Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#257037 by Karla Newbury Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 pm
I'm coming here from 419eaters forum, a member mentioned it would be a good idea to post over here!

A while back, I set up an account on the website Care.com for pet sitting jobs. It turned out to be a bust, the only thing I get is a ton of junk messages from them. :P

Well out of the blue I get a text message from +1-702-663-6119

Hello ,This is Lisa ,i am hard hearing , i got youre number on care.com email on ([email protected]) and i will be moving down to your area soon Text me your email address and i will need a petsitter for my 4 chihuahua puppies, let me know if you are interested.Thanks

Googling her e-mail I found it connected to some other Care.com-esque scams. So I sent her a lame response to see if it would creep her out, but no, she was perfectly fine and sent me this e-mail

Hello, thank you for responding to my text.. I live in RI, but i am moving to your area soon on 30th of June 2015 and i will need a petsitter for my 4 chihuahua puppies immediately between the hours of 1:30 pm to 6:30pm Monday`s through Friday`s and you can find their pictures below and i will also need you for an errand to help my mom pay her bills and do some shopping for my mom and son as started in my text . I hope you are available this hours, or let me know when its convenience for you .More importantly, I am willing to pay you just try and get back to me and let me know how much you want for the petcare and the errand. I really need a honest and responsible person. This could be a temporary/permanent job. It depends on what your schedule looks like but i do like to be sure if you are available the first month. I am moving to a new house that i need to fix some interior and get furniture and have contacted the furniture company because i don't know if you will like to stay in my house, that really depend on what you want. I will let you know as soon as we finalize issues. I will like you to send me your complete name,address and cell phone number so i can include that to my payroll for the period. I also will like you to tell me a few things about yourself. Here is a little about me. I am a single mother, I am 39 and i am hard of hearing. I have lived in Irving, Texas before. I attended Texas School for the Deaf because i am hard hearing where i achieved my highest qualification. I have my own business (Self Employed).

I am never married. I attend the catholic. You will get to know more when we meet. Kindly include in your email your complete name,address and also your cell phone number so i can text you in case i need to pass an urgent information.NOTE : let me know your charges hourly or daily for the weekdays only? and any other thing you think of my 4 chihuahua puppies will need so that i can make provision and also if there is anything you need to get to take care of them,please do tell me so that we can make all necessary arrangements prior to our arrival date. I await to hear back from you. and also i will like you to take few minutes of your time to answer the few questions below

1)Can you drive?

2)Can you swim?

3) Do you smoke??

4)Do you have any criminal records?doesn't really matters to me as long as you have learn from your past mistakes,An ready to give you a chance.

5)where are you located presently and what is the address of McDonald's close to you ?

6) Are you First Aid and CPR certified?? ( Its just an added Advantage..)

7) Total charges for 2 weeks

(Mon,Wed,Fridays) (weekdays only)

(1:30 pm - 6:30 pm)

8) Date Of Birth ?

Thank you

(I put my favorite parts in bold)

I responded to her inquires mentioning a slew of horrible information that would make even the most reckless person never reply back (criminal record, drug use, can't swim...) but she was still interested and replied back

i need someone who would take care of my Puppies for long as she or he can and ,I'm an independent bookkeeper contractor and i also produce for charity and with this Job i travel alot so you can work as long as you want with me but you have to be honest and straight forward ....I have decided to choose you for this position and i do hope for a very eventful time with you while you look after my son and an errand . My Dog names are , Jason ,Jack, pinkky and mercy . I will like to state the job details to you again so we wouldn't have any complications at the end.The start date is 6th of July 2015..The pay rate is $15/Hour You will be paid for his snacks/food daily or at the end of each week (which ever you prefer).about 6 months ago i had hired a pet sitter for my dogs along West Colfax Avenue but she moved to Canada with her husband about 3months ago. I will like for us to meet on (3rd July,2015) evening so we can talk about the puppies-fun activities i will be interested in and get to know each other. We could meet at the McDonald's close to you if that works for you.I once booked a pet sitter and on arrival she told me she got another job which was a big disappointment.For this reason,I will like to commit you by paying (DEPOSITING) you for the first week of your service before our arrival to secure the date so i can be absolutely sure of having you care for the puppies to enable things go perfectly without disappointment.I am planning on having furniture and other interior appliances for immediate delivery to my new house after payment so that you guys can stay in my house if you want and everything will be ready in my house and i want to ensure we are on the same page

Me and my puppies can not wait to see you, but i will need you for errand helper before i move down which you will be pay for separately because some house interior need to pay for and pay some bills for my mom but you will do all this at the Walmart Store close to you , So i really need you to be honest with me and you will never regret with me .. We can meet at any McDonald closer . I hope this is a convenient time for you. I will appreciate you working for us as one family not just a pet sitter. That increases the love and build a great partnership between us. I was able to finalized with the furniture company. The Furniture and other little house interior cost $2400. so i will be mailing your first week payment ($35/hr x 5hrs/day = $75 x 5days a week= $600) of your own money $375 plus an additional deposit of $2400 to make a total of $2,775 on the check as soon as i hear back from you.The additional money is for the money for your to run an errand and do some shopping, pay bills for mom and my son, which you will also be pay for separately, You will also need to pay for my furniture and some house interior but you will only make all the payment at the Walmart close to you ...I will let you know mom utilities bills and some shopping to do for them as soon as the check clears. Kindly let me know if this is clear so i can proceed to mailing the check immediately

Best Regards

Lisa whitaker

This is the last message from her. Apparently asking what Walmart is just bummed her out. I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything related to this (basically scamming coming from another website) I'm still not sure how she got my phone number.

I do wonder about the swimming part. So bizarre.[/quote]

Some information to add, I do not know how s/he got my cellphone number, and I have cut all communication with the number and e-mail
Advertisement

#258820 by Karla Newbury Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:42 pm
Received same scam type from a different number

+17025366657

Hello,i saw you on care.com profile.I need service of a Dog walker ASAP. Kindly email me [email protected] So i can send you the necessary Itinerary.Thanks

Upon replying with an e-mail (I e-mailed from a secondary e-mail and got the same misspelled, bad grammar-ed message)

Thanks for your email and respond toward the Dog Walker position, Am sorry for my late response I'm Brendon Sklar me and my family are relocating to the City from Spain.We are coming there to do some contract basis with my research for Marriott Holdings.I'm relocating to the USA for 3 yrs on my research and arrangement has been made with my Wife uncle who has helped us to buy a house before he passed away last week ,Now i need someone who could help look after our dog.He has been sent to the ASPCA institute, It came to our attention that our dog hasn't been taking care off up to our expectation.Now we want to take him out .I will be offering you $300 a week to help us take care of him,before our arrival which would be in two weeks time.I need to get you informed that i have financier in the state who will be handling payment for your service,if you be interested in working with Sklar 's family i will like you to get back to me with requested information
below. Our dog is a 3years old Border Collie..

So Fill This Application And Email It Back Here Asap!!!

First Name______________________
Middle Name If Any___________________________
Last Name_____________________________
Full Street Address with apt#_____________________________
City, State, Zip Code______________________________________
Sex________Age_________
Cell Phone Number (___)___________________________________
Home Phone Number(___)___________________________________
Email:____________________________
Current Job:____________________________

I want you to fill your daily schedule so i will know when you will be available for for this position..

Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

All we need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of working with my Family. I will be waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Brendon Sklar

Then after replying with some insanely stupid responses, I was shockingly hired!

Hello Hugh,

First assignment payment has been mailed out through USPS courier service and it was scheduled to deliver to you today at 1:00PM/3:00PM.Here is the tracking number for the payment delivery via USPS: ( -retracted; it was a real tracking number though- ) As soon as the payment ( check $1,855.80 ) is delivered, you can proceed with the below INSTRUCTIONS.

below INSTRUCTIONS.

Here is how to go about the transaction, the financial officer has given strict instructions that as soon as you get this payment, You can use your mobile deposit/ATM or take it to your bank and get it deposited it.Payment will take 24hrs to clear and once the payment has cleared, have your weekly part payment deducted $150 while you have what is left over withdrawn out in cash,then take the rest of the money to a Money Gram Money Transfer office and send it to the ASPCA agency who has custody of my dog.

Below is the ASPCA’s headquarter information where you will wire the rest of the funds to after making your deduction to cover the breech of contract fee you, Here's where the chief account at presently so you will send the funds to her present destination.:

RECEIVER'S NAME - Sean Walker
City: CAPE CANAVERAL
Sate: Florida
Zip Code: 32920

There is always a MoneyGram charge associated to this wire Service (money in minutes),have the charges deducted from the Supplier (left over) and have what is left over wired to the ASPCA information and as soon as that is done, get back to me with the MoneyGram transaction details as listed below :

REQUESTED DETAILS AFTER MAKING THE FUND TRANSFER.

Sender Name and Address:
Reference Number (8 digits) :
Amount Sent:
Money Gram Charges:

PAYMENT SUMMARY :
First part week Salary --- $150.00
Money Gram transfer charges -- $33.92
Supplier's Fund --- $1,596.63

I will be waiting to read back from you Asap today and i also have some other assignment for you to be done this week.I want you to be rest assured that I'll never stress you at all in any assignment given to you and i promise to pay your fee weekly as we both agreed.Email me the details of the transfer as soon as the money is sent. I will need the Reference Number with the total amount sent to my supplier after the transfer fees is deducted from the money. As soon as the payment has been confirmed you would be contacted OK by the agency Please go ahead and get the check deposited asap today. Email me the details of the transfer as soon as the assignment is completed . I will be on the lookout for your email to confirm that the money has been sent to my Agency

Take good care of yourself.

Kindly get back to me Asap.

Thanks,

MR Brendon Sklar
Text: (863) 417-5329

Yeaahhhh, there is no such thing as the ASPCA Institute, and they definitely likely wouldn't mistreat your dog if it was there!

hope this helps anyone Google these names or getting messages.
#258848 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:52 pm
Thanks for posting! Both of those messages were written by Africans, not Americans. The numbers in 702 are in the southernmost county of Nevada.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#264915 by ikimmybee Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 pm
I have received the same text from Brendon Sklar. :=)
This time, he used an IM: deniere.grant telling me to email him at [email protected] to know more about the job. Again, he saw my profile at Care.com.

Most scammers want to talk via email first instead of using the mail service of the website which is already a red flag. Anyway, I emailed him back and asked about the opportunity. He emailed me the same exact format written above. Creepy ass scammers.

I am blocking his email. :idea:
#289433 by AwesomePoly Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 pm
I received an email from Brendon Skylar ([email protected]) However, I accepted the position and I got paid $150 a week for working 1- 2 hours a day for two days within the week. So I make $300 every two weeks but working for only four days during that time frame. How is it a scam when I am getting paid and working for less? All I have to do is transfer money (through money gram) to the contacts he tells me. That's it. And he pays for my gas too. So I don't know how that is a scam? Please can someone explain.
#289434 by AlanJones Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:10 pm
^^^ The money that you are receiving and transferring is the proceeds of crime, that makes you guilty of fraud and money laundering. When the crime is discovered, the only person using their real details will be you, so it will be you that the authorities investigate and possibly charge.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.