Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#323231 by missyleah Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:37 pm
Received an email from a company called Potzus Construction LTD (in Canada) replying to an online resume with ZipRecruiter.com requesting a phone interview. Then they just emailed interview questions. Followed by offer letter with over generous amount of pay and what to expect. They were opening an office in Omaha, Ne. They would be sending me a laptop and disc with company operating system and a check so that I could purchase office supplies for the opening office. All of this had me suspicious.
I did research and contacted Potzus Paving & Road Maintenance because Potzus Construction (scammers) were using their name and an address just down the street in a house by Potzus Pavings headquarters.
(Real company)Potzus Paving Address: 422 Sully Ave, Rokeby, SK S0A 3N0, Canada Phone: +1 306-782-7423 Province: Saskatchewan
Scammers (Potzus Construction LTD used: 456 Sully Ave, Rokeby, SK SOA 3NO Phone: +1 306-400-3623 Ext 102(for HR) http://www.potzusconstruction.com (This website is not affiliated with Potzus Paving & Maintenance)
This is the email address used to send me the emails re: the job. mailto:[email protected]
On their fake letterhead they also messed up and added a different email address probably from a different scam: [email protected] and +1 902-701-7020 which is always busy when called.
The scammers have a phone +1 306-400-3623 Ext 102 that goes straight to some fancy answering machine telling to press a number for a particular extension like Potzus Paving has.
I actually called and spoke with the receptionist at Potzus Paving & Maintenance who confirmed that the website http://www.potzusconstruction.com is not theirs and that they only do work in Saskatchewan and they are not opening an office in the USA anywhere.
Emails from scammers:
1) Good afternoon, Thank you for applying for the Administrative Assistant Position we advertised on http://www.ziprecriuter.com. Having carefully evaluated your resume, please find attached.
kind regards
Mark McCoy
10-03-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 306-400-3623 EXT 102
http://www.potzusconstruction.com
2)Good afternoon,
In order to make the next evaluation process more conducive, effective and stress-free while at the same time giving you room to succinctly express yourself, we resolved to send the interview questions. Note, however, that the evaluation of your responses would be based on the following:-Promptness - HR's ability to foresee your career goals in the organizational objective with regards to the new outlet- Writing skills- Others. Below are the interview questions. Each answer should be 50 words or less. •Why do you want this position? •Asides from income, what do you think you could gain if you are successful at the end of this evaluation process? •What motivates you or drives you towards excellence? •What are your long and short-term goals? •what strength do you bring to this job that other candidates might not? The answers to the above questions must be sent in on or before 12.00 Eastern Time (ET) March 14th, 2017.
kind regards
Mark McCoy
11-03-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 306-400-3623 EXT 102
3)Good morning,
Thank you for sending your answers. Please allow till the end of business day on Tuesday the 14th of March for further update.
Warm Regards,
Mark McCoy
13-03-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 306-400-3623 EXT 102
4)Good morning,
A quick one - if we decide to hire you, how soon are you available to resume? Also, send contact information for one personal and one professional reference.
Warm Regards,
Mark McCoy
15-03-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 306-400-3623 EXT 102
5)Good afternoon,
Again thank you for your interest in working with our esteemed organization. After due consideration amidst over 25 applicants, please find attached and congratulations. However, you do have the option to accept or decline the offer.
Warm Regards,
Mark McCoy
18-03-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 306-400-3632 EXT 102

When I asked for the address for the office they were opening in Omaha, Ne and the assumed business name they were using since Potzus Construction wasn't listed with Secretary State Corporation Division. I received the below response. And of course no phone call transpired.

6)Thank you Mellisa,
I have scheduled the vice president to talk directly to you on Thursday this week at 4pm. M.M

I have PDF copies of letters that were attached to the emails as well.
Advertisement

#323233 by HannahsDad Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:41 pm
Potzus Construction Limited at https://www.potzusconstruction.com

Potzus Construction Limited is a Canada-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.

Our people bring their technical knowledge, experience, and resourcefulness to the delivery of our construction services. As the largest general contractor in the country, Potzus Construction Limited is a leader in all major market segments, including healthcare, education, commercial, sports, aviation, pharmaceutical, retail and green building. Driven by a commitment to continuous improvement, Potzus embraces Building Information Modeling and lean construction methods to improve efficiency and enhance client value.

Potzus Construction Limited
13 Filton Rd, Caledon East, ON L7C1R5, ca
306-400-3632

Created anonymously 9th March 2017 for 1 year only

#324997 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:32 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Fake check scam to buy pretend office equipment.

The scammer wants to send a fake check and have her cash it. He then will provide her with information to forward real money back to him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#335219 by BRHowe0812 Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:01 pm
Just went through this myself but they used a different company: KMJ Builders, Ltd. Same letters and same inquiry for Admin. at DND construction on ZipRecruiter. I included all of the letters and correspondence I received from them. I even answered the questions and sent them back. I just don't understand how they can do this to people. Get there hopes up for employment and then they steal from you. I didn't let it get that far. I almost accepted the job but then did a little more research. They also gave a weird address of where their business was moving to, downtown Seattle on Pine St. I also encountered something similar in May with a different company. Job Hunters beware of scams like this.

230 I-XL Cres,
Lockport, MB R1A 3C6
+1 204-289-0843 EXT 102
www. kmjbuilders.org
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in KMJ Builders Limited.
We received your resume in response to our recent job posting on http://www.ziprecruiter.com for the position of an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT.
As you know, we are looking for experienced and motivated individuals to join our pioneering team of skilled experts and we would like set up an interview for you.
Your resume stood out from the others and hence your shortlisting. We are impressed with your accomplishments. We believe you possess the essential qualities we are looking for and we are very excited at the prospect of working with you.
KMJ Builders Limited is a full service construction company providing various construction businesses and constructions consulting solutions. We offer special and unique capabilities to enhance our spectrum of services to meet our client’s need. Our company has been in existence for years in Lockport, MB. As we bring our services closer to our clients in The United States, our satellite office in Downtown your city will be opening officially in six weeks. We are looking to employ an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to carry out the duties listed below:
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages;
• Attend meetings to record minutes;
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives and committees.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports;
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the Chief Operating Officer
• Make travel arrangements for executives;
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
• Posting ads on internet and news paper
• Handling and monitoring some of the COO's financial activities.
• Filing and Faxing, Creating and sending out letters Required Skills:
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Concern for others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
This is a full-time position (9am - 5pm).
Your starting salary is $2,106.40 bi-week/$4,563.87 monthly.
Vacation time is paid in 2-week increments,
Benefits are included, and bonuses are paid annually.
Reply to this email (Reply to: [email protected]) with your phone number and a suitable time to call you for a telephone interview.
Mark McCoy
15-07-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 204-289-0843 EXT 102
www. kmjbuilders.org

Good afternoon,
In order to make the next evaluation process more conducive, effective and stress-free while at the same time giving you room to succinctly express yourself, we resolved to send the interview questions. Note, however, that the evaluation of your responses would be based on the following:
-Promptness
- HR's ability to foresee your career goals in the organizational objective with regards to the new outlet
- Writing skills
- Others.
Below are the interview questions. Each answer should be 50 words or less.
Why do you want this position?
Asides from income, what do you think you could gain if you are successful at the end of this evaluation process?
what motivates you or drives you towards excellence?
what are your long and short-term goals?
what strength do you bring to this job that other candidates might not?
The answers to the above questions must be sent in on or before 12.00 Eastern Time (ET) July 21st, 2017.

Mark McCoy
19-07-2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 204-289-0843 EXT 102
www. kmjbuilders.org

Offer letter:
230 I-XL Cres,
Lockport, MB R1A 3C6
+1 403-648-2712 EXT 102
www. kmjbuilders.org
RE: OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT – Administrative Assistant
Good afternoon,
We are delighted to offer you the position of Administrative Assistant with our organization. KMJ BUILDERS LTD is a leader in the Canadian market expanding its already broadened reach to achieve new feats in the United States. As you join. KMJ BUILDERS LTD, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service and advice.
As a member of the KMJ BUILDERS LTD team, we would ask for your commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In addition, we expect your personal accountability in all the products, actions, advice and results that you provide as a representative of our firm. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential.
We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding. The following points outline the terms and conditions we are proposing.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job description:
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages;
• Attend meetings to record minutes;
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives and committees.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports;
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the Chief Operating Officer
• Make travel arrangements for executives;
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
• Posting ads on internet and newspaper
• Filing and Faxing, Creating and sending out letters.
Official Start date: August 14th, 2017
(Unofficial start date may be prior to the aforementioned).
Salary: Your starting salary is $2,106.40 bi-week/$4,563.87 monthly
Probation: 3 months
Group Benefits: Medical, dental, visual insurance; and combined profit sharing (bonuses) at the end of each business year.
Hours of work: Mondays through Fridays 9am to 5pm (May be called in or required for emergency weekend duties on a Saturday not exceeding 1pm).
Vacation: A two-week vacation period is allowed annually; usually accumulated after a nine-month work period. All vacation periods are paid.
Following the initial probationary period, a progression and performance review would be conducted on a monthly basis to assess performance to-date, and to clarify or modify this arrangement, as the need may arise.
My arrival date with the team is on the 14th of August, 2017 when the office would be opened officially and we shall meet in person and you will be presented with the Full Employment Contract.
Your job will officially start before we leave Rokeby, SK. Which means you will work from home till we arrive, and help where necessary in making our transition easier. During next week, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with you and property manager that will take you to the office unit.
A laptop will be provided to create efficiency in your duties. A disc containing the company’s platform (software) will be mailed to you after one week. A check will be sent to you to coordinate some office purchases such as stationery, and secure accommodation (hotel) for me and other delegates attending the official opening of the new outlet. These tasks would be part of your assessment in finalizing your employment with us after three months. You will be required to make monthly report of tasks assigned to you and your first would be 31stof August 2017.
Please confirm the below information to enable our account department mail a check to you.
1. Full Names to be written on check.
2. Detailed mailing address including postal code.
3. Direct telephone number.
Further instructions will be sent to you once the check and laptop are mailed out. Revert to me if you inquire any further clarification on the above.
This arrangement may be terminated by either party upon notice in writing to either party with notice that complies with Employment Standards (or Labor Standards) for the company.
• Handling and monitoring some of the COO's financial activities.
Mark McCoy
26-07-2017
Human Resource Manager
403-648-2712x102
http://www.kmjbuilders.org
#335225 by 4X1X9 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post and sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear you lost nothing.

You are right employment scams are a particularly despicable form of scam praying on people's desperation. However it is such need that scammers look for in order to manipulate their victims.