Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#32789 by Moogle Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 am
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Couldn't see anywhere else to so apologies if its in the wrong place!
It's employment related and received today.

You have to have a famous university diploma on your wall.?
Sent: 11 July 2010 14:44:33
To: removed in case it is the OP's address--dotti
You are trying to do your best but your boss doesn’t offer you a higher salary because you don’t have a diploma?
Or maybe your salary directly depends on the diploma you have? It’s to make some changes.
We can help you with the following situation by offering you a diploma of any university in a short period of time.
We have proven to thousands that we work but not just say.
Call us through the following numbers:
Inside USA.: 1-718-989-5740 Outside USA.: +1-718-989-5740 to get a full consultation concerning this matter.
Leave your first and last name and your telephone number (with country code) for us to contact you back.
No barriers, no cares – just live your life fully.

Sounds suspect to me. Or maybe I'm just skeptical in my old age.
If you read it carefully you'll realize that diplomas in spelling and grammar are clearly unavailable!
Advertisement

#32795 by Dotti Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:04 am
While this is not the type of employment scam we normally deal with here, you are absolutely right to suspect this--it is a scam.

Many of these companies charge a fee and then issue a certificate or a "degree" that is supposedly based on life or work experience. These did not come from, and are not recognized by, any accredited educational institution. They also will not be recognized by any employer.

In short, this "degree" will be worth as much as the piece of paper it is printed on.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.