Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#257257 by adonova11 Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 am
Good day to You,

How are you doing? I'm jessica henleys and my husband name is Mark, we have a son and I'm 6 months pregnant and this is going to be our second child by god's grace.. We are relocating to your neighborhood from florida. I recently got a contract with a company on a private research job.

Which city and sur-burbs are you?

We need someone to work 3 days per week 4 hours per day, we are searching for someone who could help take care of my house, Help me and watch my Son. while my husband is off to work also Someone that can help in running some errands majorly for me because of my present condition, I recently got involved in a car accident and was hospitalized, I'm doing better now but will need someone to do most of the errands for me.

I will be offering you $350 weekly, i will be needing your services for 4 hours at any suitable time of yours during the week. If you believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and good person, I will instruct my financial clerk to pay for the first week before our arrival so as to secure your service in advance.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

jessica henleys
Advertisement

#257260 by AlanJones Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:53 am
It's a scam.

adonova11 wrote:We are relocating to your neighborhood from florida

adonova11 wrote:Which city and sur-burbs are you?

They're moving to your neighbourhood, but don't know which city you are in!

Please post the email address the scammer is using.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#257282 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:25 am
In addition to the above illogic, the writer is obviously African, not Floridian. Please post the email address (both From and Reply-To, full headers appreciated) and any website the scammer has made.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#264784 by Shinji493 Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:22 pm
I was just googling Jessica Henleys, as I also recieved an email from her... Actually, weirdly, I got this text first:

Hi,my name is Sandra Thomson,A friend of mine needs a pet sitter for her DOG,I got your information on care.com .Kindly email her at jessicahenleys@hotma

Since I legit have an account there, I decided to give it a try.

Me:
Hi Jessica, my name is <::::> Your friend Sandra (Thomson) texted me yesterday. She said you need someone to petsit your dog? I'm not sure I'd be available to do so, as I have a rather packed schedule and school resuming shortly, but if you could send me the details I'd be happy to check!
Hope this reaches you well,
<::::>

Her:
Hello,
How are you doing? my name is jessica henleys,You are right about your service needed . I am relocating to your neighborhood from Australia. I recently got a contract with a company on a private research job. However, i need someone that will help in running some few errands and pet sitting.

Which city and suburb are you?

I need someone to work 3 days per week 4 hours per day, someone that is mature whether young or older, loves pets, reliable and punctual. You will take care of a yr old Australian Terrier for three days a week and will have to take him on a walk, give him a bath, meals, brush his hair and make him comfortable while we are away.

Responsibilities for him will be to look after him, feed him meals, bath, keep him clean and safe. My pet is my life so i entrust you to give him the best care..

I will be offering you $300 weekly, i will be needing your services for 4 hours at any suitable time of yours between monday to sunday. If you believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and good person, I will instruct my financial to pay for the first week before our arrival so as to secure your service in advance.

So, notice the similarities? I hadn't googled her yet, and replied. Ive cut out the personal details within...

Jessica (or do you prefer Ms Henleys?),

I'm definitely interested in working for you, so long as scheduling & distance can be figured out/are reasonable. <location details> ... Where are you moving? Also, when would you expect to begin?

As for potential hours, are any days/hours really fine? Would they need to be the same hours on each day? <scheduling details>

My other timing question is to ask how long you expect this job would last - are you here long term, or after a few months do you expect the contract to be complete?

As for the rest, I do believe myself suitable & capable of what you're looking for. I can provide you a reference for prior dogsitting if you'd like, as well.

Lastly, what's your dog's name? What's he like? I'd love to hear a bit on his personality!

~<::::>

She took the name of a town I mentioned and used it in her response...
No problem about working for us, we will be living in <::::>. I and my family would be coming into town on the 10th of september so let me know when its most convenient for you to start and also my financial Clerk will make out a check to you before our arrival. You will receive a Certified Check which you will deduct your wages of $300 for the first week and the remaining funds will be used to buy foodstuffs and other things needed in the house. You will be getting the foodstuffs and some other items which you believe might be needed on or before the day of our arrival which will be the 10th of september . Actually our flights from Australia will arrive at night so you will be getting the foodstuffs in the morning and making all other preparations.

I will also instruct my estate agent to mail the keys of the apartment to you so as to do all other necessary preparations before we arrive. You have to get all this shopping before our arrival so that we wont have to start running around when we arrive, So my financial Clerk would be needing the following information to make out the check payment.

Full Name:
Full address:
zip-code & Apt Number:
Phone number:
email:

All i need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of time working with us.

I dunno... The fact that the language used here is practically identical and the name literally is, is not making me feel very generous! Anyhow, hope this helps.

Also, as I recieved a text initially, I have a phone number - gonna try calling it...!(252) 517-5025
#265099 by Dotti Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:37 pm
For the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with this scam (and it is indeed a scam):

You will receive a Certified Check which you will deduct your wages of $300 for the first week and the remaining funds will be used to buy foodstuffs and other things needed in the house.

The scammer intends to send a fraudulent check to his victim (don't let the "Certified" fool you, certified checks can be faked (or altered) just as personal checks can.) The value of the check will be significantly greater than $300 (in the neighborhood of a few hundred to a few thousand dollars more.) Rather than being sent out to buy food, he victim will be instructed to deposit the check and keep $300 of the total, then to withdraw the "extra" and transfer it to some other third party (by some untraceable and irreversible means) or (less often) to purchase expensive items and send them to a third party. Or, the scammer will have an emergency that prevents or delays "her" arrival and will need the victim to "refund" the excess money via western union or equivalent.

In any case, if the fraudulent check is good enough, the bank will not detect it right away, and they will provide the cash as required by law. But they will keep processing the check, and ultimately they will determine that it is fraudulent. When this happens, the bank will come after the victim for the remainder of the money. The victim is legally liable to the bank because he/she deposited the check. If the victim doesn't have enough money in their account, they will end up owing the bank the difference. And that's on top of fees for the fraudulent deposit, plus any bounced check charges resulting from the situation. The bank will also have the right to approach the authorities to have criminal charges filed against the victim.

In the meantime, the scammer has disappeared with the cash or items, and the victim is left holding the bag.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#265912 by RedPickleBoy Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 pm
100% fake. I got a text on my phone from "Sandra Thomson" that she found my information on Care.com and that her friend needed someone to watch her dog. So, I e-mailed the friend. I said I was notified that she needed someone to walk her dog and pet sit it. She replied saying this:

"Hello,
How are you doing? my name is jessica henleys,You are right about your service needed . I am relocating to your neighborhood from Australia. I recently got a contract with a company on a private research job. However, i need someone that will help in running some few errands and pet sitting.

I need someone to work 3 days per week 4 hours per day, someone that is mature whether young or older, loves pets, reliable and punctual. You will take care of a yr old Australian Terrier for three days a week and will have to take him on a walk, give him a bath, meals, brush his hair and make him comfortable while we are away.

Responsibilities for him will be to look after him, feed him meals, bath, keep him clean and safe. My pet is my life so i entrust you to give him the best care..

I will be offering you $300 weekly, i will be needing your services for 4 hours at any suitable time of yours between monday to sunday. If you believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and good person, I will instruct my financial to pay for the first week before our arrival so as to secure your service in advance.

I will be waiting to hear from you."

Sound familiar?
#269572 by WickedWitch Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:14 am
Thank you for this post. I also received a text from Sandra Thomson stating a friend of hers needed a pet sitter and that Sandra got my information from care.com. She further asked me to email her friend at [email protected]. The number the text came from was 252-517-5025. I would have responded to her had I not seen this post. Thanks for the heads up!
#269776 by Trickless Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:22 pm
I registered just to respond!

I JUST got this text today: "Hi,my name is Sandra Thomson,A friend of mine needs a pet sitter for her DOG,I got your information on care.com .Kindly email her at [email protected] so she can mail you to provide you with further info.... Thank you"

The text number was from 252-517-5025.

I have a Care.com account, so I thought it might be legit, but then I saw that I have my number hidden in my privacy settings. Creepy that the scammer got my cell number AND knew that I had a pet profile on Care.com. Could the site security be compromised, you think?

So glad I googled this!

Re:

#270652 by FourWindsChaser Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:59 pm
Today, I received a text from "Sandra Thomson"... It is as follows...

'Hi, My name is Sandra Thomson,A friend of mine needs a pet sitter for her DOG,I got your information on Care.com. Kindly email her at [email protected] so she can mail you to provide you with further info... Thank you.'

The phone number is (918) 608-1936

A whitepages search shows this number being a landline, level 3.

My neighbor received a text similar to this one two months ago.

I, too, am on Care.com.

My number isnt made public for this very reason. All contact, for me, is email via the actual site until I choose to give out my number.

I will double check and make sure my number has not been made public... :roll:
#271288 by Nans Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am
This is pretty much identical to the messages I have gotten. I have a profile on Care.com and I got a text from someone saying their name was Mary and they had a friend moving here from Australia in need of someone to dog sit. So I emailed the lady who said her name is Tracy Charles and she wanted me to dog sit her year old Australian Terrier 3 days a week, 4 hours a day for $400 a week. She said she is moving here from Brisbane, Australia because she got a job working for a private research company. She told me she has been married for 35 years and her husband is from Boston, MA, and she has a son Josh who is 19 years old. I thought it was kind of strange that she said her dog is her life when she has a son, and that the 19 year son couldn't take care of the dog. I am very disappointed that this turned out to be a scam because that paycheck would have really helped my mom and I. Anyway, the number I got the text from is: 1(567)2548869 and the email address is: [email protected]
#273024 by Mishka Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:47 pm
I also recieved a text first from Sandra Thomson (8598382810 which is a kentucky number) saying her friend needed help dog sitting. She didnt respond when I asked how she got my number (I have business cards that only list an email address. I am on care but I dont believe my number is visible). It all sounded fishy but I figured I'd try anyway.

SO I sent an email to [email protected] and recieved this response:

Hello,
How are you doing? my name is Jessica Henleys,You are right about your service needed . I am relocating to your neighborhood from Australia. I recently got a contract with a company on a private research job. However, i need someone that will help in running some few errands and pet sitting.

Which really sucks, I was so hoping I was getting a new client.
#273148 by Dlyyqmfcmk15 Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:32 pm
I got the same text from Sandra ( 918-608-1936) about my profile on care.Com (my number is hidden) and so I send an email to Jessica Henleys at [email protected] to which I got the same email as everyone else. I have asked "her" a bunch of personal questions about her family, the dog, and for pictures. I sent "her" a fake address but they already have all of my other information like my name, email, and phone number. Ugh. :x