Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#311884 by sg1 Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:55 pm
Protect yourself from a really bad scam.

The bogus job offer, consists of bogus training for a data entry processor, to begin with an order for a new computer for work with benefits, and training materials, are all totally bogus and a waste of your time. The offer starts off by email and the solicitation asked you to set up on Hang Out.

When the training sessions begin, (which amount to the new employee being asked for all of their identification, and banking details, including passwords and user ID.

Then the trainer asks you do an exercise of receiving and sending funds through Paypal or Moneygram or a bank account.

The whole set up leaves a person at a total loss!

It is not a job, it is a scam!

You are warned now so that you don't get hurt and waste your time!

==========================================================
Email Content:

I am Brent Marquis and i am your supervisor.

For the completion of your interview and for submitting the requested document early,your offer letter is attached with this email.make sure you sign and send it to ([email protected]) and to me as well before you come on desk to begin today's training task.

Note: You are to be on desk by 9 am (C.A.T)Central Time to proceed with the training task or email me back to schedule a convenient time for you.Add me on (Google Hangout) asap to begin your supervising.

Regards,
Brent Marquis.
Senior pre-training supervisor.
[email protected]
==========================================================================

The email may also be followed with several other emails or Hang Out Chats:

==========================================================================
[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

========================================================================
Here is a copy of an emails sent by [email protected]:

Here is the job briefing file attached with this email,kindly review and add me on Google Hangout to set up a time for the interview.

Regards,
Mary Ann Calica
Senior Interview Manager.
[email protected]

====================================================================
Advertisement

#311885 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:10 pm
Domain Name: MEDSTARHEALTHS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 12-aug-2016
Creation Date: 12-aug-2016
Expiration Date: 12-aug-2017

Registrant Name: WHOIS AGENT
Registrant Organization: WHOIS PRIVACY PROTECTION SERVICE, INC.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#322273 by vonpaso xlura Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 pm
Please post the invitation, including the email address and any websites involved. That will help others recognize the scam.

How did you send the money? If by bank transfer, contact your bank's fraud department. If by Western Union or MoneyGram, and it has been picked up, there is nothing you can do.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#335212 by CMinor Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:33 am
I was contacted with the same information yesterday and completed a full interview with a guy named Anton Collins email address [email protected] on google hangout. He asked me to send two forms of identification to [email protected] which I did thinking it was a legitimate job interview given all the questions he was asking and how reputable the company was. I haven't gone any further with it but am curious if I need to contact someone because of him having my information?
#335341 by Carla Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:30 pm
I was contacted by [email protected] through Upworks, who asked me to add him and [email protected] to Hangout. They asked for two forms of ID, which I gave them. I was also sent an "offer" letter, which looked legit. The one thing I did wonder about was the [email protected] email had an 's' after health. I looked the company up, and there are MedStar Health companies in the Baltimore/DC area. I'm going to call their HR number and ask about this job. If it is a scam, which at this point seems likely, MedStar needs to know about it.

When I emailed with Brent, he asked me what my limit was on my credit card and if I could get it increased. That bothered me as well. I think maybe its a good thing that my credit card was compromised by a skimmer at a gas station and I'm waiting on a new one!!
#335483 by 4X1X9 Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:45 am
Hi Clara, welcome to Scamwarners and thanks for the research you did on this one.

It is common for scammers to copy legitimate companies (piggyback) in order to make themselves look legit. However there are usually tell-tale signs like Email addresses as you picked up on. Another is poor spelling, punctuation and grammar in their correspondence.