively since once you click on the SIGN button at the end of the contract, it will become a legally binding employment agreement.

Besides, you can open FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) link at the beginning of the contract to learn more about the company and this position. Moreover, there is also a link to the company’s website for you to learn more about us.

2. Further verification of your identity & place of residence.

Once you signed the digital contract, you are requested to submit a PROOF OF YOUR IDENTITY (e.g. driver’s license or state ID card) and a proof of your residential ADDRESS (e.g. utility bill, a tenancy agreement or letter addressed to your name and address) by sending us the aforementioned copies via email to the HR Manager, Olivia Jones, [email protected], (+1 (559) 460-0031)

VIRTUAL WOKRPLACE/CONTROL PANEL: http://nlvirtualspace.com

USERNAME: xxxxx

PASSWORD: password

In case of any questions regarding the employment process, please do not hesitate to call our HR Manager, between 10 AM and 5 PM (EST) Monday to Friday.

Please save the HR Manager’s contact information, i.e. her email address and phone number to ensure smooth and constant communication. We are looking forward for a fruitful liaison.

Sincerely,

Notion Lights
Phone: +1 (559) 460-0031
Email: [email protected]
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#306290 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:19 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Yes, it is a scam. It appears the scammer want you to reship stolen packages. He may also want you to receive stolen money and launder it for him.

Please post the email header of the email received. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Stop all contact with the scammer. Ignore all his future contact.

Domain Name: NLMAILS.COM
Registrar: WEB COMMERCE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED DBA WEBNIC.CC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 460
Whois Server: whois.webnic.cc
Referral URL: http://www.webnic.cc
Name Server: NS1.NLMAILS.COM
Name Server: NS2.NLMAILS.COM
Updated Date: 19-aug-2016
Creation Date: 18-aug-2016
Expiration Date: 18-aug-2017

Registrant Name:Domain Admin
Registrant Organization:Whoisprotection.cc
Registrant Street:Lot 2-1, Incubator 1, Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil
Registrant City:Kuala Lumpur
Registrant State/Province:Wilayah Persekutuan
Registrant Postal Code:57000
Registrant Country:Malaysia
Registrant Phone:+603.89966788
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:+603.89966788
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Domain Name: NLVIRTUALSPACE.COM
Name Server: NS1.NLVIRTUALSPACE.COM
Name Server: NS2.NLVIRTUALSPACE.COM
Updated Date: 30-aug-2016
Creation Date: 30-aug-2016
Expiration Date: 30-aug-2017
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax Ext:

(559) 460-0031
5594600031 is a VoIP number provided by Bandwidth SMSEnabled with an area code in CA

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#306871 by aizak Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:37 pm
hello
I got the same email and I unfortunately signed the contract. I have shipped couple items for them so far. What do I need to do please advice me?
thank you

Yes, it is a scam. It appears the scammer want you to reship stolen packages. He may also want you to receive stolen money and launder it for him.

Please post the email header of the email received. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Stop all contact with the scammer. Ignore all his future contact.

Domain Name: NLMAILS.COM
Name Server: NS1.NLMAILS.COM
Name Server: NS2.NLMAILS.COM
Updated Date: 19-aug-2016
Creation Date: 18-aug-2016
Expiration Date: 18-aug-2017

Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax Ext:

Domain Name: NLVIRTUALSPACE.COM
Name Server: NS1.NLVIRTUALSPACE.COM
Name Server: NS2.NLVIRTUALSPACE.COM
Updated Date: 30-aug-2016
Creation Date: 30-aug-2016
Expiration Date: 30-aug-2017
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax Ext:

(559) 460-0031
5594600031 is a VoIP number provided by Bandwidth SMSEnabled with an area code in CA[/quote]
#306874 by Tim Atem Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:34 pm
If you have already shipped items, you will need to be proactive as soon as possible and print all emails, take them to your local police station and file a report. You need to do this before they come looking for you. Make sure to stress to them that you are a victim of a work-at-home scam!

nlmails.com & nlvirtualspace.com are in the process of being reported for fraud. Can you please post the emails with your personal information removed with full headers (instructions can be found here: http://www.iptrackeronline.com/how-to-e ... eaders.php ) because we will need those to report the sites.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#307865 by SarahWall Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:42 pm
I was 'hired' with this job via text message. I started receiving things totaling over $3000!! They call and email me non stop. I went to the police station and made a report and gave them the stuff.
#308014 by bradrickanokye Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:27 am
Greetings to you, unfortunately I am also a victim of notion lights for their fraud activities. what can I do now to stop them from contacting and stopping their packages from coming. finally, I want to know if you were paid for your first of month of work. Thank you
#308015 by AlanJones Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:51 am
Please read Tim Atem's post - you need to be proactive and contact the authorities to let them know that you have been a victim of a re-shipping scam.

You can refuse delivery of any other packages that are sent to you and ask for them to be returned to the sender.

No one will have been paid - as soon as the pay is due you'll either get excuses or the scammer will block you from accessing their site.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#308060 by jtorres12000 Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:22 pm
Dear Removed (BW),

This is to request you to confirm Package ID 53847 as RECEIVED on your control panel as soon as possible so we are able to issue a prepaid shipping label.

We look forward to your prompt action.

Best regards,

Ben Northcote

Supervisor

Notion Lights

Phone: +1 (559) 529-5726

Email: [email protected]

I fell for this job too and now have received 2 packages that I have not sent out. They said the packages will be going somewhere in Europe but I saw the pre paid label going to Newport DE here in USA, I am pretty sure any company can send withing USA grounds.. What can I do? I haven not given any of my bank info but I did agree to the contract. Who can provide me an email where I can write to and get more info? I already emailed this company (NOtion lights ) to stop sending me stuff and also removed my number from their txting list. I was receiving txts as well. I also emailed the supposed manager mentioned in the above email but only get a email same as that one above.
#308067 by becca157 Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:22 pm
I received a text message from this "company" and was dumb enough to fall for it. I signed on with them to just now figure out it was a scam. I have called my local police department and reported it, didn't do much good. They advised me to return whatever items I still have in my home to the sender and have no further contact with Notion Lights. As I was on the phone with one company, another package arrived at my door that I was not expecting. I am returning it also. Why do these so called companies think that they can get away with this?
The company has texted me numerous times about the packages I have here as to why I haven't shipped them. I really don't know what to do about that.
#308070 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:05 pm
If you have already shipped items, you will need to be proactive as soon as possible and print all emails, take them to your local police station and file a report. You need to do this before they come looking for you. Make sure to stress to them that you are a victim of a work-at-home scam!

Stop all contact with the scammers. Ignore their contact.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#308096 by becca157 Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:52 pm
I called my local police and reported this company. I also called UPS and reported it and they are coming to pick up 2 of the packages that are sitting here to send them back to whereever they came from, the third one I am waiting to hear from the Postal Service Inspectors as to what to do with it. I am going to post a notice on my door saying not to leave anymore packages, to return them to sender. Or to have the delivery person knock on the door so I can see if the package is really for me or not.
#308215 by jtorres12000 Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:31 pm
becca157 wrote:I received a text message from this "company" and was dumb enough to fall for it. I signed on with them to just now figure out it was a scam. I have called my local police department and reported it, didn't do much good. They advised me to return whatever items I still have in my home to the sender and have no further contact with Notion Lights. As I was on the phone with one company, another package arrived at my door that I was not expecting. I am returning it also. Why do these so called companies think that they can get away with this?
The company has texted me numerous times about the packages I have here as to why I haven't shipped them. I really don't know what to do about that.

I also fell for it. I went to the police and they just got my report and advise me to go to the post master at the post officr which i did but he only gave me his card and some phone numbers to call here in texas. I will do that tomorrow.
What state are u in. ? I hope all this gets resolved and they catch these whatever they r called. Please keep me updated of your outcome.
#308322 by SharonGray Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:26 pm
We were also taken in but the name of the company had a slight variation, "Northern Lights". However everything else was exactly the same as all of the other victims of the online scam. We had already received and re-mailed 7 packages before all contact from them had suddenly stopped after we sent them an email telling them that we had a friend who was interested in working with them. Here is one of the emails received from them.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: Overweight Package
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <XXXXXXXXXXX >

Respected manager,

This letter is to inform you that a new correct label will be issued soon . Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Ben Northcote, Supervisor at Northern Lights Logistics Service Desk

Northern Lights Logistics Service Desk available 9 AM - 6 PM Monday through Friday
e-mail: [email protected]