Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#346080 by jsmuckers Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:54 pm
I received the same message. I looked at their website http://www.topglobalrecruitment.com it lists:

Ryan Torres
CEO & C0-FOUNDER
Neal Martinez
SENIOR EXECUTIVE RECRUITER
Andres Robinson
HEAD OF LEADERSHIP CONSULTING
Stephen Adams
MANAGING DIRECTOR, EXECUTIVE SEARCH

A subsequent search in linkedin or google comes up with no information on any of the four individuals listed above. So will pass on this particularly since this is a form letter. Not sure what the objective is other than collecting information on people to create some database repository.
Advertisement

#346200 by Another Victim Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 pm
Same here, but now its: Top Global Recruitment Group

Hello XXXXX,

I received your information from Mr. Torres, I am the team lead on this project and I look forward to work with you. For the next step, you can expect to receive a standard NDA within next couple of hours. Due to the confidentiality requirements from our clients, I cannot share any details with you until this part is completed. It's a very straight forward, one page document. Please review it and e-sign it, as soon as that is completed I will share more details about the opportunity and schedule a brief call to discuss more.

You will get an email directly from our e-sign provider. You do not need to sign up for an account and you do not need to forward the completed document to me. Simply open the document and e-sign it and we will receive a copy and I will be notified automatically as soon as you do that.

Sincerely,

Neal Martienz
Senior Executive Recruiter

Top Global Recruitment Group
http://www.topglobalrecruitment.com
25 West 43rd St, Suite 214,
Midtown West, New York, NY 10036
1-866-257-1656 x131

People are asking what these fulls can do with your information. They can call your company and pretend that they are you. Based on your position "XXX asked me to do xwz"..
#346873 by Another Victim Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:44 pm
Like clock work:

Hello XXX,

We just got off the phone meeting with the client. Unfortunately the deal fell apart due to some conflict of interest. This is a surprise for us as we were under the impression that deal was already completed and were expecting to get our retainer agreement signed today. There is another investor who is interested and we have already sent them an intro email, if they complete the acquisition we will try our best to get back on the project.

I really appreciate your time and interest and I am sorry about how this turned out and I hope you understand, this has nothing to do with your candidacy. This is just how these things work sometimes. If you let me know your salary, location and any other important requirements I can forward it to my colleagues and see if there is another matching opportunity.

I will keep your contact information saved and will contact you if something similar comes up in the future. I wish and hope things work out better for everyone. Again, thank you very much for your time, and good luck with your search. Let's try to stay in touch via email incase something else comes up in the future but either way, I wish you best of luck with your search.

Sincerely,
Neal Martienz

Top Global Recruitment Group
http://www.topglobalrecruitment.com
25 West 43rd St, Suite 214,
Midtown West, New York, NY 10036
1-866-257-1656 x131
#349771 by marzillo Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:51 am
Hi all,

I received a similar email but this time from Surge Recruiting. The content of the email is very similar to what all of you received but from different people.

Initial Email...

Hello XXXXX,
I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am CEO/Founder of Surge Recruiting Inc. and our client has retained us to fill various C-level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.

If you are interested in learning more, please reply back to this email with an updated copy of your resume and I will connect you with the recruiter leading this project and schedule an introductory call.

Best Regards,
Alex Francisco
CEO/Executive Recruiter
P.S: We are a retained search firm and get paid by the employer. You will not be asked to share any confidential information or pay any fees.
Surge Recruiting Inc.
http://www.surgerecruiting.com
1115 Broadway, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10010
1- 800-349-9039 x102

Second email...(I did send my resume in)

Hello XXXXX,
I received your information from Mr. Francisco, I am the team lead on this project and I look forward to working with you. For the next step, you can expect to receive a standard NDA in the email within next couple of hours. Due to the confidentiality requirements from our clients, I cannot share any details with you until this part is completed. It's a very straight forward, one page document. Please review it and e-sign it, as soon as that is completed I will share more details about the opportunity and schedule a brief call to discuss more.

You will get an email directly from our e-sign provider. You do not need to sign up for an account and you do not need to forward the completed document to me. Simply open the document and e-sign it and we will receive a copy and I will be notified automatically as soon as you do that.

Sincerely,
Barry Turner

Surge Recruiting Inc.
1115 Broadway,11th Floor
New York, NY
800-349-9039x105

Email after I signed the NDA (wish I did not but it has generic language so I'm not too concerned)

XXXXX,

Thank you, we have received your agreement. We have a meeting scheduled with the client next week and I should have all the details for you after that. I will check my schedule and let you know few time slots for a brief phone call after our meeting.

I am having trouble uploading your resume in our candidate management system. Have you ever had issues with your resume before? There may be an issue with the file, can you please send me another copy so I can try again. You have a professionally written resume so I am not sure what the issue is. Did you pay a professional to write this?

Sincerely,
Barry Turner

Surge Recruiting Inc.
1115 Broadway,11th Floor
New York, NY
800-349-9039x105

Last Email...

Hello XXXXX,

I am still having the same issue. I asked my colleague and apparently it is a common issue. He instructed me to ask you to check your resume through a free tool (https://www.testresume.com) and see if you can identify and fix the problem.

We can open the file without any issues but the problem is with the way information in your resume is structured and formatting used which is resulting in a lot of missing information in experience fields when your resume is parsed by the candidate management systems. Please check your resume and try fixing the issue so we dont have to manually type everything in our candidate tracking system.

We have a call scheduled with the client on Tuesday next week and I will try to make a brief introduction. I am available for call anytime on Wednesday next week, let me know a time that works for you and I will give you a call to discuss the next steps and in the meantime please try to get your resume issue fixed so our timing is not affected.

Sincerely,
Barry Turner

Surge Recruiting Inc.
1115 Broadway,11th Floor
New York, NY
800-349-9039x105

We have not gotten to the point where they say the deal fell through. I did check out the resume test site and it gave me a score of 51 out of 100. It referred me to Layered Resumes

Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for uploading your resume at Test Resume Tool.
Your resume has scored 51 points out of 100.

Our tool provides automatic assessment and scores your resume based on various factors and is not guaranteed to be reliable but our system identified issues and we recommend you optimize your resume for Resume Parsing and Applicant Tracking Systems.

Our users have reported having success getting their resumes optimized through https://www.layeredresumes.com. They guarantee that resumes optimized through them will pass all Applicant Tracking Systems. We strongly recommend you to request a free review from them to see whats causing the failures in your resume.

Since this is a free tool at this time, we cannot dedicate time for one-on-one support. We hope that our free tool and the resources listed above will help you optimize your resume for ATS systems.

Best Regards,
TestResume Team
https://testresume.com

They want $99 for ATS optimization and up to $169 for senior level professional resume design. This whole thing appears to be a scam to get you to buy the resume service. I don't think they are doing anything with the NDA or the Resume you submit. It's just an elaborate scheme in which they appear to change their name often. TP Recruiting does not exist any longer. Top Global Recruitment and Surge Recruiting both exist still but their web sites are remarkably similar. The top 4 execs are different with different pics but their titles are identical.

The execs at Surge Recruiting are below. I'm on only listing them since their web site will likely be taken down once they realize they have been revealed. None have a LinkedIn account (except Alex) and I couldn't find any info on them anywhere. They are like ghosts. No info on Surge anywhere either. Their address is actuall a virtual address that can be found at https://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/n ... ility-1224

Alex Francisco - CEO & Co-Founder (has a linked in profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-francisco-12944b155/ but only 41 contacts which is pretty low for a CEO of a recruitment firm that has been in business since 1994)
Bary Turner - Senior Executive Recruiter (name is spelled with one "r" on site but email has two)
Ray Philips - Head of Leadership Consulting
Rhonda Patrick - Managing Director, Executive Search

I feel really embarrassed that I fell for this crap! I'm normally very careful. I didn't actually pay for any of the resume services but I did, initially, think this might be legit until the issue with my resume came into play. That's when I started to investigate further. Shame on me for letting my guard down. Lesson learned!!!
#350075 by marzillo Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:32 pm
Perfect Match! Just got the exact same email from the so called Barry Turner. They have clearly changed their identity to Surge Recruiting.

Hello XXXXX,

We just got off the phone meeting with the client. Unfortunately the deal fell apart due to some conflict of interest. This is a surprise for us as we were under the impression that deal was already completed and were expecting to get our retainer agreement signed today. There is another investor who is interested and we have already sent them an intro email, if they complete the acquisition we will try our best to get back on the project.

I really appreciate your time and interest and I am sorry about how this turned out and I hope you understand, this has nothing to do with your candidacy. This is just how these things work sometimes. If you let me know your salary, location and any other important requirements I can forward it to my colleagues and see if there is another matching opportunity.

I will keep your contact information saved and will contact you if something similar comes up in the future. I wish and hope things work out better for everyone. Again, thank you very much for your time, and good luck with your search. Let's try to stay in touch via email incase something else comes up in the future but either way, I wish you best of luck with your search.

Sincerely,
Barry Turner

Surge Recruiting Inc.
1115 Broadway,11th Floor
New York, NY
800-349-9039x105
#359205 by DeanLo Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 pm
So - I ALMOST fell for it... It looks like the name's are HirePro Recruiting of Chelsea New York and they use http://WWW.Resumes-experts.com to get the ATS Optimization money...
Here are some of the emails I received...

First it was this:
Hello Dean,
I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am senior executive recruiter at HirePro Recruiting. and our client has retained us to fill various senior level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.
If you are interested in learning more, please reply back to this email with an updated copy of your resume and I will connect you with the recruiter leading this project and schedule an introductory call.
Best regards,
Brad Larsen

HirePro Recruiting
http://www.hireprorecruiting.com
124 West 30th Street, 3rd Floor - Suite 203
Chelsea New York, NY 10001
+1 888-767-1104 x26
******************************************************************************************************
Then I got this after I replied:

Hello Dean,

This email is in response to the resume you've sent to us. I am team leader on this project and have received your information from Mr. Larsen.
I will check my schedule and let you know few time slots for a brief phone call.
I am having trouble uploading your resume in our candidate management system. Have you ever had issues with your resume before? There may be an issue with the file, can you please send me another copy so I can try again. You have a professionally written resume so I am not sure what the issue is. Did you pay a professional to write this?
Best regards,
Jason Jordan
Executive Recruiter

HirePro Recruiting
+1 888-767-1104 x22
**********************************************************************************
Then they get even better.... I sent a word version of my resume and got this reply

Hello Dean,
I am still having the same issue with your resume. I asked my colleague and apparently it is a common issue. He instructed me to ask you to get a free resume review from http://www.layeredresumes.com and see if you can identify and fix the problem.
We can open the file without any issues but the problem is with the way information in your resume is structured and formatting used which is resulting in a lot of missing information in experience fields when your resume is parsed by the candidate management systems. Please check your resume and try fixing the issue so we dont have to manually type everything in our candidate tracking system.
For reasons of confidentiality and non-disclosure, I am not able to share any details of the vacancy or company with you at this time, unfortunately. However, we have a meeting scheduled with the client on Thursday, and I would love to discuss the opportunity with you in detail after that.
I will be available for a call any time on Friday. Simply reply to this email and let me know the time that suits you best and I will give you a call to discuss the next steps and in the meantime please try to get your resume issue fixed so our timing is not affected.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Best regards,
Jason Jordan
Executive Recruiter

HirePro Recruiting
+1 888-767-1104 x22
*****************************************************************************************
This is now from Resume-Experts.com (Yeah - I went to the link.. But I checked it first....)

Resumes Experts
ORDER #5746

Thank you for your purchase!
View your order

or Visit our store

Order summary

Free Resume Review × 1 $0.00

Subtotal $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Total $0.00 USD

Customer information
DeanLo

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at [email protected]

********************************************************************************************
This was their last response - I never actually gave them my Credit Card.. As I started doing some research..

Mr. Dean,

Thank you very much for the note. I was notified that your payment was not successfully processed. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Please follow the link below to complete your order:

https://checkout.shopify.com/17411157/c ... 52c0e45e7a

If you still face the same issue then please try a different card.

P.S: I will put a special note for your order to expedite the process for you.

Sincerely,
Nelson

And now you know....
:bondage:
#374624 by DLJD Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:32 pm
This group has rebranded as FS Recruting. The name has changed, but the correspondence is exactly the same.

FIRST CONTACT

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am senior executive recruiter at FS Recruiting Inc. and our client has retained us to fill various senior level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.

P.S: We are a retained search firm and get paid by the employer. You will not be asked to share any confidential information or pay any fees.

Best regards,
Jeff Walker
FS Recruiting Inc.

SECOND CONTACT

This email is in response to the resume you've sent to us. I am team leader on this project and have received your information from Mr. Walker.

I will check my schedule and let you know few time slots for a brief phone call.

Best regards,
Fred Green
Executive Recruiter
FS Recruiting Inc.

THIRD CONTACT (Scam red-flag went up)

I am still having the same issue with your resume. I asked my colleague and apparently it is a common issue. He instructed me to ask you to get a free resume review from https://www.resumereviews.net and see if you can identify and fix the problem.

For reasons of confidentiality and non-disclosure, I am not able to share any details of the vacancy or company with you at this time, unfortunately. However, we have a meeting scheduled with the client on Tuesday next week, and I would love to discuss the opportunity with you in detail after that.

I will be available for a call any time on Wednesday next week. Simply reply to this email and let me know the time that suits you best and I will give you a call to discuss the next steps and in the meantime please try to get your resume issue fixed so our timing is not affected.

Best regards,
Fred Green
Executive Recruiter
FS Recruiting Inc.
#375290 by buckweaver Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:01 pm
Same thing here. Different fake recruiter.

EMAIL #1

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am senior executive recruiter at ProRecruiting Solutions Inc. and our client has retained us to fill various senior level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.

Best Regards,

David Miller

ProRecruiting Solutions Inc.
http://www.prorecruitingsolutions.com
1450 Broadway 7th floor,
New York, NY 10018, USA

EMAIL #2

This email is in response to the resume you've sent to us. I am team leader on this project and have received your information from Mr. Miller.

Best regards,

Richard Clark
Executive Recruiter

1450 Broadway 7th floor,
New York, NY 10018, USA

Toll Free
1- 888-398-0230​x27

EMAIL #3
I am still having the same issue with your resume. I asked my colleague and apparently it is a common issue. He instructed me to ask you to get a free resume review from https://www.resumereviews.net and see if you can identify and fix the problem.

For reasons of confidentiality and non-disclosure, I am not able to share any details of the vacancy or company with you at this time, unfortunately. However, we have a meeting scheduled with the client on Thursday, and I would love to discuss the opportunity with you in detail after that.

I will be available for a call any time on Friday. Simply reply to this email and let me know the time that suits you best and I will give you a call to discuss the next steps and in the meantime please try to get your resume issue fixed so our timing is not affected.

Best regards,

Richard Clark
Executive Recruiter

1450 Broadway 7th floor,
New York, NY 10018, USA

Toll Free
1- 888-398-0230​x27
#376265 by jmiller Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 pm
The Pro Recruiting scam is alive and well in November. I too went to the "free: resume review, but the red flag went up. The three emails, sender and sequence match exactly. I am so glad this board is here to point out the fraudsters. A quick look at their sites WHOIS shows it was created last year:

WHOIS search results
Domain Name: prorecruitingsolutions.com
Registry Domain ID: 2131823631_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2018-07-20T03:19:29Z
Creation Date: 2017-06-08T00:53:06Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-06-08T00:53:06Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
#380792 by rhuelsey Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 pm
Now they have moved on to SS RECRUITING [Removed - AJ]

Thanks so much for posting this - saved me a lot of time trying to search for non-existent issues with my resume
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed information educating scammer
#380795 by AlanJones Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 pm
Thanks for posting, please post details of the website, email addresses, etc that they are now using.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381906 by Vicki70 Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:30 pm
Yes, I started researching a company "SS Recruiting" - because honestly, to have THAT name? I'm sorry, but didn't ANYONE see a red flag with THAT as a name??! :yikes:

Of course, I gave it the benefit of the doubt with the first two emails and sent my resume.... So what does this mean for me (or anyone else who sent them a resume to begin with!) now?

I have already received carbon copies of the emails that have already been posted here.

Here is the latest email after I asked to not be contacted again (because I saw there is ONE other review of SS Recruiting, saying they are phishing to get you to buy their resume writing services) and I didn't see that in this thread yet and wanted to share:

Hello xxx,

I tried both files again and still having the same issue, there is something wrong on our side and our software provider is working on fixing this issue. I ended up having our assistant enter all your information in the system manually. We are good for now, sorry about the hassle.

We have a call scheduled with the client next week and I will have all the details for you then. I will give you a call after our meeting with client to discuss the next steps.

Best regards,

Matthew Watson

SS Recruiting Inc.
http://www.ssrecruiting.com

110 West 40th Street, 23rd Floor -
Suite 501, New York, NY 10018.

+1 (866) 302-7802 ​x28
#381908 by Vicki70 Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:41 pm
Wanted to also add this email to the list, as you can all see that the copy is the the same, but the names have been changed.

- - -

Hello xxx,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am Senior Executive Recruiter at SS Recruiting Inc. and our client has retained us to fill various C-level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.

Best Regards,

Steven Lee

SS Recruiting Inc.
http://www.ssrecruiting.com
110 West 40th Street, 23rd Floor -
Suite 501, New York, NY 10018
1- 866-302-7802​ x19
#397019 by arkady23 Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 am
They're still up to the same tricks under another name:

Hello XXXXX,

I am still having the same issue. I asked my colleague and apparently, it is a common issue. He instructed me to ask you to check your resume through http://resumereviews.net and see if you can identify and fix the problem.

We can open the file without any issues but the problem is with the way information in your resume is structured and formatting used which is resulting in a lot of missing information in experience fields when your resume is parsed by the candidate management systems. Please check your resume and try fixing the issue so we don't have to manually type everything in our candidate tracking system.

We have a call scheduled with the client on Tuesday next week and I will try to make a brief introduction. I am available for a call anytime on Wednesday next week, let me know a time that works for you and I will give you a call to discuss the next steps and in the meantime please try to get your resume issue fixed so our timing is not affected.

Best Regards,

Emma Stone

CCG Recruiting Inc.
www.ccgrecruiting.com

153 W 27th St Suite 502 - 4th Floor

New York, NY 10001