Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#391905 by Michelle Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you for applying to the Driving position. I'm glad to read from you regarding the DRIVER job I posted on CL. I am looking to hire a Personal Driver immediately. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated professional with exceptional driving skills and stellar customer service in person. This position requires a high level of professionalism, vast knowledge of the surrounding area and traffic rules.

ABOUT ME:
I'm Dr Hollie Broadbent, I'm from Ontario, Canada. I am 71 years old, educated (Retired Medical Practitioner ). I'm cultural, with great sense of humor, good morals, very much down to earth and with a noble character. I enjoy meeting people and making new friends, I can say particularly that I do have a very kind heart. Although due to my age I'm hearing impaired so I communicate mostly via text and email. Anything other than that I am fit and healthy.

ABOUT THE JOB:
It is my pleasure to bring to your notice that I'll be coming to the states for the next 2 months for charity work, seminars and vacation for my self. As part of my trip, I will be going to leisure spots, cinemas, site seeing, deaf culture seminars etc. I will be spending 8 weeks, so I'm going to need a personal driver/chauffeur during my stay. The ideal candidate must be a safe driver with experience and also have some sort of mailing experience via USPS or FedEx as I would be mailing out some charity goods and gifts items periodically.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
My arrival date is on Friday the 2nd of August, so basically I have about 5 weeks to finalize plans. My flight details / itinerary will be emailed to you in advance prior to our arrival so as to give you ample time to get yourself prepared and ready. On the first day, you will pick me up from the airport and drop me off at the luxury apartment I'm renting. I want you to know that I'll be responsible for the ( Car hire cost and the Gas fee ) so all I will be needing you from is your driving skills and knowledge of surrounding areas. I also would like to bring to your notice that I've found a car which I will be renting for you to drive. It is a Mercedes-Benz S Class ( 2018 Model ), so I will make arrangements with the car hire company and then will let you know ahead of time when it will be delivered to your preferred location.

To proceed, I would like for you to confirm the following questions;

1. Would you be available to drive me during the weekend, basically on Saturdays or Sundays ?

2. Apart from the weekend, would you be able to drive us once during the week day ( evening shift )?

3. Do you have mailing experience via ( USPS or FED-EX )?

PAY: I'm offering you $250 x 2 days = $500 weekly. A total of 10 hours per week.

I will appreciate your quick response so we can sort out details and proceed further.

Advertisement

#391906 by Michelle Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:32 pm

I hope your day is going great? Once again I'm glad you are willing to be my driver. On the first day, you will have to pick me up from the airport and drop me at the luxury apartment I'm renting as scheduled. Like I stated in my previous email, I'll be responsible for the (Car hire cost and the Gas fee ) so I will make arrangement with the office of the car rental company and then I'll let you know ahead of time when it will be delivered to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: My arrival date remains Friday the 2nd of August,2019. All flight details / itinerary will be emailed to you in advance prior to my arrival so as to give you ample time to get yourself prepared and ready. This is my second trip; My first was a few years ago.

PAYMENT TERMS:
Concerning the payment, I will instruct my client in the US to mail you a payment in form of a check which will include payment for your first week duties and the amount needed for the rental of the car. Once you receive the check, I want you to have the check deposited at your Bank, deduct the sum of $500 as payment for the first week's service and then have the remaining funds on the check sent to the private car hire company so they can start processing the delivery of the vehicle to your specified address.

Furthermore, I will be happy if you could get back to me with the following details of yours so that the payment can be issued out to you right away and delivered via USPS in a couple days. Also I need you to confirm that your details and address, ( including apt # ) is correct to avoid any delays during delivery.

To proceed, do email me the following;

Full legal name:
Full mailing address ( including apt # ) :
City, State, Zip Code:
Cell #:
Email address:
Acceptance of offer ( You can sign with your signature or your initials ):

I will appreciate your quick response if you are completely satisfied with the offer as I am willing to instruct my client to go ahead and issue out the funds right away for the payment of your first week's service and for the private car hire company. I look forward to your quick response.

Thank you, I look forward to meeting you.